BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on January 18, 2014, 02:17:40 PM

Title: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: Moderator on January 18, 2014, 02:17:40 PM
You'll enjoy this latest How It Was Done article!

<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HowardFitzcharles.htm">Howard Fitzcharles' 1970 MGB GT with Oldsmobile 215 V8</a>

Front-tilting MGB bonnet? Air starter? Quad Webers on custom manifolds? Direct ignition? Eight megaphone mufflers? BMW water pump, located off of the timing cover? Let's hear your comments.

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HowardFitzcharles/HowardFitzcharles-AA.jpg)

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HowardFitzcharles/HowardFitzcharles-BA.jpg)
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: tbo on January 18, 2014, 08:08:11 PM
Wow that;s some wild engineering.That;s a hot rod for sure. Way to go
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: rficalora on January 18, 2014, 10:31:41 PM
That is some AMAZING engineering!
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: DiDueColpi on January 20, 2014, 06:09:46 PM
Very cool.
I like that vintage fighter aircraft vibe.
Would love to hear it start-up.
That's gotta sound unique.
Let alone how those 8 individual exhaust pipes must sound.
Cheers
Fred
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: tbo on January 23, 2014, 09:59:11 PM
Everybody must be on vacation in Cuba Costa Rica or Somewheres. I thought the wires would be burning up on comments from this build.I guess we gotta wait for Everybody to get back.
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on January 23, 2014, 10:18:53 PM
Pretty sweet ride.

Jim
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: pspeaks on January 24, 2014, 01:58:13 AM
I know nothing about Oldsmobile motors, but I know outstanding engineering when I see it.  I'm impressed!


Paul
Title: Re: New to the Gallery: Howard Fitzcharles' Green Dragon
Post by: 88v8 on January 24, 2014, 05:33:45 AM
Unnnnbelievable to have the vision and the sheer persistence - and the ability. These throwaway comments about designing and making an inlet manifold, drilling out the Webers, the extensive mods to the cooling system, and the air start; now that is seriously mind-boggling. I heard of Daimler fitting one to the double-six sleeve valve, but a V8 ????
Unnnnbelievable.

Hope you actually get it to the point where it can be driven.

Ivor