BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: 88v8 on December 11, 2013, 06:13:41 AM

Title: Porsche 928 into TR6?
Post by: 88v8 on December 11, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
The Porker 928 is pretty cheap over here. Less than £2,000 ($3,000) will buy you one on the road. The electronics have a certain reputation....
But the engine & box, 4.7 litre V8 with over 300hp as stock. Has anyone tried fitting one into a TR6?
Wondering about the width, as I don't have the option of removing the inner fenders - our roads tend to be rather wet......

Ivor
Title: Re: Porsche 928 into TR6?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 12, 2013, 11:11:35 AM
I'm pretty willing to bet that's a new one. But some of these TR6 guys can give you some guidance. SOHC so overall width will be somewhat greater but not much different at the exhaust ports.

Jim
Title: Re: Porsche 928 into TR6?
Post by: Vandal171 on January 17, 2014, 07:43:15 PM
As a former owner of a 928 don't waste your money. There are far less complicated ways to re-power a TR.
Title: Re: Porsche 928 into TR6?
Post by: 88v8 on January 21, 2014, 04:15:50 AM
Thankyou. I think I'll shelve that idea.

Ivor