BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Havanacloo on November 09, 2013, 06:22:05 AM

Title: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Havanacloo on November 09, 2013, 06:22:05 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the Forum so please be gentle with me. I've recently become the owner of a 1974 Stag, and would like to replace the old Ford Essex V6 with a shiny new Lexus V8, and would be eternally grateful to anyone with any info on the conversion. As you can see by my username I'm very new to this sort of thing, so any help would be appreciated.
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Moderator on November 09, 2013, 11:06:08 AM
Welcome to the forum.  We're usually a pretty civil bunch, and I know you'll fit in well. If you're here, you must have some clue!
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Havanacloo on November 09, 2013, 12:02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on November 11, 2013, 11:29:21 AM
Don't know if it helps but DanB has a thread on a Lexus/TR7 conversion that could provide a few pointers.

Jim
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Sparrow010 on November 13, 2013, 09:56:40 PM
Here is one that's all done and eating up road round NZ
stag1-uzfe_DSC_0894.jpg
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Sparrow010 on November 13, 2013, 10:12:25 PM
Here is a VTi   2UZ re power being built up in Aussie
EngineinBay1.JPG
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Sparrow010 on November 13, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
A 1 UZ Stag repower being built in the UK
nevs1UZ.jpg
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Moderator on November 14, 2013, 12:56:25 AM
Andrew, please invite your friend in New Zealand to send in a How It Was Done write-up.
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Havanacloo on November 14, 2013, 03:22:35 AM
Wow, not much room in there Andrew ;  )
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Sparrow010 on November 26, 2013, 12:55:48 AM
Yeah OK

I will finish putting my HIWD together and will send to you shortly Curtis.

Cheers

Andrew

LXSTAG

NZ
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: bullstarz on November 30, 2013, 09:53:56 AM
I didn't know anyone else had started this conversion here in the UK.  Mine on its way.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
Title: Re: Lexus V8 to Stag conversion
Post by: Sparrow010 on July 17, 2014, 04:33:53 AM
Wow that's going to be some beast bullstarz.. Vti with a turbo... nice work.
I've got a MP90 that I'm looking to fit onto my 1UZ. hope it will fit low enough to hide it all under the hood ;-)
Just have to finish the Missus Spitfire 4AGE conversion before I'm allowed to play with stagy again.