BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Wildcat on October 21, 2013, 03:12:07 AM

Title: Introducing myself
Post by: Wildcat on October 21, 2013, 03:12:07 AM
Hi there

I am from the Netherlands where we all like all old British cars especially the ones with a V8 !
The engine is a Wildcat Rover V8 with 352 cubic inch (5.8 ltrs) and it is running with quad twin carbs.
My car is a Cobra and I own it now 20 years, the combination of an open top and a V8 engine is something special. Each and every time it is a fun to drive and during the winter I like to make upgrades to the engine, suspension or whatsoever.

Cheers
Rik
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: tbo on October 21, 2013, 08:22:20 PM
Welcome aboard. Lots of information and good people to learn from.
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: GHN31890 on October 23, 2013, 01:26:33 PM
I am living in France, french alps, in an area very much involved in famous Monte Carlo rallies...  
As a long term MG fan I envy you there where you can modify your MG's with no restriction. Here we can only road drive only standard cars. You do a fantastic job.
This site is a nice source for inspiring with very pretty solutions

Life is too short not to. Best Regards
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: mowog1 on October 23, 2013, 08:01:01 PM
Welcome!
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: Moderator on October 23, 2013, 08:49:39 PM
Welcome, gentlemen!

Rik, I'd like to encourage you to send in photos of your car for our Photo Gallery.  

Guy, you forgot to mention what sort of MG you drive. (How many cylinders?)
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: Wildcat on October 23, 2013, 10:42:20 PM
Thanks Guys,

Will try to upload some pictures of the car in the Gallery and I am alreay enjoying the found information on all kind of stuff.

Cheers Rik
Title: Re: Introducing myself
Post by: Moderator on October 24, 2013, 10:45:15 AM
Cool! Information about how to submit photos - plus some photography tips - may be found here:
http://www.britishv8.org/British-V8-How-To-Contribute.htm