BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: harv8 on September 21, 2013, 02:49:15 PM

Title: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: harv8 on September 21, 2013, 02:49:15 PM
Has anyone used the Sidewinder Cooling Fan from Mattson's?
I'm needing more cfm in my car and I have NO SPACE.
Title: Re: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: Citron on September 23, 2013, 10:37:08 PM
PJ had one in his BGT and had to replace it in Townsend one year.  Don' t know what he is running now.

Steve
Title: Re: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: rficalora on September 23, 2013, 11:57:31 PM
Which car Martin?  If it's your 302 powered GT, I angled my radiator forward a bit at the bottom and was able to fit a Volvo fan.  It kept temps under control in the TX heat this summer even with the AC on high & in stop & go traffic for over an hour.  Don't recall if the Rover motors are longer than the Ford though?
Title: Re: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: classic conversions on September 24, 2013, 01:39:02 PM
How are you doing with your brakes.
Title: Re: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: lawnvett on September 24, 2013, 03:48:18 PM
I can send you the what's left of a broken sidewinder if you want to give it a try.  the electric motor is ok, the fan & shroud is ok will need to fab the pulley and mounts.  I think it was $4-500 new just pay the shipping.  When installed pulley alignment was a problem.
Title: Re: Sidewinder Cooling Fan
Post by: harv8 on September 24, 2013, 06:42:21 PM
Thanks for the offer. I think I will continue to improve my current set up. I'm going to install a header tank system as a first step.

Cheers!