Does anyone know the color code or name of this color? 1950 MG Special Race Car #284. It looks to be a green/grey version of Jaguar's Cotswold Blue. Thanks for your help.
Jack
Looks very close to the green of my 1968 MGC, which was painted a Jaguar BRG by a previous owner.
LesterMG.jpg
1968MGCRF_1.JPG
Thanks for your response. That must be an earlier picture. The current color of the car, as represented in an article on this site, is not BRG. It is a much lighter shade of grey/green. I saw the car this weekend at an event in Norcross, GA. Not BRG.
Curtis may know.
http://www.britishracecar.com/SteveKonsin-LesterMG.htm
The only thing I know about that car is it's not authentic. The frame may have some connection to Harry Lester, but the body certainly doesn't. I didn't realize photos of it could still be found on my server.
I didn't find the photo of the Lester MG on BritishV8.org.....I did a Google search....and got several hits.
I have about 25 pics of this Lester MG...is this the one?
1954MGLesterT51RacingCoupe1.jpg
Thank you all for you input. I was able to contact the owner, Steve Konsin. The car was last repainted about 8 years ago, the color is PPG Gilbert Furniture Truck PPG 46320. A truck from the 1980's! I am the orignal owner of a 1990 Mazda Miata with 238,000 miles and I'm going to paint it a truck color !!!
Curtis: Can you tell me on what basis you have decided the car is not "authentic"? Harry produced several T 51 chassies sold to a few to build various "specials" with his signature drive line....The body is not a Harry Lester produced body. But is an aluminum body that was produced for the car in the early 50s in England. I have spent a lot of time and effort tracking it's history. If you have some evidence that suggests it's not a "Lester" I would hope you can share it because I would appreiciate seeing it...Thanks Steve Konsin skonsin@aol.com
The only thing I know about that car is it's not authentic. The frame may have some connection to Harry Lester, but the body certainly doesn't. I didn't realize photos of it could still be found on my server.
The only thing I know about that car is it's not authentic. The frame may have some connection to Harry Lester, but the body certainly doesn't. I didn't realize photos of it could still be found on my server.
This is unbelievable....the frame may have some connection but you don't know for sure...What exactly are you saying.....Let me translate..you don't have a clue...you are trying to run a credible forum and you discredit cars based on information you can't verify.....do you have any information on the car that you can validate your " not authentic " comment?...it's the chassie that's important not the body...do you know who built the body? When it was built and by whom? I do... it's a Lester T 51 chassie that's the important provenance..... prove it's not or retract your comments.....Steve Konsin
It's been awhile since I got the low-down, but as I recall... body by Bonallack and Sons. Haesendonck assembled the car circa 1954 or 1955. Reworked and updated quite a bit in more recent years. What more can you tell us?
Before it was called BRG it was called Brooklands Green, which is a non metallic BRG.
For some reason is hard to attached a photo here. Only rea...lly small pix, I can't post a picture from I phone, is to big.
I tried to post a picture. Got MGexperience and will post a picture of Brooklands Green