BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: lars49 on September 06, 2013, 10:59:42 AM

Title: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: lars49 on September 06, 2013, 10:59:42 AM
The contract for the hotel is in place.  

A web site has been set up to make reservations at this link: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/C/COSCHGI-BV8-20140720/index.jhtml;jsessionid=CGUL4GSFDPIQ0CSGBIU2VCQ.  You can also contact the Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs at (719) 598-6866 and mention British V8 2014.

The rate $102/night + 9.63 % tax for a room with either a single king or 2 queen beds.  The cutoff date for reservations is June 20, 2014

A limited number of rooms for persons with special needs are available. Please contact the hotel reservations department directly to confirm arrangements.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Jim Stabe on September 06, 2013, 09:57:40 PM
Got mine in. Got to get back to work on the car so I have something to drive.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: danmas on September 07, 2013, 12:15:19 PM
Reservations made.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: lars49 on September 07, 2013, 12:58:50 PM
Jim - ditto
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: kstevusa on September 08, 2013, 04:27:15 PM
Pilot and co-pilot booked also.   :-)
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Spitfire 350 on January 02, 2014, 01:00:47 PM
Room booked, can't wait. Currently have about 7 inches of snow here in NW Ohio.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: RMO 699F on January 02, 2014, 02:49:09 PM
Phil, you need to move all the way down here to sunny vacation like SW Ohio...we only have 5" of snow....ha ha
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Citron on January 02, 2014, 08:56:11 PM
Margaret and I will be there

Steve
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: TNV8 on January 05, 2014, 06:37:07 PM
Hi all my wife and I are going to try to go.... We will not be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn we will be staying at the Marriott Residence Inn just about 2 miles north, I travel a lot and using points for my nights. Will be trailering it in from Crossville, TN
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on January 06, 2014, 11:34:24 AM
Brenda & Calvin just booked coming in on Sat 7/19.  

Phil keep the Triumph Parking Spots open..Hope your wife can make it this year.  Also looking forward to seeing Dan Masters in the flesh with his awesome car with my note pad in hand.  Unfortunately we will not have the MGB GT done.  Brenda wishes but not going to happen this year.  Looking forward to seeing Jim Stable with his wide body MG Roadster.  This will be a memorable meet.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: lars49 on January 06, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
As of today I am showing 19 people that have signed up for rooms.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: rficalora on January 06, 2014, 09:18:55 PM
Haven't booked yet but am planning to be there.  Likely my wife will be joining me too.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Jim Stabe on January 07, 2014, 09:41:34 AM
Hope there are more than 20 there. How many do you typically get?

Looking foward to seeing your car Rob.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: rficalora on January 07, 2014, 02:30:59 PM
There have been about 40-45 cars & 60 or so people at the ones I've made.  While I'm sure it makes the event planner nervous & makes their job harder, it's not uncommon for a lot of folks to register in the last 2-4 weeks.

I have made my hotel reservation now.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: danmas on January 07, 2014, 02:43:20 PM
20 reservations this far out is pretty encouraging. Based on my experience, motel reservations and event registrations flood in at the last minute.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: lars49 on January 10, 2014, 06:56:47 PM
I actually thought that 20 rooms booked this early was encouraging.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Anarchy99 on January 28, 2014, 08:03:33 PM
If all the bugs are worked out with mine before then I'm planning on being there.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: RMO 699F on March 02, 2014, 12:48:56 PM
Larry, as usual, I am the one who does not seem to "get it" the first time around....could you please clarify for me what the actual dates are for the event? I know we start on Sunday the 20th....but am confused on the Thursday the 24th date...is the 24th an activity day, or do we depart on the 24th...
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: ex-tyke on March 02, 2014, 10:02:50 PM
O great and exulted Maloneyous one - departure date appears to be the 24th...
http://www.britishv8.org/British-V8-Meetings.htm
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: RMO 699F on March 03, 2014, 02:40:42 PM
I am humbled to submission ex-tyke by your keen observation that was obvious to everyone except the arkleyologist...
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: DocsMG on April 17, 2014, 01:47:08 PM
There are a few locals that don't need reservations so that # might be more like 30 atm.

If anyone needs local info hit me up.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Citron on April 24, 2014, 11:15:23 AM
Just had to cancel our trip this year.
Hate to miss it but the dentist decided she needed a new car and I should pay for it.
Sorry to miss this as I've never been to Colorado.
Have fun guys.

Steve
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Jim Stabe on April 24, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
I won't be making it either for a number of reasons: birth of a grandson, numerous delays on the car, bathroom renovation at daughter's house...

Too bad since this is probably the closest the meet has been held to San Diego.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: danmas on April 24, 2014, 02:23:43 PM
QuoteToo bad since this is probably the closest the meet has been held to San Diego.

Why not host/organize one yourself in or near San Diego?  There is no reason why there can't be a British V8 meet east and a British V8 meet west each year.

Sadly, it looks like I won't make this one either.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on April 24, 2014, 04:54:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear of the last three posts, of great BV8 people not being able to make the meet! We will try to take many photos and videos to post for those that don't make the meet.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Spitfire 350 on April 24, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the people not able to make it to the meet. I know they did not come to this decision easily. You will be missed. On the positive side; the whole McConnell clan will be in attendance this year. We decide to take a family vacation that includes this year's BV8 meet. Can't wait to see everyone.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Citron on April 28, 2014, 10:25:01 PM
It turns out Margaret and I will b there after all.  Will arrive on July19.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Steve
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: DocsMG on April 29, 2014, 08:41:48 PM
Steve, are you bringing the trailer?
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Citron on April 29, 2014, 10:02:29 PM
We never leave home without it.  Only way to travel, but Margaret is not bringing her sewing machine this time.

Steve
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: kstevusa on May 01, 2014, 03:24:39 PM
hey gang, my usual co-pilot had to cancel, but "The Captain", my wife will attend with me. Retirement has freed her to travel some and she agreed to fly out also.  Just checked and a "Spirits" store down street from hotel and it carries GD.  I'm impressed :-)   We'll do a trial run to Townsend Tn. next week-end for see how we fare.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 02, 2014, 11:02:21 AM
Kelly,
Sounds like "The Captain" knows how to run a happy ship. I'm looking forward to meeting her. Are you renting a Mustang convertible for your Colorado car?
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 02, 2014, 11:40:06 PM
Hey Phil,

Is your family all coming to the meet still? My Twin sons put in their leave orders in the AF, so they can come with us this meet. Should be a great time for all.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 03, 2014, 08:48:31 AM
Calvin,
Yes, there will be 5 of us. Mary, Liz, Sam, and Sean (Sam's boyfriend) are flying out. We should be there Saturday the 19th.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: MG four six eight on May 20, 2014, 01:38:12 AM
Reservations made!
We've never been to Colorado before, should be fun!

Bill
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: lawnvett on May 20, 2014, 05:42:26 PM
I have also reserved a room at the host hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn.  I have two queen beds and I'm solo.  If another solo person wants to split the cost by sharing a room send me a PM.

I plan to fly to Denver and either bum a ride from one of you guys or take a shuttle bus to Colorado Springs.  I don't think I'll need a car as I hope to get rides in several V8 British cars.



I will be mailing my event registrations soon.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations - Last Call
Post by: lars49 on June 16, 2014, 11:21:36 AM
The last day to lock-in the hotel rate is this Friday, June20.

For those of you that are still on the fence as to whether you are able to make it to this year's meeting, may I make a suggestion.  You can make a reservation on-line and lock in the the rate, and if you are not able to make it, you can cancel the reservation on-line up to 24 hours before your arrival date and get a refund.
Title: Re: Britsh V8 2014 - Hotel Reservations
Post by: Oldbloke on June 26, 2014, 09:41:32 PM
I'm locked in.  Bro waiting for me in Grand Junction.  Looking forward to caravaning with Calvin and the Miata twins.