BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: dchilds on August 08, 2013, 10:46:56 PM

Title: Don's TR6
Post by: dchilds on August 08, 2013, 10:46:56 PM
I have always dreamed of building a replica Cobra since a kid. Been following the Cobra replica industry for years. Even visited the Factory Five factory & seriously considered it until I restored a TR6 & discovered 'British V8"
 I've been into cars all my life. Helped my uncle build a Manx dune buggy in the 60's when I was about 12. He was also into drag & dirt track racing, so I was always around it. My 1st cars in order: '62 V8 Impala, '67 429 Thunderbird, '69 MG Midget (that buddy of mine circled the U.S. in 1977) '68 289 Mustang, '70 Plum Crazy Cuda I owned for 25 years & never should of sold.
 Was into off-road racing in the late '80's & built a few Jeeps & sand rails. also quads. Was a machinist/ machine builder for 25 years, so I have an advantage in fabrication skills. Nobody should take a project like this lightly.
 Here's a picture of the '72 TR6 I restored about 8 years ago & have since sold.
MVC-674F.JPG

I am currently in the process of building a V8 Triumph TR6.
See my Project Journal Forum for details.
6-10-10002-Copy.jpg
5-27-12045.jpg