BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: pspeaks on August 02, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

Title: Steering
Post by: pspeaks on August 02, 2013, 11:48:08 AM
I'm currently fabricating and installing my steering.  It's all pretty much straight forward and going very well in spite of the 104+ degree temps in Dallas; I really need to air condition my garage.  Before starting I studied the "How It Was Done" section in detail and can't say how much of a help it was.  My one question is I really like the firewall steering shaft bearing on Mr. Master's 74 and was wondering where and if it could be sourced.  I hope everyone is having a great summer; my toys have all refused to come out of the garage until fall.  My Harley told me yesterday that I'm 70 years old and don't have the abs to take my shirt off and ride now but if I wait until it gets cold it will let me put a coat on.



Paul
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: danmas on August 02, 2013, 12:29:25 PM
Paul,

Give Ted Lathrop a call. I'm sure he'll be glad to give you a source. You can find contact info for him on his web site:  http://www.fastcarsinc.com/

I would, but I don't know where he got it.
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: pspeaks on August 02, 2013, 03:00:30 PM
Thanks Dan, you're probably getting tired of hearing this but you have a beautiful car, in fact its the motivation for my conversion.  Thanks again, I'll call Ted.


Paul
Title: Re: Steering
Post by: rficalora on August 02, 2013, 05:47:01 PM
Check these out Paul... http://www.jegs.com/p/Earls/Earls-Seals-It-Firewall-Grommet-Seals/937113/10002/-2

Here's another (bottom right one)... http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=84_105?