BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: J Man on July 09, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Title: B motor in Midget/Sprite?
Post by: J Man on July 09, 2013, 09:01:19 PM
Could a B motor swap into a Midget or Sprite without major hacking to the car?
Title: Re: B motor in Midget/Sprite?
Post by: Preform Resources on July 10, 2013, 03:36:55 PM
Why ??????????
Title: Re: B motor in Midget/Sprite?
Post by: Moderator on July 10, 2013, 04:54:59 PM
Which spridget are you thinking of? The late-model (Triumph 1500 powered) Midgets may have a little more room... But keep in mind that the B-series is a very heavy engine with a poor bore-to-stroke ratio. The A-series has tons of upgrade potential if you like a high-revving racing engine... It certainly has a far more successful and broader racing history!  B-series was used in MGB and a few Elva Courier racecars. A-series engines powered everything from fearsome Mini rally cars to diverse fields of Formula Juniors.
Title: Re: B motor in Midget/Sprite?
Post by: J Man on July 10, 2013, 09:00:28 PM
If I was to do it, it would be a chrome bumper car. I know there are better engines out there but I have a B engine already so the price is right. I know other have put other banger motors, v6s and even a I6 on them so my guess is that it would fit but thought I would ask anyways. Plus I figured they are good enough to power a heavier B so it could make a nice affordable motor in a smaller Spridget.