BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: lars49 on July 03, 2013, 11:42:50 AM

Title: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: lars49 on July 03, 2013, 11:42:50 AM
I had to bump to the next week because of other events in town that were competing for hotel space.  These dates are solid.

For hotel space, I have commitments from the Hyatt Place.  The Comfort Inn is under new management and they are being coy about letting such a large block of rooms go.  

I did check with the various small hotels in Manitou Springs and could not get any commitments.  The rates there are about 50% greater than the north end of town.

The following planned events have commitments from the vendors:

Hog Heaven BBQ lunch stop for road trip.
Clive Cussler Auto Museum
Pikes Peak Toll road.

I am waiting for info from Colorado State Patrol track & Revolutions Performance

I still need to speak to The Golden Bee and the Penrose Carriage Museum.
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: Dan B on July 03, 2013, 02:21:18 PM
What kind of rate are you getting from the Hyatt?
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: lars49 on July 03, 2013, 04:33:14 PM
Dan,  

The Hyatt quoted me $99/night with a comp'd meeting room.  

The Comfort Inn had given me a rate last year that was in the $70-$85 range.  I've talked to them a couple of times since returning from Omaha, but the manager hasn't gotten back to me.

The hotels in Manitou Springs are giving me rate in the $150 range without meeting rooms and are not willing to commit to 40 rooms or so.  In fact some of them have far less rooms.

Other hotels are in the $120-$155 range so far.
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: mowog1 on July 03, 2013, 07:56:59 PM
What is the tax rate?
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: lars49 on July 03, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
Those quotes were exclusive of taxes.  

As far as taxes right now:
<table border="0">
<tr><td></td><td>sales tax</td><td>7.63%</td></tr>
<tr><td></td><td>lodging tax</td> <td>2%</td></tr>
<tr><td></td><td>auto rental tax</td><td>1%</td></tr>
</table>

 So rooms and car rentals are taxed at 9.63% and 8.63% respectively.  Subject to change, but only by referendum.
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: Jim Stabe on July 05, 2013, 11:08:40 AM
Anyone going to try and better 8 min 17 sec up Pike's Peak?
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/02/watch-the-pikes-peak-record-fall-from-sebastien-loebs-point-of/#continued
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: mowog1 on July 06, 2013, 07:52:26 PM
Did you meet this young Pikes Peak Driver at SEMA, Jim?!

Tabitha Lohr

http://www.morningstarpublishing.com/articles/2012/04/16/grand_traverse_insider/life/doc4f8c5b5570d3b350563519.txt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jjYAtrwVY
TabithaLohrPikesPeak11-23.jpg
Title: Re: British V8 2014 - Confirmed Dates July 20-24, 2014
Post by: Jim Stabe on July 07, 2013, 02:05:59 AM
I didn't have the pleasure Rick but I'm not surprised that you did. Maybe she will show up for our trip up the mountain.