BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: perrymgbv8 on June 30, 2013, 02:25:23 PM

Title: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: perrymgbv8 on June 30, 2013, 02:25:23 PM
I took the car out yesterday with the same tune as the last PB. But this time I had fixed a wiring issue that was causing erratic operation of the nitrous. We set the controller for a soft launch and used more rpm that this engine seems to like now? I was very happy with a 9 and even happier to back it up on the next pass.
Nuff said!

Here are the two runs I did yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4R0sb4K4kU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU5WJ-IDy44&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 30, 2013, 02:55:41 PM
Good stuff Perry!

Jim
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: rficalora on June 30, 2013, 11:18:17 PM
WOW!  Congratulations Perry.  Great accomplishment.
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: perrymgbv8 on July 02, 2013, 11:43:10 AM
Thanks Guys!!

They were nice smooth runs as well. My rear suspension mods have worked ??

Nothing fancy though, just taller bump stops on the rear axle !

I'm out again this weekend to see if a 9.89 is possible?
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: perrymgbv8 on July 02, 2013, 04:47:50 PM
I have just been thinking about next weekend?
I'm going to add another 50hp of nitrous and drop my launch power down some more.

I have been running 1.4 second 60 foot times to get my old 10.2 second runs. But on the new engine I have only made 1.6 seconds in the 60 foot as the engine revs much better now. So next Sunday I will jet up for a 200 shot of nitrous. I will set my launch power to 50hp with the other 150hp coming in over 2 seconds. I will take another 2-3 degree's of timing out to see if she will still launch nice and straight while still giving me another 10th off my current ET.
 
I do think that she may just do what I'm asking of her ?
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: Jim Stabe on July 02, 2013, 05:57:50 PM
I knew you were going to get to single didits. Well done.
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: perrymgbv8 on July 05, 2013, 04:10:22 PM
Thanks Jim!

I'm loaded on the trailer for 2 days of fun at the track this weekend. I'm going to let my Son run the MG tomorrow as I'll be tinkering with the other car I've been helping build this last few years. An old skool slingshot with a meth powered SBC and glide setup.

Once my friend has made a couple of passes I'll be jumping in to give it a try :)

Then on Sunday I'll be in the MG trying for that 9.89 ticket !!

Weather here is nice and warm at 78F today and the forecast at the track for the weekend is around 84 F.
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: perrymgbv8 on July 09, 2013, 10:22:57 AM
Holy Moly!!!!

I was hoping to come home with a 9.89 timing ticket. But I came home with a big smile on my face and a 9.81 timing ticket :)

I'm very happy with the new engine now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIiNRulHCfY
Title: Re: Another new PB.... But this time its my first 9 second pass :)
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on July 09, 2013, 04:09:43 PM
Nice run Perry! Congrats on new PB 9.81 sweet!