We've had to make a couple of changes in the schedule. First, the Hooter's we were planning on dining at has closed at that location, so we will be moving to Twin Peaks, hope this is up to traditional V8 standards.
Second, the Lincoln Austin Healey club has lost the use of parking lots belonging to the school system, so we have no location for an autocross. Trying to find an alternative activity. Will have scales available at the event if you want to get your car's weight and corner distribution.
"alternative activity"
I hope that is not to say there will be no autocross event.
As I recall, a group of dedicated individuals threw one together successfully at the 2008 meet in Port Washington, WI
Were you involved in that Carl?
An Outlaw Autocross?
I think we should do an impromptu drifting exhibition at Twin Peaks. (Is it called Twin Peaks in the same context as Hooters, or are they talking about the landscape?)
We've been known to do things like that before...
Jim
May we all take a moment of silence in remembrance of the closing of this House of the Orange Awning.
McClainplaque.jpg
SpuriousRestaurant.JPG
Hi everyone, as a member of Flatwater Austin Healey club and their driving events chair, I'd just like to clarify the problem. I was actually looking forward to laying out a course for your get together! But I found out that the school parking lots we usually use on Sundays could not be obtained for a weekday. Summer school, events, etc. To much going on during the week! John, our contact with the school system even asked if they could park in the smaller lot and let us use the big lot that day. No luck, John also called the airport where the SCCA puts on their national meet, and it's only one thousand dollars per day. Plus we would have to pay one of their on-staff security people. We just lack a good location that we don't have to pay for.
Thanks!
Gerry
80 TR7 DHC
What about an evening? Just a thought....
QuoteAs I recall, a group of dedicated individuals threw one together successfully at the 2008 meet in Port Washington, WI
Were you involved in that Carl?
Yep. The lot that Steve Carrick planned to set up had just been resealed. We couldn't bear to do that to their new surface. So, Jim Blackwood & I spent that evening (along with Steve's encouragement) creating something that would work in the motel's side parking lot.
Maybe we could do something similar. We don't need a lot of space. We usually keep it small & safe. I wouldn't mind doing figure 8s around the light poles in the mall parking lot! Or, draw a 150-200 foot circle for a skid pad competition.