BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: NCtim on May 07, 2013, 04:19:19 PM

Title: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: NCtim on May 07, 2013, 04:19:19 PM
Anyone going this year? I went last year and got some good ideas.

Tim
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: MGBV8 on May 07, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
I always love to go. It's my favorite show & venue. My daughter has a baseball game that day. I'll likely need her to pitch. Nothing quite like watching your daughter strike out a bunch of 11-12 year old boys.  ;)
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: NCtim on May 07, 2013, 05:01:34 PM
Carl,

I read this morning that girls who exercise aren't violent. I guess we got lots of exercise when I was growing up because the girls were never aggressive like today. Keep up the good work, dad! Maybe see you next year or sooner.

Tim
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 07, 2013, 06:18:41 PM
What are the dates?
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: danmas on May 07, 2013, 07:15:27 PM
Phil,

This weekend.  

http://www.blountbritishcars.org/2013gathering.htm

I'll be there (if we don't get rained out).
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: NCtim on May 08, 2013, 06:20:53 PM
Dan,

We'll be good on the weather I think. I hope to see you again.

Tim
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: kstevusa on May 08, 2013, 07:04:11 PM
I plan to be up Friday PM.  All ways look fwd to this outing!    Still No CURB Service, for those who understand   :)
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: danmas on May 08, 2013, 07:09:06 PM
Kelly,

You'll have to go to Omaha for that.

Tim,

The local weather report says 60% chance of rain Saturday.  I hope they are wrong.
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: danmas on May 12, 2013, 07:27:03 PM
A couple of pics from the Gathering. We had a short, light rain, but other than that, the weather was great.

1tn.jpg

2tn.jpg
Title: Re: Springtime in the Smokies/Townsend, TN
Post by: danmas on May 12, 2013, 07:33:21 PM
Found this car of interest at the Gathering:

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg