BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Bodywork, Paint, Interior, Trim, & Wiring => Topic started by: roverman on March 14, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

Title: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: roverman on March 14, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
Took me about 40 yrs., to learn this. One problem is most spray cans project a round pattern, not good. Some paint shops will mix color matched paint, in a spray can, with a "fan" nozzle= best. Next, angle the spray can, towards the overall direction, your going, ie., if spraying top-bottom, angle spray pattern downward ,just enough, to keep overspray ahead of wetted areas. Onward, roverman.
Title: Re: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: NCtim on March 31, 2013, 06:32:29 PM
Hey Art,

That's good to know for those small parts and chassis touch-ups. I painted a couple of old Ferguson tractors with a rattle can that had a fan tip and I thought it worked okay for the tractors. My worst problem is runs because the can starts with a heavy burst and ends with a sputter.

Tim
Title: Re: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: roverman on April 01, 2013, 12:15:27 PM
"Starts with a heavy burst, and ends with a sputter", sounds like some Karaoke shows, I've been to/lol. I actually painted a hood, and it looked good, go figure ? roverman.
Title: Re: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: NCtim on April 11, 2013, 06:55:06 PM
Art, you're a better man than most of us.
Title: Re: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: roverman on April 13, 2013, 12:49:08 PM
More like dumb luck- better than no luck, roverman.
Title: Re: How to use a rattle can 101
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 17, 2013, 10:29:26 AM
Lots of times that I'd rather be lucky than good...

But I'm not sure painting is one of them. Then again, not being much of a painter, how would I know?

Jim