BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on March 14, 2013, 05:22:34 PM

Title: New HIWD: Lorenz Hassenstein's 4.6L Triumph TR8
Post by: Moderator on March 14, 2013, 05:22:34 PM
Check it out here: <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/LorenzHassenstein-TR8.htm">Lorenz Hassenstein's Rover 4.6L Powered 1978 Triumph TR8 Coupe</a>

Lots of nifty and unusual features on this one! I think it's the first car we've ever featured with a vacuum pump.

(http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/LorenzHassenstein-TR8/LorenzHassenstein-AA.jpg)
Title: Re: New HIWD: Lorenz Hassenstein's 4.6L Triumph TR8
Post by: MGBV8 on April 03, 2013, 08:45:06 AM
I have toyed with the idea of running a vacuum pump to help with my blowby issues.

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/vacuum-pumps.html

http://www.gzmotorsports.com/vacuum-pump-guide.html

Very nice TR8!
Title: Re: New HIWD: Lorenz Hassenstein's 4.6L Triumph TR8
Post by: 88v8 on April 06, 2013, 07:51:02 AM
I run a vacuum pump on my TR6. That little electric thing in the corner. Teed into the servo hose, with a non-return valve so it doesn't suck the mixture out of the manifold. The cam only makes 7" compared to the 20" of vacuum from a carb car. The pump makes 20" and is switched in & out by a vacuum switch.

(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/88v8/TR6%20mechanical/Vacpumpampnon-return_zpsba78e642.jpg)

(http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/88v8/TR6%20mechanical/Vacpump_zps9fb5c386.jpg)