BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: dwtr6v8 on July 04, 2008, 02:09:25 PM

Title: A Racing TR6 Still out there! Mid-Ohio
Post by: dwtr6v8 on July 04, 2008, 02:09:25 PM
There is still a TR6 presence out there racing! I went to the Vintage Grand Prix races at Mid Ohio last weekend.

#6, is a1970 TR6, from Erie PA and belongs to Bill Tobin!

It does not look too modified, no fender or body mods, stock wheels with race tires, exhaust looks un-modified.
I did not get a shot of the engine bay or talk with Bill, but it was good to see one still mixing it up.
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
Title: Re: A Racing TR6 Still out there! Mid-Ohio
Post by: dwtr6v8 on July 04, 2008, 02:11:44 PM
I think that he is a rookie, first season driver as noted by the tail end.
3.jpg
2.jpg
Title: Re: A Racing TR6 Still out there! Mid-Ohio
Post by: TR6-6SPD on July 04, 2008, 03:31:00 PM
Don,

 I think we should remind everyone out there that on July 19th and 20th Pittsburg is also holding some Vintage Grand Prix races in a park like setting. I believe you posted this already. This will combine nicely with our British V8 meet. I'm going!
Title: Re: A Racing TR6 Still out there! Mid-Ohio
Post by: MGBV8 on July 04, 2008, 05:42:45 PM
Hi Ken,

Sure enjoyed meeting you & Katie (& driving your car!) at last year's V8 Meet. Hope to see y'all again this year.
Title: Re: A Racing TR6 Still out there! Mid-Ohio
Post by: dwtr6v8 on July 04, 2008, 11:10:29 PM
OK,

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is July 19, 20 with over 600 British Cars on Saturday.
DSC01127.jpg
DSC01135.jpg

http://www.pvgp.org/67469411311262/site/default.asp

Most of the vintage racing is  2.0 liter or under, one of the last venues in the country that uses City Streets!

Come on down, over, or up!  The first round is on me!