BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: hustonn on July 02, 2008, 05:21:41 PM

Title: Value of '79 MGB LE
Post by: hustonn on July 02, 2008, 05:21:41 PM
I'm trying to locate a fair price for a 1979 MGB Limited Edition (black) with original mileage around 41,000. I would consider the car to be in great condition - a couple little dings, but never was in an accident and it is the origial paint and racing stripes...would upload a picture, but my computer is in for repair and I don't have any pictures on my laptop!
I truly am having difficulty locating a fair price and would appreciate input from this community! Thanks in advance - Nancy
Title: Re: Value of '79 MGB LE
Post by: Moderator on July 02, 2008, 05:58:35 PM
I don't know the answer to this question (about fair market value)... but I expect someone will ask where the car is located. From Nancy's IP address, it looks to me like she's probably located in or near Lansing, Michigan.
Title: Re: Value of '79 MGB LE
Post by: BMC on July 02, 2008, 07:37:43 PM
Value is what you can get and lots of people tell me their car is in excellent shape- a 9 out of 10. Usually, I see the excellent cars as a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. IF everything works, everything is still factory shiny new including the entire interior, it could be worth over $8,000. Value is all over. It could be between $3-$10K if it runs and drives and is not rusted out.

-BMC.