GOOD NEWS everyone! We're a week past Imbolc, first day of spring in the Gaelic calendar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc
Here's to a great year of top down motoring and good fellowship. Hoist yer glasses high and have a drink in celebration! It won't be long now!
Jim
Quote.....first day of spring in the Gaelic calendar
Unfortunately, the Gaelic calendar doesn't apply to Canada - it's still Winter here!
......and just ask those poor blighters out in New England and the Northeast as Nemo barrels down on them .
Still, that's a cheerful thought, Jim!
Drinking already at this hour of the morning?
I'm in!
WAIT - I missed it... when did it get cold? I've only had the top up a couple of days ;)
<<<<<<<WAIT - I missed it... when did it get cold? I've only had the top up a couple of days ;)>>>>>>
You just had to say it Rob....being in Texas really is not fair <smile>
I guess I won't rub it in any further by letting you guys know I haven't even hooked up my heater yet ;).
Graham, isn't Scotland about the same lattitude?
Jim
Jim, Interesting to note that Southern Ontario is the same latitude as Italy - Scotland is the same latitude as Hudson Bay but that Gulf stream influence on the UK is remarkable - lots of the slushy stuff for Winter snow.
...but what's all that got to do with drinking?
Well, you do need ice in your drinks, right?
Jim
It hasn't warmed up here Jim! Been snowing for about 20 hours, wind gusts to 45-50 mph, -10*. The snow is half way up the garage door. Got to go out soon to unplug the end of the driveway.....the snowplow has been past 7-8 times today. Tampa is going to look good in a couple of weeks!
McKenzieBrothers.jpg
Ice in your drinks????????????
What a way to ruin good scotch !!!!!!!!!!
Why do sane people live up there in the Great White North?! Hearty stock, they are!
Very nice, sunny 50 something degrees here today. Beautiful day for my dad & I to go to a gun safety class & qualify for a carry permit.
Scored 97 on the written test (trick question). Shot a .38 Special 20 rounds right handed & 30 rounds left handed. Scored a 100 on the firing range. ;)
Way to go Carl! I'm picking up my Taurus Judge next Wednesday...
Glad I downsized, sold my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. (8 3/8") and kept the 38 Cal. snub. I can really annoy someone now rather than end their life! That is only IF I can find Ammo :)
Now there's an option for 2014 - I have an NRA pistol instructor certifcation. If anyone wants to show up a day early I could run a class..
Good idea Larry, but I got sunburned this week. Cheers from sunny CA. To all my shivering brothers...think warm thoughts. roverman.
Kelly wrote: [Glad I downsized, sold my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag. (8 3/8") and kept the 38 Cal. snub. I can really annoy someone now rather than end their life! That is only IF I can find Ammo :)]
Kelly,if you wanted to do MUCH more than annoy someone you could get a Glock 9mm and this magazine for it but I see that they are sold out at $390.00. :~))
GlockMagazine.jpg
Thanks Phil, I HID my P-85 Ruger 15 yrs ago and still have not located the hiding place. perhaps I will discover it when we move. anyone got a St Anthony's medal to loan? Damn. I must have really hid it well :)
I downsized to a nice little Bersa 380. Surprisingly accurate, easy to shoot, compact, light, and it'll annoy the heck out of anyone fool enough to need it. Should be just about right.
Jim
QuoteI downsized to a nice little Bersa 380. Surprisingly accurate, easy to shoot, compact, light, and it'll annoy the heck out of anyone fool enough to need it. Should be just about right.
Jim
\\
Ha! I picked up a slightly used Bersa Firestorm 380 recently. Great little gun for the money. My dad used it at the range, while I use my friend's 38 Special. I want a Firestorm 22 to practice with. Essentially the same gun smaller bore. Ammo is waaay too expensive!
What did you get, Jim, a Bersa Thunder 380? Same gun except for the trigger guard, grips, & sights. The rest of the parts interchange with my Firestorm.
I just don't need a cannon. The arthritis at the base of my thumb wouldn't like it anyway. I always wanted a Walther PPK, so I couldn't pass up a good, $250 copy of one.
I hadn't really paid attention Carl, but it is the Thunder380. Fits my hand very comfortably, I like the pinky grip in the magazine and the windage adjustment on the rear sight is a nice touch. A buddy recommended it and I traded a very heavy, bulky, and innacurate (though fairly new) .45 for it. The old one was near useless but this one I like.
Jim
I can't see or shoot worth a darn...that's why I'm getting the Judge, a revolver that shoots .410 shells...all I have to do is close my eyes and squeeze and whatever is in the way will go down...I still have the 1911 .45 that my mom gave to my dad before he went into WWII and a German 9mm from the war...rarely shoot them...
I used to do a lot of handgun shooting for sport and some competetive shooting but got rid of all my pistols and revolvers (six of them) a long time ago. I cut my long gun collection down from 37 to 10, keeping those with a family or emotional attachment. Don't do much target shooting anymore unless I'm visting my youngest son who was part of an ERT group with the RCMP. Used to be able get access to some interesting weapons!
Here's some really twisted handgun humour.................
BerettaJetfire.jpg
" Fast is Fine"
"Accurate is Final"
Wyatt Earp
Just laid my money down on a Taurus 9mm slim - now I have to wait for Colorado's "Instant Check" - about 15 days.