Watch at 0:30:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IvFnYJa7Dg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Where the heck did you unearth this at? Darn cool, I'd say.
Because V6's were not around then? mmmm that makes the V6 new tech LOL
This is my 427 4 speed 1940 Ford, well gone for about 20 years.
That is my ex wife and my son who is now 38 years old. the 40 ran at San Fernando drag strip, Lions, Palmdale, Bakersfield and a couple of times at the Pomona drag strip. I also had hair.
That video sure brought memories, thanks.
My40002.jpg
Bet you wish you had the '40 back now.
Big yes Jim, but not the ex-wife LOL
A time when drag racing was actually fun.
"Run watcha brung"
Bill, I ran my 46' Dodge Business coupe at Lions, in 66'? I was seventeen. Life was much simpler then. Thanks for the story. roverman.
1966 I was attending Marina High school in Huntington Beach and I had a 55 light pink and black (stock colors) Plymouth later painted blue by Earl S..........$29.95 paint job.
Where did you go to school Art.
Anaheim High-Go Colonist !The story we heard, "Earl" used house paint,(why he had to bake it)/lol. We were mostly a Mopar family, hence the 56' dodge Red Ram drive train, in my 50' Stude PU .It's all a blurr, to me now. Cheers, roverman.
Marina High School Huntington Beach last three years of high school.
Raced a few on Colorado street Santa Ana .
Those were the daze-stoplite GP's everywhere ! Harbor bivd. all the way to Whitier blvd ! No ricers/drifters, roverman.
Hwy 39 !!!! harbor boulevard cruise all the way to the Pier. and Pacific Coast to Newport and Balboa peninsula.
Drive to El Segundo and race on gasoline alley, home of the famous Old Yeller North Hollywood Motors.
Memory lane.-----------------------I want to go back :-)
Went to La Habra High and made many a trip down Hwy 39 to Huntington and Newport in the early 60's. Had a '54 Ford with a 352 and a 3 spd Lincoln trans.
All you California guys thought you had it made. The real action was on Woodward Ave in Michigan!!
From 10 Mile road to Square Lake road - four lanes with perfect pavement!! Every muscle car you could imagine!
That's where I saw the Bugeyed Sprite with the SBC 327 and started the dream!!!
Yes, those were the daze Bill! PS the suspensions are working out great!
Ah Woodward...
Telegraph was my run. 1 mile runs between the stop lights, 8 mile south, 7 mile, 6, 5, all the way through Taylor to Dearborn... Head over to to see the Ford Motor glass house, my girlfriend thought it was so cool... I was just looking for a race. And another...and...
Detroit Dragway, Sibley at Dix! SUNDAY! See the Michigan Mad Man drive a motorcycle with twin V-8's! SUNDAY!
But even growing up in Motown with huge motors everywhere it was those darn little British cars that really grabbed my attention.
Hence my affinity for MG's with big motors I guess.
This is better than therapy. :)
Sunday - Sunday - Sunday !!!! Be there - Motor City Dragway - Sibley at Dix!!!! I will never forget it!!!