BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: kstevusa on December 31, 2012, 04:03:38 PM

Title: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: kstevusa on December 31, 2012, 04:03:38 PM
The gathering would be similar to the one in Shreveport on the nite prior to driving on to Omaha.  Possibly the Stop-over in St. Joseph, Mo?  The trip on Sunday would be 3-4 hours. and easy caravan from this city.  Any other suggestions , let us know please.   Maybe this is further out enough so the Softball Would Series would not claim all the rooms.  If enough interest, we will ck and see what is available.
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: ex-tyke on January 02, 2013, 05:32:20 PM
Kelly, I see that you are getting overwhelmed with responses - maybe it's too early for commitments from most folks.
Personally, I will be going to Omaha, however St. Joseph's is a little out of the way, so I'll reserve judgement 'til I know more of the travel schedule.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: kstevusa on January 02, 2013, 07:13:20 PM
Thanks Graham,  This was just a "Trial Balloon" to see if interest existed.  The Hotel doesn't just happen w/o some prior effort.   St. Joe isn't too far off I-80 and located on I-29 from KC.  Most of the SE area would probably use I-70 and I-29.  We'd love to have you down & over.  :)
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mowog1 on January 02, 2013, 08:22:34 PM
I looked at the trek from St.Joseph, IL to St.Joseph, MO to Omaha, NE on Streets & Trips....it is very doable for me....and it's only 24 miles longer to take this route than the route that I had originally planned on taking (I-74 to I-80).

Let me know if you need help setting this up.

StreetsandTripsSt.JoetoSt.JoetoOmaha.jpg

And....THANKS!

Guys.....we had a BLAST in Shreveport last year for our "pre-ignition party" for BritishV8 2012 in Palestine, TX...

Don't miss out on this opportunity!
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mowog1 on January 02, 2013, 08:29:40 PM
For Graham to hit St. Joseph, MO for the pre-ignition party, it would add about 180 miles to his trip.

I think he and Gordie could hande this.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: rficalora on January 02, 2013, 11:27:23 PM
Looks like that'd only add about an hour and a half to my trip; count me in.  Not sure if I'll do the entire 1st leg in one day or add a day to my trip up there.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: Citron on January 04, 2013, 07:53:59 AM
That sounds like a good idea to me.  Margaret and I should be able to do that,
Let me know when you get more info.

Steve
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mgbreis on January 04, 2013, 10:47:48 AM
St. Joe is actually right on I-29 and there are decent hotels right off the main exit. It's probably no more than 2 hours from St. Joe to Omaha. It still blows my mind this is all going down so close to where I live! I'm looking forward to seeing Kelly again and meeting some of you for the first time!
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: MGBV8 on January 04, 2013, 08:12:48 PM
Well shucks, I had my half way stop-over planned for St.Joseph, IL.  ;)
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mowog1 on January 04, 2013, 09:19:17 PM
You still can, Carl.

See the map in my post above.

You are more than welcome.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on January 09, 2013, 07:03:27 PM
Id like to get in on this excursion! The plan was to run I-80 straight in,but a detour could be fun.  
Mike
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: kstevusa on January 09, 2013, 07:42:43 PM
Well, seems there may be adequate interest in a WARM-UP!  We will contact the St. Joe Vistor Bureau and Chamber of Commerce for a contact person at several hotels.  Capt'n Morgonne, check with some of the Shreveport attendees, they can verify "THE DETOUR" was worth it. Several dropped down from I 40 to visit with us.   The hotel courtsey van took us to a Spirits Store and George DIckel was the  score. :)
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on January 09, 2013, 07:57:31 PM
I'd like to, but it's still too early to tell.

Jim
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: ex-tyke on January 09, 2013, 10:11:07 PM
Right now, count me 'on the fence', but I might be swayed with offers of free beer.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: MGBV8 on January 10, 2013, 05:47:12 AM
Graham, you are just too easy!  :)
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mowog1 on January 10, 2013, 11:10:27 AM
Graham...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.  You know that.  :)
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: cruiseman on January 10, 2013, 01:41:36 PM
Graham,

I'll buy the first round for you and Gord.
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: ex-tyke on January 10, 2013, 01:58:20 PM
QuoteI'll buy the first round for you and Gord
Damn, might have to take you up on that, Richard. I assume that you'll be part of the Stevenson/Woodley team again.
Now, if I could only weasel an overnight stay at Chateau Ingram.......
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: mowog1 on January 11, 2013, 02:21:17 AM
That's no problem, Graham, as long as it's OK with SWMBO!
Title: Re: Any interest in a Warm-up gathering prior to V8 meet in Omaha?
Post by: RMO 699F on January 11, 2013, 08:42:23 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed....sounds like an advocate of Rumpole of The Bailey....