BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on November 03, 2007, 12:37:55 PM

Title: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Moderator on November 03, 2007, 12:37:55 PM
Last night I added this car to the Photo Gallery section:
"Chris Falla's 1968 MGB with Turbocharged Ford Cosworth 2.0L Engine"
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/ChrisFalla.htm

teaser / preview:
ChrisFalla-C.jpg
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Simon Austin on November 03, 2007, 12:43:15 PM
Is that the UK car that was in MG World some time back?  Beautiful conversion and I think it's up for sale.
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Moderator on November 03, 2007, 01:11:57 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. Pretty car, huh?
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Simon Austin on November 03, 2007, 10:05:19 PM
Absolutely!  I can't remember what the asking price was.  I'll have to dig out the magazine to get the story on it again.
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: MG four six eight on November 03, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
Nice car, looks well thought out!
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Moderator on November 04, 2007, 12:26:16 PM
I just added another beautiful car!

"John Hubbard's 1957 MGA with Rover 3.9L Aluminum V8 Engine"

Here's the link:  http://www.britishv8.org/MG/JohnHubbard.htm

I didn't find contact info for John Hubbard... (someone just sent me the photos).

If anyone can get me in touch with him, I'd be very happy to add additional photos and a proper "How It Was Done" write-up.

JohnHubbard-A.JPG
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Mr. T on November 05, 2007, 09:46:28 AM
Ahh....Nice eye candy Curtis - my sweet tooth aches.   Love the B/R engines for the mg but, that Cosworth just looks cool and screaming up to 7,000+ rpm has got be addicting!
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Simon Austin on November 09, 2007, 02:11:43 AM
The Cosworth MGB is featured in the December issue of MG Enthusiast magazine.  It is up for sale but no price listed in the article.
Title: Re: New to the Photo Gallery!
Post by: Moderator on November 09, 2007, 08:46:04 PM
Here's tonight's addition to the gallery!

Jack Pease's MGB 5.0, as built by Pete Mantell:
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/JackPease.htm

The gallery page includes lots of great construction photos... I'll come back very soon and add captions.

A "How It Was Done" write-up is planned for the December newsletter issue.

(teaser)
JackPease-E.jpg