BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Kurt on October 09, 2012, 10:20:04 AM

Title: Daimler sp250
Post by: Kurt on October 09, 2012, 10:20:04 AM
Hi Everyone, my name is Kurt and I am from Belleville IL USA. I bought a 1960 Daimler SP250 as a project car. Most of the parts came in baskets. My original thoughts were to restore it and make it kind of a street racer. The project has taken a life of its own with so many mods its crazy. I'll be posting on the projects part and thought some of you kind folks may have some ideas as we get further down the road. Some of the mods: twin turbos, coil over front shocks, mustang 2 front end, rack & pinion, Ford 9" rear with 388 gears, tremec t5 transmission. Wish me luck,
Kurt
Title: Re: Daimler sp250
Post by: Moderator on October 09, 2012, 10:42:57 AM
Welcome to BritishV8, Kurt!

We can't get enough of the little Daimler V8. Good luck with your project. Sounds very exciting.

The only spec that raised my eyebrow was that you're planning on a nine inch Ford. IMHO, it's probably too much axle for a lightweight car, and one with less unsprung weight (Ford 8" for example) would give you better handling and certainly better ride quality.  

I can't wait to see your Project Journal. Post lots of photos!

I'm just about ready to upload another SP250 to our sister website, BritishRacecar.com. I'll attach two preview snapshots below...

Regards,
Curtis




LarryLigas-Daimler-SP250-BB.jpg

LarryLigas-Daimler-SP250-ED.jpg
Title: Re: Daimler sp250
Post by: Kurt on October 15, 2012, 12:58:43 PM
Hi Curtis, I have the 9" already cut to the proper length, it may be an issue going forward but I had the 3:88 gears for a 9" so that's why I went that way. Were adding some weight to the front with the turbos and plumbing so I am hoping to balance it out.
Thanks so much for the comment!
The pictures of the SP look cool, a lot of carbueration!
Kurt