BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Icekottarinn on September 29, 2012, 07:14:46 PM

Title: Half shafts for Spitfire Mk3?
Post by: Icekottarinn on September 29, 2012, 07:14:46 PM
I am looking for half shafts/rear axles  for my Triumph Spitfire Mk3 1968? New or used, std or stronger type.
- It seems mine are bended....

Can anyone recommend what to buy and  "Best buy?"

Thanks,
Sigurjon
Title: Re: Half shafts for Spitfire Mk3?
Post by: rficalora on September 30, 2012, 07:09:44 PM
If you can't find what you need, check with "The Drive Shaft Shop" in Salisbury, NC.  They do both u-joint style and CV 1/2 shafts.  I had a pair of custom half shafts made to connect my S10 hubs to Nissan differential.  They were great to work with and very helpful in getting the right measurements.  I worked with a guy named Frank there.
Title: Re: Half shafts for Spitfire Mk3?
Post by: Bill Young on October 01, 2012, 10:15:05 AM
Sigurjon, try doing a search on the internet for racing axles spitifre. I did that and found this site which might have what you need.
http://www.chequeredflagracing.net/Custom_Parts.php  Should be others as well as Spitfires are raced quite a bit here in the US.
Title: Re: Half shafts for Spitfire Mk3?
Post by: jazfe on December 06, 2012, 01:45:29 AM
http://www.britishautoworks.com/

These guys will have what you need and ship worldwide.