BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on September 29, 2012, 12:22:00 PM

Title: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: Moderator on September 29, 2012, 12:22:00 PM
I've registered a new domain name and set it up to echo this forum.

You can now visit and use the BritishV8 message board without "V8" ever appearing in your browser's address bar.

Give it a try!  www.BritishHotrod.com (http://www.britishhotrod.com/)

Comment below.
Title: Re: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: Bill Young on September 29, 2012, 12:27:13 PM
Nice Curtis, but for one I've never been put off  by using the V8 as I understand it stems from our founding days and doesn't restrict those with V6, I6, I4, or rotary engines from the mix.
Title: Re: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: Preform Resources on September 29, 2012, 06:13:34 PM
Curtis, I concur with bill on that one.
Dave
Title: Re: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: Moderator on September 29, 2012, 07:10:37 PM
I was surprised to discover BritishHotrod was available. I've put a lot of work into promoting "BritishV8" as a brand name, so I'm certainly not planning to abandon it even though a different name might seem more inclusive. After registering the new domain name, setting up a re-direct didn't cost one penny extra. Maybe someday I'll think of an even better use for the BritishHotrod domain name.

When you hear "British Hotrod", do you think of a sportscar or something more along these lines?

(http://www.britishv8.org/Other/Dave/anglia1.jpg)
(Ford Anglia with Chevy 427)
Title: Re: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: mowog1 on September 29, 2012, 11:54:03 PM
I obviously have no comment.
Title: Re: For those of you who prefer four or six cylinder conversions...
Post by: rficalora on September 30, 2012, 10:09:38 PM
I definitely think the label "British Hotrod" will resonate with folks building/owning/racing cars like the one pictured above.  Sure, anyone who remembers the original British V8 Newsletter & it's evolution will feel welcome here whether V8, V6, or swapped  I4.  But folks just searching the internet might easily skip over the BV8 site and never learn how inclusive a group this is so this new domain name might just bring some interesting additions.