Check out the widened Alpine:
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CJ1wy3nRnbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Picture must have been taken at night.
:)
Huh, it's a Youtube video that shows up fine for me. Here's the URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1wy3nRnbU
Looks great to me... but his 88 Audi windshield looks cracked. Hope that doesn't happen to Jim's!
Wow. Paging Curtis. His name is John Wheeler.
Act quick. It's for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-off-61-Sunbeam-Alpine-Direct-port-NOS-Turbocharged-2-0-Zetec-Tiger-killer-/140844871097?forcev4exp=true
He has a lot of the build over on the sunbeam forum with links to his pictures if you want to check it out. You have to go back pretty far since he hasn't posted on there in a very long time.
I just took a look at the British Pub for the first time and saw my name. That Sunbeam has some nice workmanship in it. I looked through the Roots section in the forum but couldn't find anything. Could someone provide me a link to his build?
Thanks
Jim, Robbie meant that it's over on the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America (SAOCA) site. Here's link to one of his threads: http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10792&page=2
You can search his user name AFSSANDERS to find a number of other threads on the car.... BUT.... it appears most of his pics were supported by a site that he no longer uses. Bummer. I remember following a lot of his build and it was truly impressive. He's one of those guys (kind of like Jim Stabe, for example) who operates on a whole different plane of existence than me when it comes to fabrication.
I like the car a lot but there are aspects of that I'd change for personal taste. But that is what I like SOO much about these kinds of cars. The cars themselves are such a demonstration of the builder's tastes and imaginations. Anyway, cool car.