I have found a conversion for my Ford 7.5 diff - to change from drum brakes to disc. I am doing this for the E barke conversion. It's time I get an E Brake, and I am often nervous without one. I am thinking I saw on this board that someone had mounted the E brake handle on top of the tranny tunnnel back towards the rear "seat" and run the cables through.
I picked up the Mustang E Brake handle while I was in the boneyard while I picked up the brackets for the rear Mustang ('94 -'04)calipers. Is it better to use the complete Mustang system, or perhaps use the stock MGB brake handle? I have a large diameter driveshaft, so room is limited inside the tranny tunnel, so that is my rationale for going on top of the tunnel. Can I use the stock Mustang brake cables, the entire Mustang cable system? I am thinking they would have to be shortened to work with my idea of the handle being moved back towards the rear diff.
I did a search on this forum and read lots of posts but can't seem to find a related post.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad
Fast Cars conversions do the E brake you describe. Look at Dan Masters "how it was done". Are you doing the Mustang disc conversion described on the Ranger site?
Yes, I think it is from the Ranger site. Thanks,
I will look at Dan's "How it was done."
Brad
Brad, I'm using the stock rear drum brakes and stock E-brake with a drive shaft from a Camaro with a custom rear flange to fit the MGB rearend. You're right, there isn't a lot of clearance in the tunnel so I re-routed the E-brake cable as shown in these photos. haven't had an issue in 2 years of driving.
DSC03429.JPG
DSC03430.JPG
Driveshaft01.jpg