BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Icekottarinn on July 26, 2012, 05:27:07 PM

Title: What torque can the diff take? Best swap?
Post by: Icekottarinn on July 26, 2012, 05:27:07 PM
I am modifying my Spitfire Mk3 to a Hayabusa version.
I have not yet started driving (hopefully very soon), but I am told the diff is not very strong. The Hayabusa motor is 170-180 hp and 130 Nm, will the diff be okay with this torque?
What options do I have IF I need a stronger diff? (Sorry for asking but I cant find the search option in this forum)
I know I can get stronger axles, but will that be enough?

Some say I can use the std diff, but I just want to do some research.....

...thanks
Title: Re: What torque can the diff take? Best swap?
Post by: mgb260 on July 26, 2012, 06:51:51 PM
Check out the Toyota IRS option. Use the Google search bar under the British V8 title.