BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 22, 2012, 02:44:05 PM

Title: Mike Maloney
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 22, 2012, 02:44:05 PM
I talked to Mike today. He is in good spirits and happy to be back home resting, with his new pacemaker happily ticking along. Seems his most recent hospital "vacation" was something of an ordeal and not particularly restful. Go figure. Just when he was packing to go home after a short stay wouldn't you know they found something else that just had to be worked on. I know some mechanics like that. Anyway he is very happy to be home and Kay is taking good care of him of course. Good to know he is doing better so I thought I would pass it along.

Jim
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: lawnvett on July 22, 2012, 06:57:15 PM
Glad to hear he's doing okay , I hate to spend time in the hospital.
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: MGBV8 on July 22, 2012, 09:28:40 PM
Great news that Mike is on the mend & back home!  Home is good.  Hospitals are good if you really, really need one, but they are no place try to get any rest.
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: mowog1 on July 23, 2012, 03:11:48 AM
Great news!
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: ex-tyke on July 23, 2012, 12:26:06 PM
I personally believe that Mike's health was a direct result of undue stress contributed by Rick's high pressure sales techniques at the British V8 auctions.
BritishV8auction-2009.jpg

Sure hope El Pez gets to receive more sales abuse in Omaha.
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: britcars on July 23, 2012, 02:50:11 PM
Good to hear that Mike is doing well.  Anyone know what brand of pacemaker.....Pertronix, Crane, Accel?
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: RMO 699F on July 24, 2012, 02:53:24 PM
Hi all, well I am at home on the mend. Had twelve days in hospital and had a St. Jude pacemaker/defib installed last Friday. I wanted a Crane but they said they had a history of getting metal chips in the logic (for you Graham) I go back in a few weeks and have a stent placed in an artery (overnight stay only) and that takes care of the entire problem, God willing. I am holding Ingram responsible for this problem, as I am sure my health poblems have nothing to do with my mispent youth and a life time of irresponsible food and alcohol consumption. Thanks to all for your concern!
el pez
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: danmas on July 24, 2012, 03:04:18 PM
Mike,

A mispent youth is a well spent youth!  Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take care of yourself, and we want to see you here in Townsend in October (you used your heart problems as an excuse for not coming in 2008 - you can't use that excuse twice!)
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: ex-tyke on July 24, 2012, 03:10:21 PM
Good to hear that things are on the mend.and that you haven't lost your sense of humour.
That ticker of yours should be good for another 500, 000 miles......
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: kstevusa on July 24, 2012, 04:21:49 PM
I invoked the healing power of George DIckel on behalf of El Prez.  we corresponded by e-mail several times and once I advised the Dickel potion was being invoked, he made a tunraround and was on the mend! :)   Great news and hope the ticker is tuned to the Dickel frequency.   "Water is for bath'in, Dicekl is for drink'in"
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on July 24, 2012, 09:11:05 PM
Here,Here!! A toast to el pez! Get well soon.See you in October!  Capt'n
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: Spitfire 350 on July 26, 2012, 08:49:53 AM
Hey Mike,
I have a couple of spare fuel pumps that we might be able to rig up on you.
Good luck with the healing process!!!
Phil
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: HealeyRick on July 26, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
"Anyone know what brand of pacemaker.....Pertronix, Crane, Accel?"

Anything but Lucas!!!!!

Get well soon, Mike
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: rficalora on July 26, 2012, 10:22:23 PM
Great to hear you're home Mike.  

Phil, that won't work.  He needs one that won't run out mid way.
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: kstevusa on July 27, 2012, 07:03:04 AM
OOH!  :)
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: harv8 on July 29, 2012, 11:18:41 AM
Wishing you All the Best Mike!

Martyn and Carol
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: ex-tyke on July 30, 2012, 03:28:14 PM
Stopped in at D&D today and had lunch with Dan - he shared with me the fact that he had the same operation (pacemaker/defib) as Mike just last week. Says he feels better now than he has in the last 6 months.
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: Preform Resources on July 31, 2012, 03:51:09 PM
Mike, this is good to hear, the stint deal should be no problemo, maybe  go out afterwards and find yourself another Arkley!!
Dave
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: kayakjack on August 01, 2012, 08:58:49 PM
Hey, Mike,  Don't worry about getting a Crane pacemaker.  I'm sure Jim Blackwood can reprogram your
St. Jude to get a few more HP out of it !     I'm glad to hear that you're doing well !
Jack
Title: Re: Mike Maloney
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on August 01, 2012, 10:31:54 PM
(Famous quote):
"So I REWIRED the sucker!"
(Tool Time)

Jim