BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: DiDueColpi on July 17, 2012, 10:31:38 PM

Title: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: DiDueColpi on July 17, 2012, 10:31:38 PM
You go away for a bit and this forum explodes!
It's going to take weeks to catch up to all the posts.
It is a little disappointing to see the world continue to spin without me though.
The Lovely Lynne said that would happen but I said no.
Oh well, I'll go back to my own reality and forge ahead.
Have to shrink some of these files down, but here's a start.
monaco003.jpg
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: rficalora on July 18, 2012, 01:02:25 AM
Welcome back Fred; looking forward to some interesting stories.

What's going on in that pic - the crowd doesn't show any signs  of surprise.  The guy in the middle with his face in his hands even looks bored?
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: DiDueColpi on July 18, 2012, 02:54:56 AM
This guy overcooked it right into a retaining wall. The wall that he stuffed it into had a big screen on it along with a camera so you could watch him drive right into it. I was sitting in the marina and the car was craned out over the water to get the race back underway. The crowd was a little jaded by then as they just had a big fire on the pit lane so the crash was a bit anticlimactic.
That silver van is on the pit lane just before the start finish line. Right after this the pits were closed to non essential personnel and all of these people got the boot. And so long to my pit pass as well.
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 18, 2012, 10:28:56 AM
Lovely photo Fred. A little hard to drive with the wheels pointed both ways though I suppose. Makes my back hurt just thinking about the landing.

Welcome back. Think we had a pool going... well, you'll se the thread eventually.

Jim
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: Dan B on July 18, 2012, 10:44:29 AM
I like the purple straps.
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: roverman on July 18, 2012, 02:14:19 PM
Fred, Forget all that, Where's "our" 180 crank ? Wellcome back- if you brought it,. Cheers, roverman.
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: DiDueColpi on July 18, 2012, 09:15:06 PM
Funny thing about that crank Art.
Once the guy figured out that I was really coming to see it, he was always 350 or more kilometers away from where I was.
We put over 5000 kms on the rental car and were never near him. Hmmmm.
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!! Is that a Model "T" crank ?
Post by: roverman on July 19, 2012, 11:05:10 AM
What some people will say, for 15 sec's of fame. Plan "B" ? Onward, roverman.
Title: Re: Holy Cow!!!
Post by: rficalora on July 19, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
I get it now.  Couldn't see the chain or strap/bar when I saw the picture on my phone.