BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: donfaber on June 25, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

Title: Alternate steering rack boot
Post by: donfaber on June 25, 2012, 02:02:03 PM
Having owned MG's for over 30 years now, I'm about to replace steering rack boots on my 72 GT. I'm sure many on this sight are not satisfied with (poor) longevity of these parts - has anyone found a good alternative?
Title: Re: Alternate steering rack boot
Post by: mgb260 on June 25, 2012, 02:48:47 PM
I think the NAPA ones are better quality. A few have used the 4X4 colored shock boots.
Title: Re: Alternate steering rack boot
Post by: Moderator on June 25, 2012, 03:30:57 PM
I haven't had a problem with stock. Maybe it's a VB vs. Moss thing? (Moss seems to do better with rubber parts, generally.)
Title: Re: Alternate steering rack boot
Post by: donfaber on June 25, 2012, 05:25:42 PM
Hmm - could be. I''ve always chased low price on these. Will pay attention and see how Moss parts last. Thanks, Curtis!