BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: triumphtr2 on June 24, 2012, 10:06:03 PM

Title: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on June 24, 2012, 10:06:03 PM
Has anybody heard from Fred Key since he went to Monaco for the FI race? That was three races ago  andI thought we would get a rundown on his trip. I PM'd him afew days ago but no response.Is he still travelling in Europe os something? Just wondering. Tim
Title: Re: Fred Key, where are you ?
Post by: roverman on June 25, 2012, 06:40:21 PM
Maybe he got stuck in Customs- trying to "sneak" that Rover 180 crank, on the plane ? Fred, Dui you Colpi ?  roverman.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: rficalora on June 25, 2012, 07:25:58 PM
Art, your witty comments make me laugh pretty often.  That was a good one.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on June 25, 2012, 08:45:11 PM
Art. That was pretty good but  seriously, where is he?He must have a job or did he win the lottery and he's on vacation for an extented period? After the Monaco race I expexted him to log on and give us all the good news hot off the press so to speak. Dont mean to make  a mountain out of a mole hill but I miss his expert contributions Tim
Title: Re: Fred Key ? are you ?
Post by: roverman on June 26, 2012, 01:57:36 PM
Tim, what are WE...chopped liver ? Forget him-he didn't "invite" us/lol. We "might" be children of a lesser god, but we still get by. Come home Fred !  roverman.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on June 26, 2012, 09:04:12 PM
Sorry Art. Didnt mean to put you down. I know your up there too. Half the time I have to call my mechanic to fill me in on what you said. lol. Anyway hope to hear from Fred when he shows up. Tim PS How many project are you working on right now? Seems like dozens.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: Bill Young on June 26, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Rumour is that he was hired by Denbeigh Ltd to design their new F1 car using the Buick/Rover V8 for power and his secret 180 degree crank. Since his work is all hush hush and also that Denbeigh has never felt the modern electronic communications are all that important (a telegram delivered by a boy on a bicycle is suffiicient for them) he is unable to ijnform us of his actions.

(For those of you younger lads who don't know what the Denbeigh Motor Car Ltd is consult old issues of Car and Driver magazine.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: roverman on June 27, 2012, 11:12:25 AM
I just hope some Dieusbeigh didn't intercept that boy on a bike, with that letter from Denbeigh. Further fuel to the story,the F1 seat is said to be designed/sponsored by the "Burrito Bandits", with strategic ventilation port, for stealth passing manuvers. I can't help but think, Fred's eyes are misty with joy, about now. Watch out for that passing gear Fred..................roverman.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on June 27, 2012, 08:23:07 PM
Wow! Secret espianage stuff! I wont tell anybody if you dont.Hey Art, How does a 180 degree crankshaft work?Most of them just go around 360 degrees, does this one go back and forth like an old wringer washing machine? lol And dont tell me it does. Tim
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: roverman on June 28, 2012, 11:21:45 AM
If only for the wisdom of others, Hit and Miss motor. Spark advance and carbon build-up determine the "flopper" direction,(ac/dc crank). Similar to a Model T crank with 4 more cylinders, along for the ride. Beyond Ricardo (RIP).  roverman.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: HealeyRick on June 28, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
I can't imagine there would be anything for Fred to stick around for after the race was over:

(http://i45.tinypic.com/2mht260.jpg)
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on June 28, 2012, 09:07:34 PM
Art,,, I'll have to talk to my mechanic about that.Rick,,, Nice picture.. did you take it yourself? Tim
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: HealeyRick on July 01, 2012, 03:51:58 PM
Tim,  

I Wish !!!!!!  The Monaco F1  is on my bucket list as well.  If someone figures out a time machine, beam me back to the the F1 circuit  from the late '50s to the early '70s.  I'd be quite happy with a mini-skirted lap-timer from 1969.  Hopefully, Fred has stumbled upon a place where those girls are forever twenty years old.
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on July 01, 2012, 10:23:51 PM
Ya Rick that would be nice to see  Jimmy Clark in his Lotus going round Monaco. Hows your Exploder running, saw the video several times and it was a real treat since I followed your conversion and had a lot of good laughs doing so. Tim
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: HealeyRick on July 02, 2012, 03:31:57 PM
Tim,

I'm working through the list of the last 10% of things that need to be rectified after a swap.  I just spent the past week fitting an auxiliary electric fan to hopefully help the cooling at low speeds.  It was a real adventure  as there's not a lot of clearance available.  I hope this takes care of it, otherwise I'll have to look at an alternative radiator.  I also needed to replace the pinion seal, which I really enjoyed removing the driveshaft that I just installed.  Otherwise, it goes great and I get a big smile every time I hit the starter button.

Rick
Title: Re: Fred Key
Post by: triumphtr2 on July 02, 2012, 07:05:06 PM
Hi Rick. Good for youhope it all works out and enjoy the driving. See you Tim