BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Bill Young on May 29, 2012, 11:30:13 AM

Title: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 29, 2012, 11:30:13 AM
Yes, I included the V6s this time, we're actually seening quite a few these days.
For those of you that didn't get the latest on next year's meet, here are a few of the planned activities.
Track time on the road course at Mid America Motorplex! Similar to Indy, but much more wide open and good run off areas.
Autocross so that we all can again test our skills against Carl ! LOL
Visit to the Smith Collection and Museum, Lincoln, Nebraska and Speedway Automotive Parts.
Tech session with sample cars from Shell Valley Kit Cars, Cobras and Jag C types are two of their styles.
Tour of sports car restoration and race prep shop.
Go Kart racing, indoor track.
Possible visit to SAC museum.
Other activities for the ladies, yet to be determined.

For those travelling by way of KC, the Heartland MG Regional show is the Saturday before and a great event, would make a nice break in your travels as well.

Anyway that is the plan for now, hope to be able to fill in a few more blanks this fall and have a lot more details.
Still working on a logo for the event, anyone with any artistic ability, we'd be glad to see your ideas.
So far I'm thinking of trying to combine the old Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom logo with our V8s. Omaha's Wild V8 Kingdom.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Barney on May 29, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
Bill,
Do you have dates yet ?   I'm there, can't wait

Steve
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 29, 2012, 04:01:50 PM
Tentative dates will be June 10-11-12 that's a Monday through Wednesday. Might have to shift to 12-13-14 to accomodate MAM, but don't think so at this time. We'll have firm dates in the fall for sure.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 30, 2012, 03:55:01 PM
What's the interest in having more Dyno runs in Omaha? If there are enough people interested I'll look into setting something up for you. I also have a set of race scales so we can weigh cars if we want. Might not take a big Jag sedan though, limited to 1100 pounds per pad.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on May 30, 2012, 06:30:58 PM
Scales are great.  Dyno runs are good too -- I wonder if we could incorporate some Dyno tuning sessions rather than just WOT runs.  Maybe even arrange to have some jets & other parts to make changes... ok, I know I'm asking a lot.  Maybe a mix of WOT & Cruise mode runs?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on May 30, 2012, 08:34:36 PM
Maybe I'll know how to work my o2 meter by then.  :)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 01, 2012, 06:13:51 PM
I would definitely donate $ to get (& adjust) corner weights before a track session or before Carl beats me on the autocross course. I would probably do the dyno again too. I'll bring my Holley jets and power valves too.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on June 03, 2012, 10:45:19 AM
Phil, just bring the right fuel pump!  I'll bring the scales then, defintely something we could do at the motel in the evening I'd think If I can leave the Irish alone long enough to read the scales!  ;-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 03, 2012, 11:43:00 AM
Level parking lot would be good.  ;)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 03, 2012, 06:30:39 PM
It's Nebraska, everything is level...
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 03, 2012, 08:51:46 PM
Right.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: wkube on June 06, 2012, 01:47:35 PM
I'm certainly planning on being there.  Scales and dyno runs are a bonus!  Maybe Carrick will have his linkage set to enable full throttle by then.....
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mgbreis on June 06, 2012, 05:31:40 PM
C'mon now, Omaha's not THAT level! Kudos to Bill, I think the planned activities sound great. The Speedway museum is reportedly fantastic, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been. And don't forget to bring your parts list as their parts counter is a fun way to save shipping costs.

If there is time and anyone is looking for something to do, the SAC museum is amazing if you like military planes (who doesn't?) and the Henry Doorly Zoo was just rated the top zoo in the country. Also for any baseball junkies the College World Series starts June 15th, probably want to be out of town by then unless you want to stay for a game or two. On that topic, I would venture a guess that you'll want to reserve your hotel room early as the CWS brings tons of people to town and some probably come early. There's also a huge little league tournament in town around the same time.

Now, back to work on the Hillman so I actually have something to drive to this event....
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 06, 2012, 06:17:18 PM
No, actually Omaha isn't level at all on account of its on the river. Lovely city. My drive across Nebraska for 360 miles to get to Omaha will seem pretty level though, especially until Lincoln. I'll just keep telling myself that it's really a long downhill run. (Works one way, anyhow.)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 06, 2012, 09:39:58 PM
We drove through Omaha on our way home from MG2011 last June.

The College World Series was underway.

There wasn't a hotel room to be found within an hour of Omaha...and the one that we found was $$$.

So....take advantage of the hotel room block that Bill will have arranged for this event!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on June 14, 2012, 08:24:04 AM
Phil Leonard's RV8 raced at MAM a couple of weeks ago and Scott has posted video of the race. You can see how wide open the track is, no walls to hit or anything like that so we should have some good safe fun there.
Check the post on the Race Cars and Motorsports forum.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BMC on June 15, 2012, 09:02:31 PM
Wow guys. I've been quite out of the loop for a while only to pop in here and see the plans for next door to us again. Pending the Real Boss' approval, I'm there.

-BMC.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 22, 2012, 09:17:45 AM
I'm in Lincoln at the moment, with my MG. Apparently I made a bad decision the other day about which gasoline to buy. I should have known something was wrong when the high octane gas here was cheaper than the low and mid grades. Bought some, and it's percolating like crazy. VERY, VERY rough at idle and at off-throttle. Hopefully that will clear up in one or two hundred miles when I use this tankful up. Wishing I had fuel injection already...
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 22, 2012, 03:48:04 PM
Bet you miss your road crew, huh?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 22, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
Yes!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Barney on June 25, 2012, 02:38:35 PM
LOL!!!   Thanks, Wayne
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 30, 2012, 08:28:35 AM
QuoteMaybe Carrick will have his linkage set to enable full throttle by then.....

That was by design, Wayne.  He's gettin' too old for full throttle.   ;)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on September 27, 2012, 12:12:42 AM
Update, September 26, 2012
After three days in Omaha I think that we have a host hotel nailed down, still negotiating on some room rates but hope we can get a bit more of a discount for the last night. Hampton inn as in Palestine. Location near a lot of restaurants for us to try and fairly convient to the highways to get to both the race track, kart track, and Lincoln for the Speedway Museum. Still trying to get a shop tour of a local race shop, they were still out of town with their customers after the SCCA run offs. We'll get more information posted as soon as we get contracts in place, but we already have the indoor karting signed up for a solid three hour session all to ourselves. Hope we can get some of the great teams from Indy back together for some racing again.
The road course at Mid American Motorplex is great, very flat with almost nothing to run into if you somehow get off the track except off into a soybean field. 2.3 miles long, it should be fast and yet safe for us all. We'll have the track for about 4 hours so there should be plenty of time for everyone to get in a lot of laps and they do have gas available there at the track if anyone needs to top up. Much smoother than the track at Indy, so handling should be much better as well. Another plus is that with the flat open terrain the entire track is easily visible from the grand stand so watching the action will be great as well.
Hope to have registration informaton posted before the first of the year. Rooms are blocked until 3 weeks before the event, but may be difficult to find after that time as Omaha has both the Little League World Series and the College World Series coming into town starting on the 12th, the last day we will be there. Room rates jump up $50 a night on the 12th, I'm trying to negotiate a break in that for us in consideration that we'll already be there for the three nights previous. Currently the hotel is offering us a rate of $109 per night for the first three nights, down from their normal $129 rate, I'm trying to get them to drop Wedensday night's rate to no more than $129 for us instead of the $179 they will charge new arrivals. Wish us luck.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on September 27, 2012, 05:20:38 PM
British V8/V6 2013........Us 4 cylinder guys not welcome.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on September 27, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
You know better than that, Dale.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on September 27, 2012, 07:35:08 PM
I should say,you know better than that! Even four cylinders are not discriminated against anymore.Are you up for track day fun?  Mike
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on September 27, 2012, 08:21:52 PM
Just had to take advantage of the situation.  Yes I think I am ready for a track day.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: danmas on October 25, 2012, 06:39:03 PM
Bill,

Which Hampton Inn, Arbor Plaza or Southport Parkway?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on November 07, 2012, 08:59:27 AM
Sorry for missing your post San, I still haven't received conformation from the hotel, need to contact them for sure this week. I should be the Arbor Plaza location.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: v869tr6 on December 26, 2012, 07:45:12 PM
Any updates on the event?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on January 02, 2013, 11:34:40 PM
Are final dates set?  Earlier post said June 10-12 tentative if I recall.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on January 03, 2013, 07:49:11 AM
Last info from Bill indicates the dates to  be correct.  just needed to finalize the Hotel and some events info.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on January 07, 2013, 10:53:14 AM
I hope that the dates are correct, I put in my vacation request today.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: wkube on January 21, 2013, 11:16:35 PM
Any final confirmation of hotel and dates?  Want to book my room and vacation schedule.

Wayne
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on January 28, 2013, 10:06:18 PM
All is confirmed, the dates will be Monday June 10 through Wednesday June 12 2013.
Location is the :

 

Hampton Inn Omaha West Lakeside

17606 Arbor Plaza

Omaha, NE 68130

USA

 

Office Phone Number: (402)330-9500

Room rates are
King Bed ______ ($109 + tax  6/9 to 6/11/13 & $179 + tax 6/12/13)

Two Queen Bed _____ ($109 + tax  6/9 to 6/11/13 & $179 + tax 6/12/13)

King Studio Suite ____ ($129 + tax  6/9 to 6/11/13 & $199 + tax 6/12/13)


We will have use of a meeting room on Sunday and Monday nights for our registration and any Roadmaster or Spurious meetings and for the Banquet on Wednesday night.

If you are making reservations mention the British V8 meet, if that doesn't get you the discount then ask for Michele Bourque and she can work it out.

Sorry it took so long to get the final details in place. We'll have registration information in a few weeks ready to post online and mail out.

Bill Young
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: wkube on February 08, 2013, 03:15:58 PM
Made reservations today.  Used the number provided above, and the nice lady on the phone did have the special rate for British V8.  Will be arriving Sunday evening, departing Thursday morning.  Right now, the plan is to bring Willard on a trailer instead of driving my '79 (Hobbes).  Looking forward to it!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lars49 on February 08, 2013, 05:57:46 PM
Reservations made
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: v869tr6 on February 10, 2013, 02:42:09 PM
What are the rules for the Mid American Motorplex event ?
Drive fast ?
Passengers ?
Cost ?
Safety Equipment  required ?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on February 12, 2013, 07:29:22 PM
RENDEZVOUS--- 2013   Holiday Inn St. Joe, Mo.        Saturday -June 8th Overnite and on to Omaha next day.
Located downtown off I-229 at 102 S. 3rd. Street,  St Jo, Mo. 64501 -   Reserved 20 rooms  (British V8) at $90  incl tax & fees.   Ph # 816-279-8000.  If problem ask for Rachel or Janice.  This property has BAR , resturant and near-by Casino plus several other great Resturants nearby.    Convenient to drive up from KC( I-70) and down from I-80 on scenic route.  The trip to Omaha will be 2-3 hours max drive  on Sunday.  See Separate posting for complete info
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on February 14, 2013, 01:15:00 PM
Reservation complete, can't wait to see everyone.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Citron on February 17, 2013, 02:33:28 PM
Maad res in both St Joe and Omaha.

See you there

Steve
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302V8 on March 04, 2013, 04:57:03 PM
Mantell Motorsport has reservations also at St Jo and Omaha

See you all there :)

Cheers
Pete
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on March 10, 2013, 07:40:30 PM
Room reserved for Saturday in Saint Joseph and for Sunday through Wednesday (Thursday deaprture) in Omaha!

Looking forward to this event!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: danmas on March 10, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
Right now, it's iffy, but I'm hoping to make it.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on March 28, 2013, 03:23:21 PM
Are the registration forms available? apparently We missed them.    Can't have the meet w/o the proper credentials.
BTY, no registration required for the Rendezvous in St. Joe,  Just Be There!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on March 28, 2013, 03:54:05 PM
How many have reservations in St.Joseph for the Pre-Ignition Party, kelly?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on March 28, 2013, 07:25:30 PM
Best estimate off top of my head is 12-14 committed so far.  no info from hotel on number of reservation at this time.  
COME ON GANG!  Let's get going only over 2 months left, 60+ days.
  Maybe a Headcount or sound-off would be appropriate?
 Please use the "Rendezvous" thread for your replies
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302V8 on April 22, 2013, 07:56:15 PM
Only 7 weeks to go !
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on April 25, 2013, 11:40:25 AM
Hey Bill,
Got a couple of questions for you... At one point we discussed having a set of scales at the meet, is that still viable? Has MAM given any you information regarding safety equipment or licensing restrictions (driving school) ?
Thanks, Phil
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on April 25, 2013, 02:24:35 PM
Registration forms should be posted tomorrow. MAM requirements are pretty much the same as at Indy, Helmet, seat belts, no loose gear in car, battery well mounted, no passing in the corners and pass on the left.
I will be bringing my scales and ramps.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on April 25, 2013, 04:43:08 PM
No roll bar requirement?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on April 25, 2013, 07:14:06 PM
I highly recommend a roll bar in a roadster, but so many of our group don't have one. Just drive accordingly though.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on April 25, 2013, 07:57:30 PM
Registration form....

Be sure to download it, fill it out, and submit it to Bill Young ASAP!

And....buy some regalia!

See you in Omaha!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on April 25, 2013, 09:35:10 PM
It's official, the Meet is on!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on April 26, 2013, 02:25:54 AM
Registration forms and additional information may be accessed by clicking the big "Meetings" button at the top of the page, or by selecting "Meetings Overview" from the pull-down menu under that same button.

Here's a direct link:  <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/British-V8-Meetings.htm">Meetings Page</a>
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on April 26, 2013, 11:43:40 AM
Hey Bill, that's a good name for the 2013 British V8 meet.
I think we all remember the TV show:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Kingdom
mutual.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on April 26, 2013, 12:45:32 PM
Who could forget Marlin Perkins and his sidekick Jim. Somehow Jim always ended up wrestling with the big dangerous animals....
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on April 26, 2013, 01:14:50 PM
We have a couple of our own "Jims" who wrestle with wild British cars!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302GT on April 30, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
For those of you who can take advantage of it, the AARP room rate is lower than the V8 room rate...
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on April 30, 2013, 07:41:48 PM
Thanks Larry, we needed that one!!   See you in Omaha!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on April 30, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
Seriously?! That sucks, because I refuse to fund the AARP political agenda. Therefore, I don't get their discount.  I thought we had more clout than that.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on May 01, 2013, 08:55:17 AM
Will they give you a senior discount if you don't belong to AARP?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302GT on May 01, 2013, 11:22:32 AM
The hotel will not give the discount without a valid AARP registration number.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on May 01, 2013, 12:08:05 PM
How about AMAC?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 01, 2013, 12:40:31 PM
What is the room rate through AARP?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302GT on May 01, 2013, 03:45:22 PM
The rate depends on the room, but it is as low as $116/night Sunday through Tuesday; no discount on Wednesday.

There is  box on the web site where various discount codes can be entered, and I recommend that people try this; maybe someone has an even better discount available.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 01, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
Hey Bill,

Do you think we should register the Roadmaster for the track so that some of the BADASS members can drive it there? Seems to me that might have some attraction so I thought I'd bring it up. I'm not personally angling for a seat but I'd love to see what Max or Carl could do with it.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 01, 2013, 07:36:29 PM
No...I do NOT think the Roadmaster should go on the track....for some obvious reasons.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Citron on May 01, 2013, 08:09:33 PM
Yes,  i think it should be allowed on the track.  It was built to drive.

Steve
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 01, 2013, 09:41:03 PM
There is a difference between driving and track time.

We don't have the money available to tow/transport the Roadmaster should something catasrophic happen on the track.

Additionally, I doubt seriously if our insurance would cover this activity.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 01, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Parade laps maybe?

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on May 03, 2013, 08:38:14 AM
FYI, There is a SAC (Strategic Air Command) Museum West of Omaha.  If any spare time exists, perhaps a short visit would entertain you also.   The Air Exhibit in Oshkosk Wi. was vey enjoyable, this may be similar and worth a visit.  Opens 10AAM -5 PM daily and Srs. $11. Reg. $12 Admission.    Exit 426 on I-80 W.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mgbreis on May 03, 2013, 11:44:15 AM
I haven't been to the SAC museum in a long time but it was really cool if you're into military aircraft. The SR-71 Blackbird hanging in the front entry is worth the price of admission.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on May 03, 2013, 11:53:17 AM
Yes Ryan, we have a SR-71  Blackbird in Huntsville Al at the Space & Rocket Ctr.  It is just off I-565 about 80 yrds from the hwy right out in front of Bldg..  It is IMPRESSIVE!  Add the Saturn V rocket and you have a distraction when you pass the place. I all ways have to look and marvel at the astronauts who sat on the tip of the Saturn V with the millions of pounds thrust at their back, awesome.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: madmax on May 05, 2013, 10:34:30 PM
ALTERNATE ACTIVITY NOTIFICATION:

Hey Gents:

My better half (Emily) and Jean Ingram are planning on going to the Zoo (one of our country's best!) on the Monday while we're all playing on the track!

Please pass the word to your Significant Others/Wives/Mates, etc?   There should be time to hash out details on Sunday night at the Meet und Greet.  

RE:  Roadmaster on track.   Uh... thanks for thinking of Me, Jim, and I'll be needing a drive, BUT...  Heavy steering, poor med-heavy throttle response-- I don't think the BADASS is ready to be abused just yet!   (Alas)   U do some miracle tuning beforehand, then *maybe*....  :*)

Also RE:  track time.   Who all is going to bring a Camera (for In Car footage)?  Remember to hook up a safety strap!  (Friend just lost his Hero cam On Track @ VIR last month-- broke the plastic hinge mount!)   The Hero Cams do seem to be as advertised:  great footage and cheap price!

I'll bring Tire stuff so we can do some checks after sessions:  temps, pressures, hardness.  :-)     [I will accept bribes to mislead Floyd and Mantell..   :-) ]

We won't make the Rendezvous (still on the road, trying to make St. Louie in the first stint) but we'll see you all there on Sunday!  Hotel reservations all made-- Bill, I'll have the form in the mail within the week.  :-)  

(Also, we'll have to leave after the banquet on Wednesday night-- heading up the road towards South Dakota.   :-))

Cheers,

M
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 07, 2013, 01:46:32 PM
Just got an update from Don Bonar, only 4 registrations received as of yesterday. Get them in guys so I can get the regalia order placed as soon as possible.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 07, 2013, 06:22:01 PM
Hey everyone, they call it snail mail for a reason, get 'em goin'. I mailed mine Saturday. I am really looking forward to this years event.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Merv on May 09, 2013, 08:56:50 AM
For those of us who dally, as of this morning (05/09/2013) Hampton Inn does not show any more openings for British V8.
Using my AARP discount the cost of a standard room was $116.00 for June 9th thru the 11th and $179.00 for the 12th.
This was per Nichole as of 7:45 AM.
Merv
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on May 09, 2013, 10:18:25 AM
Sent my registration to Don yesterday......
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 09, 2013, 12:59:56 PM
Mailed my registration to Don this morning (5/9/13)

Karting, no track, one additional banquet meal, and one polo size XL, please!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on May 09, 2013, 05:47:31 PM
Check's in the mail!  Heading to Carlisle,PA Import& Kitcar show next weekend. Ready for a road trip.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: madmax on May 09, 2013, 08:27:19 PM
Rick:  NO Track?!?   Uh.... so loan Me your car?  LOL    I wouldn't want to show anyone up in the Diesel...   :-)  (Well, Dan Blackwood mebbe, but he's used to it!)

Bill, everyone Else:

Registration going in the mail this weekend.   Everything, extra banquet, and a Lg T-shirt.  

RE:  track time.    Helmet?  How Current?   SA2000?  2005?  2010?  etc   And did I see that roll bars are NOT required?   Does that mean we'll finally get Creswick and his beast out on the tarmac?   :-)

Cheers,

M
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on May 10, 2013, 10:05:07 AM
Thanks for the shout out, Max
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 10, 2013, 10:21:13 AM
Note about using AARP.

This may possibly have detrimental effects on the agreement that BritishV8 has with the hotel....in regards to meeting rooms, comp rooms, etc.

A lot of agreements with hotels require that a minimum number of the event's room block be utilized in order to appreciate other amenities offered in the agreement.

Is the savings substantial enough to jeopardize the success of the event?

Food for thought.

And yes....I am an AARP member....who made his reservation through the BritishV8 room block.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: cruiseman on May 10, 2013, 10:45:52 AM
Registration sent last week,

Kelly and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Richard Woodley
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 10, 2013, 12:26:30 PM
We will enjoy some Bass and Dickel, Richard!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on May 10, 2013, 02:04:53 PM
I found the BritishV8 rate to be the best rate they offered when I talked to Nicole.  The other rates were lower for Sunday night, but increased each day.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 10, 2013, 03:27:54 PM
I also found that Bill Young had done his job well, and the best rate was for "British V8". If we have sold out the rooms reserved for us, using the AARP, or any other discount should not have an effect on the banquet room and other extras. This will be my fourth event and it looks like it will be as much fun as the previous three. Thanks again to Bill and all who helped organize this event.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 10, 2013, 03:59:27 PM
Registration went in the mail today.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 10, 2013, 04:36:58 PM
re:  I also found that Bill Young had done his job well, and the best rate was for "British V8". If we have sold out the rooms reserved for us, using the AARP, or any other discount should not have an effect on the banquet room and other extras. This will be my fourth event and it looks like it will be as much fun as the previous three. Thanks again to Bill and all who helped organize this event.
*************************************************

This is very true....but...we should check with the hotel to verify. The event **should** be able to claim the room-nights that were sold post-block sell-out if this is the case.

I deal a LOT with hotels and events such as this.

We don't want to leave comp rooms, etc on the table if they are ours for the taking.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Merv on May 10, 2013, 06:30:52 PM
Rick, when I was advised by an employee ( Nicole) of this Hotel that all of the available British V8 rooms were booked as of 05/09/2013, I have to assume that she knew what they were talking about. If anyone finds that there are additional British V8 rooms available please let me know as I really would prefer the lower rate.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 11, 2013, 10:09:18 AM
I sent a note to Bill regarding this. I'm sure that he will look into it.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: madmax on May 11, 2013, 05:36:03 PM
Merv/Rick:

Our experience:  we called late April and were told they "couldn't guarantee" the room rate and wanted to put us into a King room, more $, etc.  

Emily called the next day, got someone else, and we got our room for the first three nights (we have to hit the road Wed evening) at the meet rate.  


I hate to say it, but Our experience with our meet (2009) and what others report-- it often just seems to be a bad case of the people on the desk are just NOT aware of all the special rates going on!     Often there are meet instructions that say 'Ask for so and so" and it turns out that these are the ONLY people who know who we are, etc.    Unfortunate, but it happens.  

YMMV

M
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on May 13, 2013, 10:28:51 PM
My reservation will be in the mail tomorrow.  Also made my hotel reservation.

Dale
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 15, 2013, 11:50:41 AM
Brenda and myself will be attending after all. Hotel reservation is in even though it is passed the cut off date for the block set for BritishV8 2013.

We will be sending our reservation for the meet today!

Looking forward to see eveyone again!

Calvin
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 15, 2013, 07:47:12 PM
Will be great to see you again, Calvin!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 15, 2013, 10:17:50 PM
I have a question about the Motorplex? Can we have a passenger in our car? Do we need to pay the same amount for that passenger on the registration form?

Calvin

I found my answer in another post! The answer is yes need to fund extra person.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: v869tr6 on May 16, 2013, 03:59:08 PM
Calvin, where did you find out about a passenger costing the same as a driver on the road course?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 17, 2013, 12:53:36 AM
I saw it in Bills post in the pub forum "Omaha Head Count" $80.00 per person...I may be wrong but I paid the fee anyway.

By the way there is a decent discount for Hotel cost if you have Tripple A...AAA!!  I figured after the block cut off date

Calvin
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 19, 2013, 09:03:05 PM
Getting close now, as of Saturday's main we had received registrations from the following people.
1 Don Bonar
2 Kelly Stevenson
3 David Kirkman
4 Richard Woodley
5 Phil McConnell
6 Paul Schils
7 Steve Degroat
8 Bill Young
9 Pete Mantell
10 Merv & Marlyn Hagen
11 Tim Duhamel
12 Carl Floyd
13 Al & Patty Wulf
14 Max Fulton
15 Michael Maloney
16 Mike Moor
17 Jim Blackwood
18 Rick Ingram
19 Graham Creswick
20 Lawrence Barnes
21 Richard Moor
22 Larry Shimp
23 Scott Costanzo

I'm sure there are more in the mail. need to get the regalia order in by the end of this week if I can.
See you in Omaha guys.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on May 19, 2013, 10:32:54 PM
Dangnabbit!  Just missed being number 13.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on May 20, 2013, 08:24:33 AM
I've been holding off hoping there'd be some schedule changes on the project I'm working at work, but that's not looking likely.  So, unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year.  Will miss everyone.  Someone take pics and post so those of us not there can keep up.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on May 20, 2013, 12:30:59 PM
Our great grandaughter is graduating from high school this year and we have had activities planned for the weekend of June 8/9 for several months. Because of this, I thought I would miss our meet for the first time in ten years...but after recently throwing myself on the mercy of the domestic court, I have been granted permission to leave for Omaha on Sunday afternoon...that would put me in Omaha late Monday afternoon...not sure where I will be staying, but at least I wil lbe able to continue my annual tradition of telling untrue car stories in the parking lot
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on May 20, 2013, 02:29:53 PM
Surely you would qualify for CURB SERVICE from someone?   Maybe I would meet you in the lobby?  that's as close as I can promise   :)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on May 21, 2013, 12:15:04 AM
Kelly, you going to the Lobby with GD is a major concession from the King of Dickel...I am taking that as a positive! :-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: cruiseman on May 21, 2013, 12:05:59 PM
Kelly, are you sure you want to give Maloney that level of service????  The last time you did that was at Indy and he blamed us for his "big head" the next morning.  Maybe he's matured since then.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on May 21, 2013, 01:28:26 PM
Perhaps he has learned his lesson and is  "older & Wiser", but the older is a given.  Hell, I think he's worth it!  Anyone with a Arkley addiction couldn't be all bad.   The lobby drink is only valid if he is there when I bring it down.  No waiting.  
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on May 21, 2013, 01:50:18 PM
Kelly and Richard, I hereby grant you permission to refer to me as "The Arkleyologist" .................."Arkleyology" definition>>>
The study, recovery,investigation, and modification of tiny, ancient, and obscure British sports car artifacts..T-shirts are in the future :-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 21, 2013, 07:50:58 PM
Sounds like a new Spurious name to me!

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 21, 2013, 11:07:54 PM
I think you may be right Jim, very suitable.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on May 23, 2013, 01:42:43 PM
That's certainly up to Mr.Maloney.....but...

"El Pez, the Arkleyologist" does have a ring to it...and rolls off of the tongue quite readily!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on May 23, 2013, 03:07:23 PM
OK, let's just go with...."The Arkleyologist"...............it is time for a change anyway...I've had el pez since I was in high school...el pez had something to do with Ohio 3.2% beer and the ability to consume it...
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: alana on May 23, 2013, 06:20:24 PM
Edited - can't delete.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on May 27, 2013, 05:30:24 PM
My registration will be going in the mail tomorrow for the second time.  It was not delivered the first time because I screwed up the address.  

dale
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on May 28, 2013, 10:45:47 PM
Shouldn't be a problem Dale, I ordered some extra meals and shirts just for cases like this. Everyone should get what they want.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on June 03, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
Not the best timing.
I pulled the pumpkin out of the TR6 this morning for some emergency service. Going back in tonight and leaving for Omaha in 36 hours.
Sure hope everything went together OK.

IMG_6355.JPG
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 03, 2013, 10:47:40 PM
"Emergency service"...  don't like the sound of that!  What happened?   Whatever it was, you don't look too happy about it.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 03, 2013, 11:36:55 PM
Wow Ken, was this emergency service caused from the last autocross, or it was just bad timing for service? I myself just did a master cylinder change from 1.25 to a 7/8", brakes stop the car now. Installed some R134 in the AC after finding a leak. See you soon in Omaha!

Rob you just got sick with the flu and you are bed ridden for a week starting this coming Saturday ;-)... Love to see you in Omaha too! "Track Time"
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 04, 2013, 01:47:01 AM
Calvin, don't tempt me!  I've already had the flu and food poison - I'm running out of spontaneous illnesses.  Plus, where I work you can be on your death bed and still be expected to join a conference call if something goes bump.  I am definitely bummed about missing this year.  Only up side is I dropped my car off at a shop this morning to get the A/C hooked up while I'm in California.  My wife and I are going to use what would have been the return weekend from BV8 to a weekend in Austin hill country and we're taking the MG.  She requested that I get the A/C going before that and my schedule has been such that I was only home about 5 or 6 days in May and June is shaping up to be the same - hence having a shop do it.  This is the 1st shop I've left my car at (excluding the paint shop) and I don't like it!

You guys have fun and please post pics as the week progresses so those of us stuck back can keep up with the goings on.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 04, 2013, 03:44:45 AM
I've held off posting this just in case there was a last minute change in circumstances, but no such  luck.  I won't be able to make it this year.  Will miss everyone..   And do hope to see video and photos .

Plans were in the works for a three Brit V-8/V-6  car caravan from NC (Max not included as he was driving some fuel efficient German car).  As time drew near my schedule (and the V-6 BGT) had multiple conflicts, then the Jag and it's driver/copilot had some problems, and last I heard our number three car and driver were still sorting out a few V-8 Healy concerns.  ( no update on Healy progress in the last week ) So I won't be there and the only NC attendee I'm pretty sure about is our good buddy Max.  
I promise to manage schedule conflicts more successfully in the future.

Most of you know I like a nice long drive so until next time  Happy trails to you until we meet again.   .   .   . sent from Waldron, East Sussex
SFOPJRoxyR2R.jpg
BrendaHealyUK.jpg
MoregasforRoadmaster.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 04, 2013, 08:46:31 AM
You don't have to drive your MG/Jag/Healey/Triumph to have fun at the meet...  A Toyota minivan works good as a tech support vehicle.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: IaTR6 on June 04, 2013, 01:27:20 PM
I don't have a V8 British car, just a pile of parts. Would anyone be offended if I were to come on Tuesday afternoon to look and ask questions?
Thanks,
Dennis
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on June 04, 2013, 02:31:55 PM
Dennis,
Offended? Certainly not.
Everyone is welcome and your interest is appreciated.

Latest update on my TR6: together and test driven. Good to go.
The story is, I had a new ring and pinion put in late last year. Upon further inspection recently, I wasn't happy with the amount of pinion preload that was there so I had it redone. Now I can sleep at night.
On the road tommorrow for two nights in Nashville, TN. before Omaha.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 04, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
Dennis: No one will be offended... but if you only come for one afternoon you'll definitely leave wondering why you didn't come for the whole meet. Seriously. Put the rest of your life on hold. It's worth it!

Ken: That's fantastic news!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 04, 2013, 04:04:57 PM
Rob & PJ, definitely gonna miss you guys!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on June 04, 2013, 05:26:55 PM
Leaving early Friday morning for two days of drag racing in Cordova IL Let's hope I do better then I did on the way to our Duram NC event.  See everyone Sunday PM.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on June 04, 2013, 07:17:35 PM
Best Wishes Dale!  look forward to seeing your ride and workmanship.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 05, 2013, 12:25:31 PM
Dennis,
We would be offended if you didn't come. Be sure to bring a camera and lots of SD cards (or film). You can gain a lot of knowledge from the cars that are there.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on June 05, 2013, 12:42:47 PM
WARNING!!!             "These gathering are habit forming"  Attend at own risk.   This Disclaimer is required due to repeat offenders
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: IaTR6 on June 05, 2013, 01:24:32 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I will come for a look - and bring a notepad.
Thanks,
Dennis
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: nobogez07 on June 05, 2013, 07:06:25 PM
My name is Doug Brown and I live in South Dakota

Being new to this get together I guess I screwed it up!!  Didn't understand the registration thing!!!

I do have a room for Sunday night - Monday I'm on a waiting list!

I can only visit for Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday.  When you own, time away can be very expensive!!

I hope that I can participate, though I don't really need to race!!  I'm looking forward to meeting the many people I feel I know through this Forum.  

I may be able to help many of you when it comes to various forms of metal finishing including powder coating and plating.

Though I'm not officially registered (my fault) I can't wait to tip a few scotch's, light up a good cigar, and talk about building MG hotrods!!

You'll see me - the one wondering around like an idiot
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: ex-tyke on June 05, 2013, 08:26:31 PM
QuoteYou'll see me - the one wondering around like an idiot

There will be times, as the evening tire kicking and social hour kicks into effect in the hotel parking lot, that a lot of us come across as idiots...you'll fit right in!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 05, 2013, 08:37:37 PM
Doug...you can register for the event when you arrive at the hotel in Omaha.

Look up Bill Young....or any of the rest of us and we'll get you taken care of post haste!

A group of seven of us (Pete Mantell, Alex Mantell, Graham Creswick, Peter Smith, Dave Kirkman, Mike Moor, and me) will be caravaning to St.Joe, MO on Saturday...then up to Omaha on Sunday with the rest of the Spurious Bastards who have decided to "play" at the "pre-ignition party" on Saturday.

Most of us will be departing on Thursday morning.
CBCF2013PreparedClass_3.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: danmas on June 05, 2013, 09:35:03 PM
QuoteThere will be times, as the evening tire kicking and social hour kicks into effect in the hotel parking lot, that a lot of us come across as idiots...you'll fit right in!

They say it takes one to know one, but I don't believe that. I say if you are one, you won't recognize that quality in another - they will look normal to you.

I'm beginning to worry - you guys all seem normal to me!

Have a great time all, I wish I could be there with you.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 05, 2013, 11:38:50 PM
Last minute repairs.....oil leak.

Car on lift and diagnosed this evening.

Fix is on tomorrow.


ZeroHourrepair....damnedleaks.jpg


ZeroHourrepair.....theculprit.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 06, 2013, 01:33:04 AM
I don't see it; where's the leak?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 06, 2013, 04:51:49 AM
Rick,
  You have a "garage" to die for, good luck with the leak and safe travels.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 06, 2013, 05:56:47 AM
You call that a leak?!   I guess I'll leave my beater, leaker at home.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 06, 2013, 09:28:28 AM
Wonder if we will be able to meet up with you guys? I think we plan to leave sometime Saturday morning...

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302V8 on June 06, 2013, 09:43:50 AM
Jim,
We are leaving St Jo/Sidney IL around 8am. Then I-74, I-72, US 36 to St J MO.
You are welcome to join us if the timing is right.

Cheers
Pete
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302V8 on June 06, 2013, 09:48:05 AM
Rob/Carl,

Rick's leak is there. It looked like the oil pan at first. Rick & I will be taking a closer look lunchtime and fixing.

See you guys in St Jo or Omaha!

Pete
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 06, 2013, 09:52:33 AM
Carl....I had already cleaned up the undercarriage and front of the block before I took the photo.

I lost about a quart of oil in less than 200 miles....and it left a pool of oil on the floor of the barn under the oil filter that was about 6" in diamater just from idling.

Plus....I just KNEW that you wanted to see the GT back up on the lift.  <grin>
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: nobogez07 on June 06, 2013, 02:01:12 PM
Does anyone who if Dave Craddock is planning on attending?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 06, 2013, 02:44:18 PM
Yes, Dave is going to be there.

QuoteI lost about a quart of oil in less than 200 miles....and it left a pool of oil on the floor

Just like my car!  ;)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: nobogez07 on June 06, 2013, 03:00:21 PM
Thanks Carl

My 2004 MINI is dripping oil as well!!  Maybe we can do a bulk purchase and reap the savings!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Preform Resources on June 06, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
Yes,we will attend, we should arrive late mon morning.
Dave
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 06, 2013, 03:38:24 PM
Pete, I will check with Dan and see what he thinks. I believe we were planning to get an early start anyway.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 06, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
If we can work it out that would be good. I have also been in touch with Scott and Artie.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on June 06, 2013, 04:52:47 PM
With a caravan like that, you may need an Oil Dry truck to follow,   :-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mgbreis on June 06, 2013, 05:18:55 PM
I just mailed in my registration. I should have sent it in a long time ago. No excuse other than being busy (like everyone)!

I'll be in and out a few times while you guys are here, I'm really looking forward to seeing the cars and I'll try to make a point to introduce myself to  everyone. Please reserve me a spot in the Hillman section of the parking lot.


P.S. : Not to be a worry wart, but keep in mind that the forcasters are calling for potentially severe weather on Saturday evening on a line from Omaha to Kansas City.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 06, 2013, 06:32:11 PM
Pete, I know you guys want to get an early start and I appreciate that. But it's 4 hours to Champaign. If we're to meet at your place that means we'd have to leave here about 3:30AM, earlier if we want to be sure to get there in time.  Dan can't get here before 9 PM and we have to put the car on the lift and re-secure the starter brace so that doesn't give us very much sleep. Can we meet you at Champaign somewhere? If we could get there about 9 AM that would make a pretty big difference to us.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 06, 2013, 08:17:02 PM
Is anyone going from the west other than Brenda and myself??... We will be getting on the road from Elk Grove Ca travaling I 80 east tomorrow morning early by 3 or 4 am. We will be shooting for Cheyenne Wyoming Friday night sometime and stay at a motel. Saturday roll into Omaha sometime around noon. We may drive down a  couple of hours to meet the pre-group Sunday morning early and drive back with the east group. Curtis...when are you getting on the road to head east from Colorado?

Getting all loaded up right now! Looking forward to see everyone again and meet new people who are coming. Will be bringing my laptop to show what you can tune with HP tuner software on an Ls engine and may other engines now. I'm sure some of you will be interested?? They keep adding updates with new engine's from other makes with this software. I will bring the Go Pro, video camera, and a regular camera. I know some are not able to make the meet , so plenty of vidoes, photos of the fun can be posted for them to enjoy.

Since we will be bringing  our trailer again. We thought of bringing our camp stove and bbq right at the trailer in the parking lot in the evening, to save a few bucks, have a few beers, and not worry about driving. You are all welcome to go shopping for a steak , links, sausage, or what every you want and cook on the stove.

Calvin  "On the road again"
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 06, 2013, 08:24:52 PM
Quote:  so plenty of vidoes, photos of the fun can be posted for [the poor slobs who couldn't make it this year] to enjoy.

Awesome!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 302V8 on June 06, 2013, 08:37:20 PM
Jim,

We still really need to leave Rick's shop as close to 8am CST as possible. You will gain an hour once you hit IL and Rick's shop is about 20-30 mins east of Champaign. So with any luck you should make it if you left Florence at 5am EST. (In theory)
That will make a group of 8 cars rolling down the highway!

Cheers
Pete
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 06, 2013, 10:23:16 PM
Excellent. I had forgotten about the time change, thanks for reminding me.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 06, 2013, 10:43:37 PM
Not exactly what I had in mind for my engine on Thursday night, when I have to work Friday, and need to leave early Saturday morning. Hopefully, UPS will deliver my parts from Summit tomorrow. Cylinder #8 fouled a plug and I am hoping the problem is just valve guide seals. See you all in St. Joe, MO on Saturday, smoking or not.
ohno.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 06, 2013, 11:00:58 PM
Dang Phil, Luck to you! I will be heading probably right passed Speedway Motors(In Lincoln NE) on Saturday, but don't know if they will be open. Maybe they might have your parts....I could pick them up for you on the way through Lincoln if needed. PM for cell phone #'s .....Just looked at Magazine ...Speedway is open 7am - 10pm daily!

Calvin

My R134 leaked all out so no AC....so back up AC will work!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 07, 2013, 06:26:57 AM
Ditto what Rob said, I can't be there but will follow along via the internet
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 07, 2013, 08:17:36 AM
Still a lot to do on my car, as well.  I lowered it some more, but will have to redo all that today.  Looks cool waaay down low, 'cept it's sitting on the already shortened bumpstops.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 07, 2013, 08:21:24 AM
Check your wipers... looks like thunder storms Saturday and Sunday.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 07, 2013, 08:47:58 AM
UPS tracking says parts will be delivered today. Yehaaa!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 07, 2013, 08:51:29 AM
QuoteCheck your wipers... looks like thunder storms Saturday and Sunday.

Crap, my windshield leaks like a sieve.  Just pisses me off when my left leg & shoe gets drenched!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 07, 2013, 09:27:35 AM
We need a meeting place along the route in Champaign for tomorrow morning.  Rick, Pete, what is good?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 07, 2013, 09:58:43 AM
Good thing we'll be driving a GT!  ;-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 07, 2013, 11:25:36 AM
....and Rain-X.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 07, 2013, 12:14:42 PM
Confirmed my reservations at Saint Joseph, MO and Omaha, NE this morning.

Check in at Saint Joseph is 2pm.

Check in at Ohama is 3pm.

Safety/Faster!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 07, 2013, 07:49:51 PM
Engine is back together and I will be able to leave early am. I love it when a plan comes together.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 07, 2013, 08:16:54 PM
So guys, are we meeting you in Champaign or not? I need to call Scott within about the hour if we're to set up a rendezvous. If we're doing this I need to know when and where.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 07, 2013, 08:26:25 PM
It's exciting to know that things are coming together for everyone.


I put new tires on my MG this afternoon.  (They're Dunlop Direzza DII tires, size 205/50R15.)  That was pretty much the last thing on this year's to-do list.  Haven't started packing yet. Heading into Denver right now to take Lisa to "First Fridays".... I expect to leave Colorado tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not sure what time. My most likely stopping place is North Platte, Nebraska - which is almost exactly half way. (4 hours from Longmont. 4 hours from Omaha.) If I stop there, I'll stay at the America's Best Value Inn on 4th street downtown, across from the NAPA. I've stayed there a couple times before.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 07, 2013, 09:10:12 PM
That is exactly the tire I was going to recommend for you. It is supposed to a great tire. Even better than the first gen Star Specs that I have.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 07, 2013, 10:01:36 PM
We have:

Graham Creswick
Peter Smith
Dave Kirkman
Pete Mantell/Kenny Mantell
Alex Mantell/friend
Rick/Jean Ingram
Mike Moor
Dan/Jim Blackwood
Scott Costanza/Artie Clark

Leaving Champaign at 0800 CDT.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 07, 2013, 11:02:48 PM
We just made it to Laramie Wyoming ....that was a 17 hour run for us straight through.  We will be leaving in the morning sometime in the am to hit the road again. We are at the BW. Curtis, might end up in front of you!

Calvin & Brenda

Phil...I'm glad your parts came in!

Blood shot eyes bed time!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on June 07, 2013, 11:17:50 PM
Spent the evening at Cordova IL drag way.  Made 4 OK passes considering this is my fist time out this year with a new turbo.  Will be back at Cordova Sat and then on to Omaha on Sunday.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on June 08, 2013, 01:38:15 AM
Wednesday, spent the day discovering some great back roads in S.E. Ohio.
Thursday evening we took in some of the Country Music Awards activities in Nashville.
This evening we enjoyed Memphis, downtown Beale St.
St. Joe tomorrow.
Ken
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 05:51:36 AM
image.jpg
Roadmaster leaving Blackwood farm in WV
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 05:53:41 AM
Early start fro Florence. Next stop: Chateau d'Ingram
image.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 08, 2013, 07:17:27 AM
Still in the garage wrenchin'.   ;)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 08:07:06 AM
Indy construction slowed us down
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 09:55:42 AM
Caravan of 8 cars
image.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 08, 2013, 10:09:38 AM
Still wrenchin'.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 10:29:37 AM
Should we follow this guy?
image.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 08, 2013, 10:33:21 AM
Yes, he may need help but watch out for sudden fluid discharge, smoke, steam, and parts falling off.
MGnotsoldinUSA.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 08, 2013, 10:35:10 AM
Carl,

Hope you're able to get rolling soon.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 08, 2013, 11:22:04 AM
Curtis

Need rainex in NE due to constant rain.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 08, 2013, 11:43:21 AM
Were in north platt and still raining.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 08, 2013, 02:16:03 PM
Finally hittin' the road.  Google says 13 hrs. to St. Joe, MO & almost 15.5 all the way to Omaha. Might catch up sometime before Omaha. ;)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lars49 on June 08, 2013, 02:41:03 PM
Looks clear for Sunday from the west
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Citron on June 08, 2013, 03:35:09 PM
We  got to st joe at 12
See you guys soon?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Dan B on June 08, 2013, 03:44:55 PM
60 miles
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 08, 2013, 04:20:24 PM
We finaly made it to Hampton Hotel!....looks like Ted Lathrop is here with hi red Tr6. Need find a way to post photos from my phone. I'm parked in the back where I might be able hook up an extension cord to the trailer. Then we can use the plugs on the trailer inside out out for what ever. This photo was taken from our room.Canwhatch a few of our cars at night :-).
20130608_152109.jpg

Looks like Bill Young made it here also.
20130608_170953.jpg


20130608_172508.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on June 08, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
Had a good day at the dragstrip.  Off to Omaha first thing in the morning.  Hope to be there by mid afternoon.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 08, 2013, 09:33:02 PM
Have a safe trip Dale!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on June 08, 2013, 10:07:02 PM
Way to go Dale! I assume you ran in your NORMAL 10's ?  :-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 09, 2013, 12:58:18 AM
We have over a dozen cars here in Saint Joseph, MO...enjoyed a GREAT prime rib meal tonigh!
Ontheroad-BritishV8.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 09, 2013, 02:41:02 AM
I'm gonna get a few zzzs here in Kingdom City, MO.  Should make it to St. Joe before noon.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lawnvett on June 10, 2013, 03:10:21 AM
How you get some decent  weather. We are enjoying sunshine this week in the uk,
Keep the photos coming, have fun!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 10, 2013, 06:08:13 AM
Gas stop...Macon, Missouri..

Gasstop-Missouri.jpg

Gasstop-Missouri_1.jpg

Gasstop-Missouri_2.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 10, 2013, 06:09:08 AM
View from my hotel room..........

Viewfromourhotelroom-Omaha.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Preform Resources on June 10, 2013, 07:30:42 AM
Left about 12:30 am, got about  20 miles and truck started overheating, raining like crazy, gonna use another vehicle
probably won't get there til Mon. night, weather looks good in Omaha.
Dave
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 10, 2013, 07:54:46 AM
We will keep the light on for you, Dave!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 10, 2013, 06:40:13 PM
Keep the pics coming - weather looks to have passed; hope you're all having a blast.  I'd way rather be there then here!!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mgbreis on June 11, 2013, 04:52:30 PM
Rick, Bill, anyone... do you guys know about what time the group will be in Lincoln on wednesday? I want to run up and maybe meet you at lunch and for the museum.

Still no autocross, right?  Thanks!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 11, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
It will be in the afternoon.....we're arriving in Lincoln for lunch (destination unknown)....then to the museum.

You can call or text me at 217.778.5097.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 11, 2013, 11:28:25 PM
Replied to the PM.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 11, 2013, 11:49:43 PM
Ryan....we should be at Speedway by 2pm...our mueum tour is scheduled for 2:30pm

And yes, no autocross.  Dangit.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 12, 2013, 06:55:40 AM
Some photo's that have been requested!!

They wanted some photos of our cars inside the cart racing building :-)!
20130611_134054.jpg

20130611_133950.jpg

20130611_133925.jpg

20130611_133918.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 12, 2013, 07:01:36 AM
A few more!

20130611_133802.jpg

20130611_133814.jpg

20130611_133840.jpg

20130611_000905.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 12, 2013, 07:06:50 AM
Don't know why these photos came out rotated !


20130610_103812.jpg

20130610_100923.jpg

20130610_100619.jpg

20130610_100647.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 12, 2013, 07:15:02 AM
20130610_100825.jpg

20130610_100834.jpg

20130610_100709.jpg

20130610_100734.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: dwtr6v8 on June 12, 2013, 07:44:13 AM
Calvin, Thanks for the pics and update! It makes it a little easier not being a part.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 12, 2013, 11:31:09 AM
Agreed!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: IaTR6 on June 12, 2013, 11:48:49 AM
I attended the parking lot session yesterday (Tues.), and must extend my heartfelt thanks to all I spoke to (and to those I didn't). Everyone was very helpful with my questions. As a first time builder, I am my own worst critic, but the creativity of these cars and the willingness to share information and ideas is very encouraging. A special thanks to Paul  Schils (and Mary), Larry Shimp, Calvin Grannis, Jim and Dan Blackwood and Curtis Jacobsen for their willingness to share. These are the few names I recorded in my scribbles, but also a thanks to every owner who brought a car. Now I must reread every how-it-was-done article to ensure I have not missed any good ideas. I hope to produce a TR6 to add to the mix in the near future. Now-out to the shop with me!
Dennis
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 13, 2013, 02:45:22 AM
It'll be awhile before I get my photos all sorted out

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a snapshot of a favorite car from this meet:






DonBonar-MG-PA-preview.jpg
Don Bonar's restored numbers-matching 1935 MG PA (What fun!!!)

You just never know what cool things you'll see, do, and learn at a BritishV8 meet.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: HealeyRick on June 13, 2013, 10:35:07 AM
QuoteDon Bonar's restored numbers-matching 1935 MG PA (What fun!!!)


SBC, SBF or Flatty? :)

Thanks for the pics.  We want more!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 13, 2013, 11:16:55 PM
you guys know this one?

Quote...

    But the best of friends must part, fair or foul the weather.
    Hand yer flipper for a shake, now a drink together.

    Long we've tossed on the rolling main, now we're safe ashore, Jack.
    Don't forget yer old shipmate, faldee raldee raldee raldee rye-eye-doe!

(Landed here about 7pm mountain time, after a very enjoyable ride. What a great meet!)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 14, 2013, 12:55:30 AM
We just made it to Elko Nevada! Now in a hotel..may take our car to a venue called Rods & Rides ..for friday.

We should make our meet one more day! Any takers?....I know its more mula but can't be had with a better group of people.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 14, 2013, 01:24:49 AM
Not home, yet. Had to stop after 800 miles. Stayed up waaay too late on the last night before the travel day, again.

I agree, Calvin. I wanted one more day, too!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on June 14, 2013, 03:43:20 AM
Checked into the Richmond Va. motel at 2 am Omaha time after a 20 hour drive. Wasn't that bad really. I'll try to post some photos of the JCNA event while I'm here.
Ken
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 14, 2013, 08:29:05 AM
Jay Smith was kind enough to send this series of videos to us via email! Jay was standing on the drag strip side getting these videos on the long straight away with his blackberry phone. We were hitting 130 + before shutting down way before the brake numbers on the side of the track. Ken Hiebert and I were having some fun track time together out there. 1st time for me to be out on a track and it was an adrenalin rush. It was great to learn more about our cars that we built!!


Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VQoZEC-8HJ4
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: ex-tyke on June 14, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
Got home at noon today with a tripometer register of 2103 miles......worst part of the return trip was negotiating Chicago traffic yesterday afternoon with a low-load carburetor stumble...makes for crappy motoring!......I suspect the power valve has seen better days and requires an investigation.
Took lots of photos and will post a few when I recover from the week's activity.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on June 14, 2013, 02:08:40 PM
Just now on the west side of Indy drinking an ice tea at Wendy's....will be home in two hours...what a great meet...was good to see all again!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: ex-tyke on June 14, 2013, 04:11:01 PM
Here we go....time for a couple of teasers.

BritV81.jpg
Our illustrious editor on the track.

BritV82.jpg
Sighted on the hwy between Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska.

BritV83.jpg
Part of the extensive collection at the Smith Museum of Speed in Lincoln
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: ex-tyke on June 14, 2013, 04:30:29 PM
Some more.....

BritV84.jpg
Carl behind the wheel of Phil Leonard's RV8

BritV85.jpg
Phil McConnel in his Chevy powered Spit.

BritV86.jpg
The "Riverside Special" which was loaded onto this truck in 1936 and has never been unloaded....from the Smith Museum of Speed collection.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: rficalora on June 14, 2013, 05:01:57 PM
Power Valve - thought you had an Edelbrock?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on June 14, 2013, 05:27:18 PM
Hope everyone had a great time. The "Man Candles" are now safely placed on my mantle in my man cave. Patched up with checkered flag duct tape and ready to burn. Also have Carl's agricultural warning sign alongside.
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: ex-tyke on June 14, 2013, 06:04:16 PM
QuotePower Valve - thought you had an Edelbrock?
...I did last year but switched to a 600 dual feed, double pumper over the Winter....thought I'd give a Holley a try.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 14, 2013, 06:45:12 PM
Carl loves carbs!

---

Graham, those are TERRIFIC photos.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 14, 2013, 07:21:00 PM
Home around noon and Dan left around 5:00 for W. Va. What a fantastic time! Rick should be back home now after dropping us off here, we had spent the night in Chateau de Ingram and the Roadmaster is tucked safely away in the King's garage.

The Roadmaster is just getting better and better. We had two consecutive tanks with mileages of 21.5 and then 21.8 mpg with careful filling to the same levels before, during and after. This was after reducing the static timing to 8 degrees advanced and I think this trip conclusively demonstrates that we have a 20+mpg car on our hands. Despite the stiff clutch, once warmed up the car is very smooth to drive, and as far as we could tell it never used a drop of oil the entire time. Very very good for a car that has an engine so large it sits and rocks the car at idle.

Both Alex and Carl now know the true identities of... well, you know.

Don's PA is an absolutely exquisite machine. Riding or driving in that car is a real-time flash back to days of yore when that car epitomized exactly what we are all trying to do today. No need whatsoever for any type of conversion or upgrade, in it's day it WAS the upgrade.

I agree with what you guys are saying about another day, couldn't spend it with a better group of people. Not at $185 a night though, there are a whole lot cheaper ways to go and I think it might not hurt us to look into some of those. Been awhile since I camped, but I haven't forgotten how.

Hope everyone makes it home safe and sound, and very much looking forward to Townsend.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: lars49 on June 14, 2013, 08:19:48 PM
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my time with you folks.  I hope I can make next year just as enjoyable.  The new tenative dates have been posted.

I got home last evening and was pleased to find the home intact.  Of all the people I know that live in the fire area, only one has lost his home.  The outlook is better today.  The fire area is to the north-east of town and not in the mountains.  If any want more info you can go here:  www.gazette.com.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Citron on June 14, 2013, 08:29:01 PM
We got home at 1:20 today.
Good trip.  Averaged 25 mpg for the 2800 miles we covered all week.
Had a great time and thanks again Bill.
Looking forward to next year.

Steve
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 14, 2013, 08:34:19 PM
Yup...I got the Blackwood boys dropped off in Florence, KY about 12:30pm at Jim's house. Got a quick tour of the shoppe (NICE!!!) then headed out.

Before I left the Cincinnati area, I stopped by the workplace of a friend of mine who I had not seen since 1986. You know you have a good friend when you can pick up a conversation from where it got dropped off yesterday....only 27 years later!

Jean and I had a GREAT time in Omaha....The Lumberjack did a fantastic job with BritishV8 2013!

We (Jean and I, Carl Floyd, Mike Moor, Tim Duhamel, and the Blackwood Boys) made a brief detour in LeClaire, IA on the way home yesterday to visit Antique Archaeology (American Pickers) small shoppe.

Interesting place...but nothing we could not live without.

RickandVanett6-14-13.jpg

MajesticMGBs.jpg

SpuriousPickers.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: kstevusa on June 15, 2013, 08:49:29 AM
Richard and I arrived back at my home around 3:00 PM Friday.  Made a stop at Casino Queen Hotel & Casino in E. St. Louis and then made a brief stop in Nashville for Richard to see some of our Bi-Centennial Mall near state capital.  Enjoyed seeing everyone and Omaha also. SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: MGBV8 on June 15, 2013, 09:45:38 AM
I finally made it back after rerouting thru southeast Kentucky & southwest Virginia. By far the best scenery of the whole week.

2267 miles round trip, averaging 25-26 mpg. Except on track day, where I averaged 9.3 mpg.

A big thank you  to Bill Young for putting together another fantastic British V8 Meet. Great times with awesome people!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Preform Resources on June 15, 2013, 05:34:38 PM
We had a great time, great to see everyone I knew and meeting many others, like my buddy Kent said " a really nice bunch of people who don't mind sharing info  about how they built their cars" I have to agree that this forum and all the folks who participate
here are VERY informative, if you have the least bit of interest in British cars and modifying them, it would behoove you to attend
these gatherings. Thanks everyone.
Dave
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 15, 2013, 05:57:19 PM
What a great time we had in Omaha! With going to the MAM raceway , round trip was 3225 miles. I would load up and do it all over again next week if it was on the books in a heart beat. I Think some of us would go for cabin's, a camp fire in the near future. It would keep down the cost to have an extra day, and motel/hotel close by. It makes it a little closer group of people, which we already are.

I agree Bill did a great job! ( Man cave candles look great on the mantle).Where did that sign come from? I saw the same sign in Jay Smith's video ?  Is that where it came from?
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: tr6turbo on June 16, 2013, 04:06:21 PM
Got home late Thursday night.  No problems for me but Larry Shimp did.  He was pulled over along I80.  I turned around to go back to help.  He already had a tow truck coming to take him back to a Ford dealer.  The roll pin that retains the distributor gear came out.  

Spent some of Friday and most of Saturday repairing my broken panhard bar mount.  It broke at MAM during the open track event.  See photo.

Had a great time and looking forward to next year.

DSC00774.JPG
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Billava on June 16, 2013, 05:59:21 PM
I really had a great time in Omaha, you guys were very welcoming, and patient with all my dumb questions.  I was blown away by all of the fine engineering and workmanship on all of the vehicles, each with their own personal touches.  I appreciate you all spending the time to share all the tips and tricks to your particular customization, as I still am formulating a plan for my project.

So....after much consideration, it's final:  I'm installing a GM 5.0 litre v8, no, I mean a Rover 3.4 litre v6, or was that a 3.9 litre Ford..Buick LS1.. oh crap!  here we go again!

Bill
100_0407.JPG
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 16, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Max and Emily stopped by for lunch on their way home...they had continued westward to visit the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, and Crazy Horse Memorial post-BritishV8.

They plan on overnighting in Knoxville....then home to Raleigh/Durham tomorrow.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on June 16, 2013, 06:06:51 PM
Bill, so glad you got it all figured out...haha
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Billava on June 16, 2013, 06:13:23 PM
Look at the bright side, Mike, at least I have my wheels selected!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 16, 2013, 10:02:58 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself, Bill!

See you in August.....and again next year in Colorado Springs!
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: AL WULF on June 16, 2013, 11:51:28 PM
We arrived home about 3:30 PM MDT last Thursday.  Stopped to rest a couple times ate lunch in Ogallola and refueled.  Stopped in Ft. Morgan for Ice cream.  Great job Bill and crew.  Looking forward to next year.

Al
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Scott Costanzo on June 17, 2013, 12:22:00 PM
Artie and I got back around 6:30 PM EDT on Thursday. We actually surprised our wives and were able to go to dinner with them. I really, really enjoyed the meet. Thanks for all the hard work Bill and crew!

Take care

Scott
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: RMO 699F on June 17, 2013, 02:30:03 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Look at the bright side, Mike, at least I have my wheels selected!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Look at the bright side, Mike, at least I have my wheels selected)

Yep, Bill, they have your name on them :-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR-4rd on June 18, 2013, 12:29:01 AM
It was really nice meeting everyone in Omaha.  This was my first British V8 event, and I had a great time.  Can't wait for Colorado Springs in 2014!  The TR-4rd made it home just fine, but did develop an exhaust leak... so it's up in the air to get checked out.

Jay
P1010173-Copy.jpg
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 18, 2013, 02:25:36 AM
Just wait until next year...and the auction....I will take no prisoners!   You got off easy this year, considering your "rookie status".  <grin>
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR-4rd on June 18, 2013, 09:56:43 AM
Looking forward to it Rick!  ...but just look at those cool jack stands I already own.  ;-)
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Moderator on June 18, 2013, 10:29:20 AM
Wow. Those ARE cool jackstands.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 18, 2013, 10:36:38 AM
So you're a jackstand collector??!  Yet ours were not good enough for you. We'll have to do something about that.

Jim
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 18, 2013, 09:27:35 PM
Yup......you COULD HAVE had Canadian autographed jack stands.....BUT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    <grin>
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR-4rd on June 19, 2013, 12:47:00 AM
I know... what was I thinking???
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Phillip G on June 19, 2013, 10:30:08 AM
Guys,

This, too, was my first Brit V8 (& V6) event and I only wish I could have been on hand for more of the good times.
But the time I did have for my good times with the Brit V8/V6 gathering  was wonderful.  Just hope I can be on hand for the next. one.

keep them on the track,  

phillip g
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: Bill Young on June 19, 2013, 08:05:05 PM
Phil, you and Robert need to know that the real fun is sitting around swapping lies and drinking Bass with the boys. You just scratched the surface at the track. It's a shame that you guys couldn't stay longer.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: TR6-6SPD on June 20, 2013, 05:03:57 PM
A little late posting but we only returned home Tuesday afternoon after 13 days on the road. One of the missions, Turtle Rescuing. They don't cross the road quickly so as we spotted them, we'd brake hard, stop, pick them up and complete their crossing. Here's a few of the ones we photograghed:

Little guy:
IMG_6366.JPG

Big old Nebraska Bugger:
IMG_6449.JPG

He tried to claw Katie's fingers:
IMG_6450.JPG

Nice eyes:
IMG_6743.JPG

-Highlights of the trip:
-British V8/V6 - Thanks Bill Young and friends
-Jaguar Club of North America, Challenge Championship, June 12th to 16th, Richmond Va..
-Nashville, Country Music Awards.

Stats of the trip:

13 days, 4,600 miles

Endurance run:
Omaha, Ne. to Richmond, Va. in 20 hours, total of 1,303 miles
Used 48.8 US gallons fuel on that run giving 26.7 miles/US gal or 32 miles/imp. gal. travelling 70-90 m/hr.
Title: Re: British V8/V6 2013
Post by: mowog1 on June 20, 2013, 08:21:21 PM
So....you and Katie DO stop at Shell Stations across North America!   <grin>