Fellow British car enthusiasts, I need your help.
First: Keep those registrations coming in. We have 23 registrants so far, but I know more are coming. At least let me know your intentions.
Second: We need donations of items for door prizes and our auction. So far I've received items from Jeff Zorn at LBCARCO and the people at Triple C for door prizes. We need more, so if you have a way , please feel free to help in this area. Auction items include a Digital Exhaust Analyser from Classic Conversions and a beautiful, handkrafted MG embossed snack platter fom Judy Lathrop. We need more items, as our "official" auctioneer, Pete Mantell, is bringing his gavel along. Lets put him to work.
Third: Lets get those valve cover racers in production. Curtis won last year by default. Let's not duplicate those results this year. The track is ready, come on racers!
With all that's happened recently, let's focus on having some fun,
Paul and Mary
You should have just receieved my registration.
Paul,
My wife will make 5 key chains, embrorderd with the British flag and British V8 2008 on them.
Hope you can use them as door prizes or something.
Steve
Hi Paul,
FYI - I will be bringing items along for the auction also.
Regards
Pete
My valve cover racer needs an addition of some weight to meet the rules and some minor tune up work, oil the bearings etc and it's ready to go. Looks like I'll be able to race it myself, so won't need a volunteer for that. I still have to send in my registration, waiting for my economic stimulus check so I can stimulate the British V8 economy a bit.
I can't bring the Midget, hope you guys will allow me to tag along in the "Screaming Yellow Zonker" Subaru.
Paul,
The key chains did not look very good. We did tote bags instead. They are Chrome color (grey) and have the British flag and British v8 2008 on them.
Steve
HEY Paul,
I'm there, and warn Carl, Barney is coming!!!! Autocross wars :)))))
Steve Carrick
:-)
Might not be much of a war. I haven't gotten tranny back in (or the bellhousing dialed in).
http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?40,835957
Turns out I need new wheel bearings & a rack boot, too.
Jeepers Carl,
You still have at least 5 days to "git-r-done". It wouldn't be a "legitimate" autocross without your participation. We don't want any asterisks(*) in our record books.
Get werk'n,
Paul and Mary
I cannot for the life of me find the last thread that gives the order of things to do at the MGBV8 meet. Help Thank you
Do you mean the preliminary schedule of activities that's posted under the "Meetings" navigation button? I haven't received any newer or more detailed information than what appears there.
Come on Carl, get it done, I'm dragging Barney out of moth balls just to give ya a run for your money!!!
Steve :)))
Okay, but I still have to change a rack boot, fill the tranny, put grease in the rearend, put the wheels on, finish the new breather system, pack, oh yeah take a shower & go to bed.
7/13/08
Many paraticipants arrived last night...it's going to be a great event!
Most of us went to a pub downtown last night for supper...burgers/cheese curds/Guinness.
And then the parking lot party began....
Today will bring tech sessions with Jim Blackwood and the BADASS big block Buick conversion; a car weigh in with Pete Mantell; valve cover racing with Bill Young; and the Coup de Gras...a visit to Road America and an on-track tour this afternoon.
Pictures and more verbiage later....
7/14/08
Today's tech sessions included a walking tour of BADASS, the big block buick, as well as a mini-work session on it.
Off to Road America this afternoon where we watched the Porsche club have a track day; got a walking tour of the Control Room, the Press Room, and out onto the flag catwalk at the start/finish line. We watched a B-17 fly over the track as well!
We were all offered the opportunity to drive the 4.08 (?) mile circuit...albeit behind a pace car...a very slooooooooooow pace car. (But it was still worth it!).
Then off to the village of Elkhart Lake and a visit to Siebkens Bar.
Tonight was a pizza/beer/pop party in the parking lot hosted by Ted Lathrop of Fast Cars, Inc...followed by an organizational meeting for Project BADASS.
More later!
Tomorrow we're headed over to the EAA museum near Oshkosh....then more tire kicking and lie swapping.
Spuriites invade Siebkens:
SpuriitesinvadeSiebkens.jpg
Spuriites invade Siebkens:
Here's a picture of the Spuriites at Siebkens:
FR: Dave "Big Daddy" Kirkman, Ted "Cross Member" Lathrop, Steve "Barney" Carrick
MR: Mike "El Pez" Maloney, Rick "Pender Diplomatic Advsor" Ingram, Richard "Fibre" Moor
BR: Carl "Earl of WTO" Floyd, Graham "Connoisseur of Pigs & Thrupennies" Creswick, Pete "Bait" Mantell, Max "Flounder" Fulton
A good time was had by all.
SpuriitesinvadeSiebkens.jpg
A bunch of grey haired dudes, drink'n beer!!! Damn, I wish I was there, I'd fit right in!! :-)
My grey isn't as prevalent as most in the picture, but I'd still fit right in -- and wish I were there!!
Today (Wednesday) saw autocross action in the hotel parking lot. A tight course kept speeds down...and Carl Floyd retained his crown as Autocross King.
Tech sessions this afternoon provided by Pete Mantell (brakes); Bill Guzman (brakes and four-link rear end; and Steve Carrick (who announced that he will be taking on the task of providing the wiring harnesses of Advance Autowire)
An early dinner with raffles and an auction was a new concept and was well received.
Another British V8 draws to a close...much too early!
Kudos to Paul and Mary Schils for a job well done!
Please, for the love of god, PICTURES!!! I'm suffering big time. I just missed the v8 meet, and today all my local lbc friends are caravanning to Road America for a three day weekend of races. And here I sit at my desk...
mowog1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BR: Carl "Earl of WTO" Floyd,
Err, that would be the "Earl of WFO", thank you very much. :-)
Here are a few photos I posted on snapfish. http://www2.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=237529416/a=132619650_132619650/t_=132619650
You may have to sign up but it's free and they don't ask for any detailed information except your e-mail address.
Had a great time and lots of thanks to Paul and Mary for hosting the event, it was great.
Project Roadmaster made it's first public appearance, here are the B.A.D.A.S.S. officers assuming the position with the car.
DSCF0625.JPG
Here's a picture of the warbird flyover on Wednsday, courtesy of Alex Mantell, Pete's son:
B25overPortWashington.jpg
And the B17:
B17overPortWashington.jpg
I think you should post the picture with the V6 guy in the background.
Those blotles are Root Beer.
V6 MGB's at Wisconsin V8 meet
DSC02420.jpg
classic conversions Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you should post the picture with the V6
> guy in the background.
> Those blotles are Root Beer.
But, at that point in time, that guy was not Spurious.
:)
Here are some more autocross photos:
Jim
MVC-702S.JPG
Walking the course
MVC-704S.JPG
MVC-705S.JPG
MVC-706S.JPG
Carl taking nap after his victory run
DSC02410.jpg
Nope. Wrong. He was disengaging the gravity G force magnets and Nitrous bottle.
-BMC.
That car is just easy to drive fast. Before we started I ran it through the course to get a baseline time and didn't push it at all, but still turned a 59. That turned out to be just 5 seconds off the lead time without even squealing a tire. Have to give Carl credit, he knows what he's doing. I don't think there was any nitrous, but the magnets? Well, maybe....
Jim
I saw it Jim. I'm telling you. Nitrous and magnets.
-BMC.
;-)