BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: roverman on May 21, 2012, 02:29:44 PM

Title: Muncie 4 speed in a TR-7/8 ?
Post by: roverman on May 21, 2012, 02:29:44 PM
If so, and using a Hurst shifter, which one ? They list (3) different designs.  I'm trying to keep the Triumph hole location. Anyone ?  Thanks, roverman.
Title: Re: Muncie 4 speed in a TR-7/8 ?
Post by: WedgeWorks1 on May 22, 2012, 08:24:14 PM
The Group 44 #4 TR8 got converted to a nascar 4 speed gearbox and with that car it was made so the transmission was to come out from the top like a TR6. I hve some pictures if you need them.
Title: Re: Muncie 4 speed in a TR-7/8 ?
Post by: roverman on May 23, 2012, 01:49:22 PM
Thanks Mike, but it would be "my bad', were I to modify the car needlessly. I'm trying to gain insight for the best design Hurst shifter, without cutting the floor.  Your thoughts on using SD-1 rover struts on the front ? I'm concerened about the "puney"TR 8 spindle sizes, ie. the car should develop more spindle loads, with newer design slicks, vs when car was built. Cheers, roverman.