BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: denvermgb on April 25, 2012, 08:32:53 PM

Title: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: denvermgb on April 25, 2012, 08:32:53 PM
Got invited to cruise with the Mile Hi Cobra Club Sunday.  What a beautiful day to drive in the Rocky Mtns.  We started in Aurora, picked up some additional members in Morrison, then went to Cripple Creek, taking the back way through some very twisty roads. My car ran perfectly, even ascending to 10,000 feet. Lots of interest in my car.  At lunch in Cripple Creek, I was able to talk to several of the guys who had built their cars.  Their discussion was about many of the things I read about on this forum regarding T5 trannies, wheels/tires, rear diffs, etc.
I realize I do not spend as much time on this forum (versus the MG Experience) as I should.  I think the threads here are much more germain to my project. I am in process of completing the hood scoop (waiting for my tranny from the shop).  Next is the install of my V8 T5 that is in the shop now to be rebuilt, then I will be welding in new floors. I really haven't tackled the body work, as I want to have evrything mechanically where I want it first.
I do find the threads here are very informative - I really appreciate the insights from you guys.

Brad
cobracruise2.jpg
Title: Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: mgbv81970 on May 04, 2012, 02:09:50 PM
I'm jealous!  How could you NOT enjoy a day of mountain driving in a high powered MG, in the company of Cobras?  I'm very close to getting on the road and plan on lots of mountain drives.  Look for me this fall at the British Conclave, I'll be the guy with the shiny red car with (probably) bald back tires!!

Thanks for sharing  :)

Scott
Title: Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: denvermgb on May 08, 2012, 08:31:11 AM
Scott,

I look forward to meeting you!  I drive through your town often on business and I used to work for a company in Frederick.  Perhaps we could meet up at the Golden show which is first Saturday of the month?  I usually go with one or two of the Cobra guys.

Brad
Title: Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: mgbv81970 on May 08, 2012, 02:50:23 PM
Brad, I still have tons of things to finish up on the car.  I'm waiting for my new flywheel to arrive, then balance rotating group, then assemble engine, then numerous details.  All body and paint, rear end, tranny, electrical, radiator, etc. DONE.  Looks like it might be July before I get it on the road, but I welcome anyone who's in my neighborhood to drop by if you're curious.  

Rock on

Scott
Title: Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: denvermgb on May 08, 2012, 11:49:10 PM
Scott,

PM me with your email and/or phone number, I'd love to come by and see your car or help out.  I have some rear shock issues right now, but I hope to be back on the road this weekend.

Brad
Title: Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Post by: MrNick on August 13, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
Very nice. I really need to get my conversion finished and come hang around with you.