BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: NCtim on April 25, 2012, 12:45:34 PM

Title: Wheels
Post by: NCtim on April 25, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
Hey Gang,

Looking for wheels like this for the MGB project:

Thumb_6UL40ScW.jpg


Anyone have an idea where to look?

Thanks,
NCtim

http://949racing.com/15x7-6UL-wheels.aspx
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: mstemp on April 25, 2012, 01:02:57 PM
Sure, 949 Racing! Just need to change over to 4x100 mm bolt patern.
Can be done. Or you can find something else in teh 4x114 standard. Oh but you knew that right.

If you find a wheel like the 949 please let us know. Like those plus they are super light.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: Bill Young on April 25, 2012, 03:22:43 PM
A quick reference for a lot of different brands and styles is available on the Tire Rack web site. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/wheel-brands.jsp  Tons of options for you to choose from. Not all would be available in the MGB pattern, but you might luck out.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: MGBV8 on April 25, 2012, 03:41:13 PM
Been down that trail many, many hours.....
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: DiDueColpi on April 26, 2012, 02:02:04 AM
Try carid.com under custom wheels
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: NCtim on April 26, 2012, 05:51:25 PM
Thanks guys. My boss has these on his miata that he autocrosses and I love the look. If I can't get something to fit the MG pattern maybe I'll go ninja and put the rearend from the Miata in the MG and change out the front hubs. Anybody ever do that?

Cheers,
NCtim
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: WernerVC on April 26, 2012, 10:00:33 PM
I was also thinking on using the rear end of an early Miata. They are easy to find and cheap. With is about 4 inches wider I believe. You can cut the frame or go with the wider look. Don't know how it would affect the road handling.
Werner
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: pspeaks on April 26, 2012, 10:28:36 PM
I went to the carid.com web site and found lots of wheels I liked but the site doesn't list MG.  What car is the same as MG?

Paul
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: mstemp on April 27, 2012, 01:22:57 PM
Try 1990 Honda Accord for 4x114.3 mm and around 35-38mm offset in 15x7" wheels.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: NCtim on April 27, 2012, 04:27:45 PM
Nissan Sentra has the same pattern as thde MGB also.

NCtim
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: pspeaks on April 27, 2012, 11:55:18 PM
Thanks guys, that makes it a lot eaiser to track down.

Paul
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: Preform Resources on April 28, 2012, 08:41:29 PM
Datsun, ford mustang and maverick were 4x4.5 pattern, but you can get wheel adaptors to any bolt pattern, which may ba a pia
but, you can get good deals on wheels that approximate what you're looking for!
Dave Craddock
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: Anonymous User on May 03, 2012, 02:33:31 AM
This wheel is the most essential things for all vehicles of the world.I use this wheel to my car and it is most comfortable for use and strongest also.So for that I choice it very much.Look it's glummer ---so nice to look also.What should I need to her.The car is my girl friend.I love her so much.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: Moderator on May 03, 2012, 10:38:16 AM
Glummer? I don't know if I'd go that far!
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: pspeaks on June 06, 2012, 02:44:53 AM
I just checked with Konig and they said they manufacture their Rewind wheel, which is the same as a mini light, but with a 0mm offset.  They say it's exactly what I need, but I don't see how I can make that work.  Wished I could, they're only about $115 each.  I'll keep looking!

Paul
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: mstemp on June 06, 2012, 09:25:50 AM
Paul,

If that is the style you want (rewind), Rota makes a version too that is avail in all kinds of offsets in 4x114.3.
Search Rota RB.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: smelfi on June 06, 2012, 09:41:10 AM
Here's a web site with a large data base of wheel bolt pattern cross references. The link I've attached goes directly to the 4 X 4.5 data base.
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=4&StudSpreadInch=4.5&StudSpreadMM=
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: MGBV8 on June 06, 2012, 12:42:05 PM
Paul,

Zero offset only works if you are flaring the wheel wells.
Title: Re: Wheels
Post by: pspeaks on June 07, 2012, 03:21:35 AM
That was my conclusion also Carl.  I'm thinking of having it repainted and probably won't order the new tires and wheels until then so I'll have time to think over my selection.  I don't have any room in my garage to store them anyway.

Paul