BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: mowog1 on April 05, 2012, 11:33:11 AM

Title: The Roadmaster
Post by: mowog1 on April 05, 2012, 11:33:11 AM
Here's another picture of the Roadmaster - a 1968 MGB/GT with a Buick 455 big block and other spurious upgrades.

See it in person - and meet BritishV8 moderator, Curtis Jacobson, at The Mitty!

DurhamBadass.jpg

Mitty2012.jpg
Title: Re: The Roadmaster
Post by: NCtim on April 05, 2012, 12:37:32 PM
Wow!
Title: Re: The Roadmaster
Post by: Moderator on April 24, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
Well, I'm packing right now for the Mitty. My flight leaves early tomorrow morning.

Are any of you guys coming?  Speak up now!  


The Roadmaster and I will be there all four days.  I'm registered as "Crew" for Craig and Derek Chima, but I'll actually be camping in the paddock each night down the row from them... with MGB GT V8 racer Jerry Richards.   I think the car show that's at and around the Classic Motorsports tent is really only Saturday (maybe Sunday too?)  One benefit of the Crew pass is that it means I'll be able to park the Roadmaster in the paddock when the car show isn't going on, keep an eye on it at night, etc., etc. - and besides, at a vintage race the paddock is the best place for spectators to be all weekend. Look for us there!  


Just for reference... in the paddock, Roadmaster is likely to be parked near these beasts:

Craig's Lotus Seven
(http://www.britishracecar.com/CraigChima-Lotus-Seven/CraigChima-Lotus-Seven-AA.jpg)

Jerry's MGB GT V8
(http://www.britishracecar.com/JerryRichards-MG-MGBGTV8-2/JerryRichards-MG-MGBGTV8-2-AD.jpg)
(and that white trailer in the background... that's my room.)
Title: Re: The Roadmaster
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 24, 2012, 06:56:46 PM
Sounds really great Curtis. A friend of mine who has helped out some on the project thought it'd be a good idea for you to invite the editors of some British  car magazines in for a show-n-tell and a ride. Is that something that Rick could help out with, or are we too late?

Jim
Title: Re: The Roadmaster
Post by: Moderator on April 24, 2012, 08:29:18 PM
I'd certainly enjoy doing so... but I'm not sure who those editors might be.  What magazines? Tim from Classic Motorsports, of course. I think Moss Motors publishes a free magazine called British Motoring. Who else?
Title: Re: The Roadmaster
Post by: Dan B on April 25, 2012, 09:54:50 AM
Curtis, I love the Mitty!  What a great venue for the Roadmaster.  Are you going to take it around the track?
Title: Re: The Roadmaster, Hemmings ?
Post by: roverman on April 25, 2012, 01:44:36 PM
They have embraced hot rods now, so seems like a fit ?  Good Luck, roverman.