BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on February 09, 2012, 03:35:00 PM

Title: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: Moderator on February 09, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
Some people make our hobby look easy!

See it here: <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DarrellLevine.htm">Darrell Levine's 1978 MGB with Buick 231cid V6 Engine</a>

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DarrellLevine/DarrellLevine-AA.JPG)

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DarrellLevine/DarrellLevine-BA.JPG)
Title: Re: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: ex-tyke on February 09, 2012, 06:47:20 PM
Wait a minute! - I know that Saguaros don't grow in Winnipeg......must have had a MG vacation in Arizona.
Nice clean build Darrell, and I see that you've retained the heater for those not-so-warm Manitoba Winters.
Title: Re: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 09, 2012, 11:21:19 PM
Looks like it's tucked in there nice and neat. That would have been before the bellhousing pattern was changed to the small GM corporate pattern, right? And I'm thinking that engine has taller intake ports? Probably the one that the TA aluminum heads fit. Looks like a sweet ride.

Jim
Title: Re: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: djw090 on February 10, 2012, 08:39:23 AM
The use of the standard MG 'box and o/d is interesting. You don't see that too often with conversions.
Title: Re: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: mgbreis on February 10, 2012, 10:17:53 AM
Darrell is on the mgexperience and I remember when his car got rear ended. If I'm correct I think he was towing it on a dolly on the interstate in North Dakota and got rear ended by a girl on a cellphone. The replacement sure turned out nice!
Title: Re: new to gallery... a Buick V6 powered MGB
Post by: mgb260 on February 10, 2012, 02:05:11 PM
Jim B, Most 85-87 Buick 3.8 are FWD and small V6 bellhousing pattern. Last RWD were Turbo GN and Regal.My favorite V6 to run carb. Remember  the old thread on front covers with gerotor oil pumps. Some 86 were roller cammed too.