BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: deltadave on January 08, 2012, 01:33:36 PM

Title: Great car, what is it?
Post by: deltadave on January 08, 2012, 01:33:36 PM
That ever happen to you? As I've said before I grew up in Watkins Glen, a sports car community and my family had many Brit cars and a couple Italian ones. I probably give people a strange look, when they see my MG/TD and say "Great car, what is it"?, and then "is that real or a kit car" When I was a kid I could tell a TC from a TD, but I guess I'm lucky my Dad gave me the love of cars. I'm proud of my TD and take the time to tell people about the car. Oh well, just bored on a winter day and thinking about  stuff.

  If anyone is interested, Michael Argentsinger has a new book "F1 at Watkins Glen". A collection of photos looking back at the twenty year history of F1 at the Glen.
Title: Re: Great car, what is it? What's a Jensen Healey ?
Post by: roverman on January 08, 2012, 02:44:30 PM
Dave, Yea I get that sometimes, at least they don't ask if it's an Edsel. I expect to hear it more went it morphs into "AC 6.1".Cheers, roverman.
Title: Re: Great car, what is it?
Post by: ex-tyke on January 08, 2012, 05:21:20 PM
It almost feels like I grew up in Watkins Glen - have been to many vintage car race weekends over the years......and barring unforeseen circumstances,  I'll be there again this year (Sept.7-9/12)
 http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2011/US-Vintage-Grand-Prix.aspx
......featured marque this year is the Ford Mustang.