BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: mowog1 on November 20, 2011, 05:27:52 PM

Title: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on November 20, 2011, 05:27:52 PM
It's a SHREVEPORT RENDEVOUS !!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks to the hard work of Kelly Stevenson, we have arranged for a block of 25 rooms at the Best Western Chateau Suites Hotel in Shreveport, LA for one night, Saturday - May 19th, as a meeting spot prior to arriving in Palestine, TX the next day (Sunday - May 20th) for BritishV8 2012. It appears that many of us coming in from the north or the east will be passing through Shreveport on our way to Palestine (which is near Tyler, TX ). Shreveport will be an easy 11 hour run for Jean and me! Palestine is only a couple of hours drive from Shreveport (at ~135 miles). (Those of you coming in from the west or south are more than welcome to join us!)  
 
Here's the pertinent poop:
 
YOU MUST MAKE YOUR RESERVATION THROUGH THE SALES OFFICE WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR CALL!
 
318-222-7620
Ask for the Sales Office
Group Code - BritV8
$99.99 inclusive!
 
Best Western Chateau Suite Hotel
Exit 19A on I-20
201 Lake Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
 
Our rate is $99.99 and includes all taxes and parking. We are working on getting some casino vouchers; I believe that the Best Western provides a continental breakfast.
 
You must make your reservation by Monday, May 14th in order to get our group rate.
 
Should you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so by Monday, May 14th in order for your credit card NOT to be charged.
 
Kelly, thank you for your efforts....this will be a fun night followed by a fun three days in Palestine!
 
Spuriously yours...........
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: lawnvett on November 21, 2011, 06:36:31 PM
wouldn't want to miss this party
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: rficalora on November 22, 2011, 05:04:20 PM
Yep.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go out of my way to make this "on the way" stop. :)
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on November 23, 2011, 08:09:28 AM
Got mine!  expecting a great warm-up!
 SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: Spitfire 350 on December 16, 2011, 12:20:32 PM
I reserved a room today. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: wkube on January 22, 2012, 06:57:50 AM
Hey, guys!  Looking forward to everyone coming to East Texas!

The registration forms are now on the site at the Meetings page.

There is more info at http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,21051,page=3

See you in May!

Wayne Kube
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on March 07, 2012, 09:05:25 AM
Bump       Time's shorter  now, room block cutoff is late April,  don't miss out.  You will need the PRACTICE for Palestine :)
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on March 07, 2012, 10:24:48 PM
How many rooms have been taken out of our block, Kelly?
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: Merv on April 10, 2012, 02:36:02 PM
Kelly, seeing that Shreveport is such a large town, I'm sure that they have a Tim Horton's. I just noticed (reading my neighbors ARRP information), that AARP has a great deal going with Dunkin' Donuts that if you order a large coffee you get a free Donut. I figured that I would ask some of the older people in this group if Timmy's also have such an arrangement.
Pretty important information to know when you are traveling cross country.
Merv
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on April 10, 2012, 05:42:44 PM
Well Merv, once upon a time in my younger years, I may have been the target for a Donut toss, DUNKIN' OR HORTON'S, but the target is too difficult now:)  Need to ck and see if there is Hooters in either Bossier City or Shreveport.  Look fwd to seeing all the friends!  
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: Spitfire 350 on April 19, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
Hey people, only 30 days, is everyone's car and attitude ready for some fun?
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: rficalora on April 19, 2012, 04:27:32 PM
Car - ready enough.  Attitude - more than ready :).
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: lawnvett on April 20, 2012, 08:19:24 PM
I'm ready, car not quite but will be in another week.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on April 25, 2012, 07:56:53 AM
All near-by  >Tx, La, Ark, Miss, Ok,Mizoo,and others are welcomed to to the Warm_up.  Some on by.  We should begin gathering around 6:00PM CDT and maybe earlier.   See the current, past conversions and create the future!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on May 17, 2012, 07:26:35 AM
See you there!                    SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: rficalora on May 17, 2012, 07:57:12 AM
Have fun Kelly & all.  Going to miss the warm up.  Younger son turned 13 last weekend & w/mothers day several of his friends were out of town so we're celebrating this Saturday.. See you in Palestine Sunday early evening.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: lawnvett on May 17, 2012, 09:20:05 AM
I do not have hotel reservations in Shrevport as of thurs 5-17 at 9 am est;  anyone know if it is still possible to get a room at the host hotel? 2nd ? what other hotels are close by ?

I was not sure months ago when registering for the event  whether I would be able to do the Sat meet up but now it seems viable.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: lawnvett on May 17, 2012, 09:48:51 AM
i did leave a message with the sales office to try for a room with the group Brit V8, yeah I know I'm several days.  Just thought there might be a cxl, if one of you has already paid for a room and can not use it give me a shout and if we can work it out I will pay you.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: Spitfire 350 on May 17, 2012, 09:55:40 AM
Sent PM
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on May 18, 2012, 09:36:00 PM
Carrick and the Ingrams are 303 miles away from Shreveport; will be arriving early afternoon.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: socorob on May 18, 2012, 10:25:41 PM
I hope yall have a great time. Im really bummed as I live about 4-5 hours away in La, but have a mandatory class for work I have to attend this weekend that wont let me make it. i hope someone(s) is bringing a video camera and youtube account.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on May 19, 2012, 04:41:11 PM
Breakfast this morning at Waffle House. No grits more me, thank you. And this WH had the SLICKEST floor I've ever experienced. Arkansas has the worst case of Lane Bandits that I've ever experienced. Arrived in Shreveport, LA about 2pm local time.

Like · · 15 minutes ago ·







Breakfast this morning at Waffle House. No grits more me, thank you. And this WH had the SLICKEST floor I've ever experienced. Arkansas has the worst case of Lane Bandits that I've ever experienced. Arrived in Shreveport, LA about 2pm local time.
 
Steve deGroat, PJ Lenihan, Ken Nix, Merv Hagen, Ted Lathrop, Steve Carrick, and I so far...We got the last room on the first floor...and the closest room to the hotel bar. Life is good.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on May 19, 2012, 05:02:19 PM
As for breakfast on sunday morning...appears to be a good breakfast buffet right here at the hotel....
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: lawnvett on May 19, 2012, 05:16:45 PM
What are the plans for dinner tonight in Shreveport?
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on May 20, 2012, 08:36:39 AM
We here in Shreveport plan on leaving the Best Western Chateau Suites parking lot at 11am to head towards Palestine.
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: kstevusa on May 20, 2012, 09:29:27 PM
Thanks to all who gathered at the Best Western for the Warm-Up.  We had a great time and fabulous meal at a local seafood resturant.  Short drive to Palestine and Wayne had a great  cookout meal. Ve ry good turnout also.  more to followlater,
Its Dickel Time!
Title: Re: pre-British V8 2012 Shreveport Rendevous! ... May 19th
Post by: mowog1 on May 25, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
Kelly...the Rendevous in Shreveport was an EXCELLENT idea...and enjoyed by all in attendance.

THANK YOU for coordinating this ancillary activity of BritishV8 2012!