http://www.ashleygt.co.uk/
Wow... what a beautiful transformation.
Looks like they may not want to ship though?
I wouldn't mind building one of these for my wife. Spridgets around here are incredibly cheap to purchase.
Prices are good also, right now $1.5 to one British Lb. I'm sure you could find shipping but would be expensive. Best bet would be for Moss to catalog it.
QuoteBest bet would be for Moss to catalog it.
Don't hold your breath. Resellers are reluctant to invest in inventory that (a) doesn't turn over quickly, (b) takes a lot of storage space, (c) has relatively high shipping/packaging costs, and (d) is easily damaged in shipping or by a botched installation. Drop-shipping from UK to North America isn't a great option because of long lead times and because it defeats economies of scale. Moss has been burned on MGB Sebring fenders, and no longer catalogs them.
Another idea, find out how they ship Hawk Cobra bodies from England to U.S. and South African GT40's to U.S. Maybe they wait until they get multiple orders and use one large crate with them stacked inside. Maybe 3rd party shipping co? I know our mill ships paper to Taiwan and China cheaper than to Colorado because the ships want to go back loaded. Maybe there is a U.S. ship that will give a cut rate if they have a lightly loaded ship coming back to the U.S.
I like the Spitfire GT kit too!
Hey Mike, I like that kit too. The guys on the Experience Spitfire board hated it! Bunch of purists! LOL
All the purists dislike the modified cars, no matter how good they look, leaves plenty of room for those that dare to be different!
Dave Craddock