I am in hopes that this will become another cool community for me to hang out in. I have classic Mustangs and hang around the stangfix for advice and assistance.
I recently came into a real basket case 1968 Spitfire. It is in complete pieces, two bonnets, trunk lid, body, chassis with two front wheels and a differential, oh, I got a fuel tank as well.
Since it was free, I would like to start with the chassis and fit it for a SBF and TKO 5spd. Not sure where to go from here with it until I can actually find the time to work on it. I have a 65 Mustang I am working on right now.
Anyway, I am in SoUtah, USA and look forward to making some new friends and learning something along the way.
Thanks,
Mel Hewitt
Welcome to the forum, Mel. Maybe you can get some inspiration from some of the Spits and GT conversions in the photo gallery.......like this one.
http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/MattKline.htm
The engine is going to be something else to fit but a Ford T5 is going to be slightly easier than the GM T5 due to shape. A TKO is probably more than you need to carry that light weight car around.
-BMC.
Welcome Mel, another "Blue Oval " is good! THe 5.0L. is great choice sine you all ready know it. Good Luck!