BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Keith on June 24, 2011, 12:52:12 AM

Title: Video of the LS1 MGB GT
Post by: Keith on June 24, 2011, 12:52:12 AM
A little video showing what it's like to drive the car. Not the greatest camera angles - there's one on the rear glass that makes the car look like a Volvo wagon - but I'll learn. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7D0gPZEMP0
Title: Re: Video of the LS1 MGB GT
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 24, 2011, 07:36:45 PM
Nice Keith,

I have a question for you? What mufflers did you use? I seems very quiet. My car seems to be way louder that yours, now I'm trying to quiet it down some for the droaning I have at about 2000 rpm's.

Calvin
Title: Re: Video of the LS1 MGB GT
Post by: Keith on June 24, 2011, 08:40:43 PM
It's not quite as quiet as it seems in the video, but I did try to keep it reasonable. I want to take this car on some road trips and the coupe can boom if you're not careful.

They're Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers with a 2.5" inlet and outlet. I also put some Dynatech Vortex Cones in the collectors and paid a lot of attention to sound deadening. There's an x-pipe under the body. It sounds pretty good, it's what I wanted. Well, when I can keep part of the exhaust system from leaning up against part of the body, anyhow. You can see a picture here: http://www.slowcarfast.com/MG/diary.php?UID=528
Title: Re: Video of the LS1 MGB GT
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 26, 2011, 12:42:49 PM
Nice work Keith. I think you can be justifiably proud of your results, and it's obviously going to be worth it just in miles of smiles.

JB