BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: mowog1 on May 27, 2011, 11:02:16 PM

Title: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on May 27, 2011, 11:02:16 PM
My V8 was fired up and running on all eight cylinders for the first time in ten years today.

There truly is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 27, 2011, 11:26:43 PM
Man, that's great news Rick! Bet you're like a kid at Christmas.

JB
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: MGBV8 on May 27, 2011, 11:42:16 PM
Pinch me!  :)

Congrats, Rick!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: rficalora on May 28, 2011, 09:56:13 AM
That is awesome Rick!!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: Doc Hopalongfoot on May 29, 2011, 01:35:14 AM
Super news Rick, wish I could say the same about mine.
Marc
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: Dan B on May 29, 2011, 10:29:03 AM
YESSS!!!!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: RMO 699F on May 29, 2011, 06:48:30 PM
Way to go Rick! Reno here we come!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: flitner on May 29, 2011, 10:54:46 PM
What Marc Said!!!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: pspeaks on May 30, 2011, 12:17:49 AM
Congrats Rick, I've that hurtle to jump yet.  I had to sell my T-Bucket because one of my kids is getting a divorce and needed money.  I told them I've had the MG longer than any of them so they could take a hike before it did.  Now I've got room in the garage and the sexy little British car can get the attention it deserves.  You're an inspiration Rick, keep the motivation coming!!!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on June 04, 2011, 11:54:47 PM
Undercarriage as of today - for all practical purposes this aspect of the car is finished. We need to re-bleed the brakes and clutch as well as set the four link and check the pinion angle.

A/C needs to be charged and a bunch of little tasks completed.

Hopefully, the first test-drive will take place tomorrow (6/5) and a good shakedown run on Monday.

Undercarriage6-4-11.jpg
Undercarriage June 4, 2011

DashPanel5-30-11.jpg
Dash Panel

FieroSeatInstall.jpg
Fiero Seat Install

Enginebay7-1-11.jpg
Engine Bay July 1, 2011
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 05, 2011, 11:37:45 AM
Looking real good Rick.

Are Triumphs allowed to show up in Reno with the MGs?

May just take a ride over there to see whats cooking.

Calvin
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on June 05, 2011, 01:31:24 PM
Yes....we welcome all British car and their enthusiasts.
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on June 05, 2011, 06:57:01 PM
At approximately 4:45pm on Sunday, June 5th, 2011. I drove my MGB/GT V8 on a public road for the first time.

<GRIN!>

Underitsownpower6-5-11.jpg
Under its own power for the first time in over a decade!
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 05, 2011, 07:38:06 PM
Very Nice Rick, bet that felt real good!

I just might take that little over a 2 hour drive to Reno. Might be able to meet you in person Rick.

I'm sure I can get my wife Brenda to come for a 2 hour + ride in our TR6. The weather will be in the mid 70's there.

I might need your cell number :)

I wonder if Rob can make it over from Texas??

Calvin
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on June 05, 2011, 07:49:28 PM
I hope you do, Calvin!

I'll PM you with my contact numbers.
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: rficalora on June 05, 2011, 11:31:15 PM
Rick, congratulations!!  I bet you had a blast... tell us about it.

I'd love to head to Reno & see both Rick's GT & your TR6 Calvin -- and see Mike & others who'll be there.  Looks to be a 2 day drive each way + time there.  With the vacation time I took last month and a few days just last week (took the kids tubing on the Guadalupe & to Six Flags when they got out of School on Weds), I don't dare approach my boss for another week any time soon.
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on July 01, 2011, 01:47:09 PM
Well....MG2011 took a lot of time, as well as travel home...then real life took over again.

Hence the delay in my posting on the progress of this car.

The ride height has been set on the car (it has a nice stance, now!) This was pretty easy with the coil-over suspension on the front and the adjustable four-link with coil-overs on the rear.

Today, I will be connecting the a/c lines in preparation to getting the system charged with R134.

GT goes to the alignment shoppe on Thursday for front/rear alignment, a charging of the a/c system, and a power brake bleed. (The clutch seems to be in good shape.)

Also got my license tags for it this week!

I'll soon be ripping up the roads with the V8.
74BGT.jpg
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: Bill Young on July 01, 2011, 02:27:21 PM
I know you're going to have a lot of fun in that car. You and Pete be careful out there on those lonely country roads.
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on July 01, 2011, 06:49:59 PM
Drove it home from Pete's shoppe today.

Felt really good.

Little things to do to it....and some interior work.
Home-July12011.jpg
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: britcars on July 01, 2011, 07:27:36 PM
Congratulations Rick!!  Great looking ride.  I know that you will enjoy every minute.
Phil
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: MGBV8 on July 02, 2011, 09:51:19 AM
Congrats, Rick!  Thanks, Pete!

It's been a looong journey.   Let's see, the MGV8 Meet that you hosted in Champagne was in.....1999.   ;)

Now, to find some LBC roads...


BTW, what did you & Jean drive to Reno?
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: mowog1 on July 02, 2011, 11:59:21 AM
We took the 300ZX, Carl.

SaltFlats6-10-11_2.jpg
Bonneville Salt Flats - June 10th, 2011


TradingphotoopsonUT-128.jpg
Outside of Moab, UT on SR128 - June 9th, 2011


AdieuReno6-17-11.jpg

Reno Arch - June 16, 2011
Title: Re: It's alive!
Post by: motek on July 02, 2011, 04:18:08 PM
Way to go Rick!


George