BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: J Man on March 03, 2011, 08:30:17 PM

Title: Photo galleries
Post by: J Man on March 03, 2011, 08:30:17 PM
Just curious, in the photo galleries section, is there any way you could separate the MGB GTs from the MGBs? I am more into the GTs and it would be easier to look at the GT builds without going through all the regular MGB builds. You have the V8s in their own section so I am guessing you could do the same. Not sure if anyone else would agree with me, just a thought.
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: corby1 on March 03, 2011, 10:53:46 PM
Hey i like the GTs to if had the time too finish mine, 74.5 gt 4.0 supercharged. i'll have photo soon. Todd
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: RMO 699F on March 04, 2011, 11:37:58 AM
J Man, am I missing something? The Gts are separated from the roadsters........
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: ex-tyke on March 04, 2011, 02:38:25 PM
Factory GT V8's have their own section.....GT conversions are mixed in with roadsters
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: J Man on March 04, 2011, 06:13:49 PM
RMO 699F, there are 2 sections. MGB and MGB GT V8. Basically I am looking to get a 3rd section to separate the MGB from the MGB GT.
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: rficalora on March 04, 2011, 08:59:00 PM
Is it really that big of a deal?  One of the columns has whether the car is an MGB or MGB GT so all you have to do is scan down that column and focus on th GT's.  Now, if Curtis really wanted to get fancy he's make it a searchable database... Then we could look at all the cars with 16" wheels... Or Mustang radiators, or maybe my.favorite... All the cars with disc brakes on all 4 corners and no brake booster.

I'm just kidding Curtis, I can only imagine the hassle it'd be to try & maintain that much data let alone add a database to make it searchable.
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: RMO 699F on March 04, 2011, 10:42:55 PM
J Man, I guess I see your point, but it would be simple to bookmark all 30 GTs on your own computer favorites and you could review and analyze to your hearts content. Again, I see what you are saying, but putting them under your favorites is a very simple way to skin the cat.
cheers
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: J Man on March 05, 2011, 06:26:16 PM
No, it is not that big of a deal. It was just a simple question to see if something could be done. it is no different than if any of you had an idea of a way to possibly make the site better and sharing it with the guy that runs the place. I enjoy what Curtis has provided for us so it will not break my heart if he decides not to make the changes.
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: RMO 699F on March 05, 2011, 11:13:55 PM
Jason, I see you are in NW Ohio. I get up to Toledo a few times a year, are you near there? I live just off I 75 exit 68 (Tipp City) If you are ever close by, feel free to stop in and say hello. I have a '74 Sebring Gt that I would enjoy showing you!
cheers
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: mowog1 on March 06, 2011, 06:58:07 PM
Not to mention every Arkley Midget ever built resides with Mike in Tipp City.
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: J Man on March 06, 2011, 11:26:17 PM
I am a little outside of Defiance. My uncle is in Huber Heights, we get down there only about once a year. I worked in Dayton for almost 3 years in the late '90s before going back to Columbus (where I grew up). Isn't there a show down that way, put on by a Triumph club if I remember right?
Title: Re: Photo galleries
Post by: RMO 699F on March 08, 2011, 10:59:46 AM
J Man, yes there is a British car show in area. It is the largest brit show in Ohio hands downs down. We typically get 325/350 cars each year. The show is put on jointly by the MG Car Club SW Ohio and the Miami Valley Triumphs club. It is held, every year, the first Saturday in August at EastWood MetroPark in Dayton, Ohio.