BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on February 17, 2011, 09:46:10 PM

Title: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on February 17, 2011, 09:46:10 PM
We're still working through details, but I thought y'all might enjoy a sneak peak!






So here are preliminary renderings:

2011-front.jpg2011-back.jpg

* Anvil 6.1oz T-shirt (90% cotton/10%poly. "Heather" shirts always have some poly.)
* two color design featuring dark forest green and white ink on heather gray fabric
* back design will likely be printed somewhat larger than mocked-up here
* a fitted v-neck version in matching heather gray (5.4oz) fabric will be offered, but with the design on front only.


I'll likely have to take pre-orders again this year...


Your comments?
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: rficalora on February 18, 2011, 01:08:10 AM
I like it!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on February 18, 2011, 09:59:51 AM
I'll take two!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on February 25, 2011, 01:34:22 PM
Great! The design is finalized now and I've updated the "Store" page so pre-orders may now be placed online via PayPal.

I don't have a really accurate mock-up of the back-of-shirt design. The mock-up shown above is actually more accurate than what's on the Store page, except in the area of the righthand wing of the "V" on the back of the shirt. (The area in that wing that's shown gray will be shaded differently.) Due to some quality concerns with the previous screen-printer, I'm searching for another shop to work with. Different printers prefer different shirt manufacturers. We may still be looking at Beefy-T and Champion, or perhaps something different such as Anvil, Russell, etc., etc. - but the men's shirts will definitely be at least 90 percent cotton and heavy weight. The women's versions might have to be thinner material.

Link: <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/merchandise.htm">BritishV8 Store</a>
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 01, 2011, 11:49:08 AM
Orders Received To Date:

<table>
<tr><td>Valerie Ainsworth</td><td>Ladies-M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Clif Albro</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Mike Alexander</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Tracey Ashby</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Dave Bash</td><td>XXXL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Gregg Bernstein</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Don Bode</td><td>M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Michael Brose</td><td>M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Richard Burkart</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>John Butruce</td><td>XXXL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Richard Carr</td><td>XXL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Marion Carraway</td><td>XL (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Robert Ficalora</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Carl Floyd</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Art Gertz</td><td>L (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Calvin Grannis</td><td>M (x1) and XL (x1)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Frank Gwilliam</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Martyn Harvey</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Curtis Jacobson</td><td>XL (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Fred Key</td><td>M (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Lisa Kerans</td><td>Ladies-M (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Steve Kimball</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jason Len</td><td>XXXL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Raymond Lotter</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Mike Maloney</td><td>L (x1) and XL (x1)</td></tr>
<tr><td>John Marcell</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Terrance McClain</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Phil McConnell</td><td>M (x1), XXL (x1), Ladies-L (x2)</td></tr>
<tr><td>Bill McGarry</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jeffrey Meston</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>James Miller</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Dave Plumley</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Cheryl Quinn</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Max Rubin</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Ralph Scarfogliero</td><td>M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Mary Schils</td><td>Ladies-M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Paul Schils</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Justin Smith</td><td>M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Kelly Stevenson</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jim Stuart</td><td>L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Jim Thompson</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td>David Townsend</td><td>M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Ray Tope</td><td>XXL</td></tr>
<tr><td>Randy Zimmermann &nbsp; &nbsp;</td><td>XL</td></tr>
<tr><td></td><td></td></tr>
</table>

Dave Kirkman wrote to reserve two large shirts, but the check hasn't arrived yet.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: DiDueColpi on March 02, 2011, 11:35:54 AM
Hey Curtis,

I'll take two mediums.
Money order is in the mail today.

Cheers
Fred
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 21, 2011, 04:08:02 PM
Thank you for the pre-orders, gentlemen!

Anyone else?
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: kstevusa on March 21, 2011, 05:09:25 PM
Curtis, do you supose we will be fashionable in Townsend?   Maybe you can bring some snow?   Looks great!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: DiDueColpi on March 21, 2011, 08:03:32 PM
Hey Curtis,

Just remailed my money order for the tshirts.
Apparently you guys don't like Canadian stamps.
Should get to you soon.
With a little bonus.

Cheers
Fred
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 22, 2011, 06:16:22 PM
Kelly wrote:
QuoteCurtis, do you suppose we will be fashionable in Townsend?

Yes, absolutely! Pre-ordered shirts will certainly be delivered to U.S.A. buyers in time for BritishV8 2011... and for our international buyers I can probably arrange "curb service" at the meet. (I can't deliver all the shirts personally though, since there's not much cargo room in my little car!)
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: rficalora on March 23, 2011, 12:49:05 AM
Curtis, I'm fine if you want to save the shipping & just bring mine with you to Townsend.  I can pick it up there (i'm being confident that I'll get my axles fixed).
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Spitfire 350 on March 23, 2011, 12:15:16 PM
I am guessing that this list does not include the shirts that were ordered in conjunction with the event registrations.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 23, 2011, 01:04:07 PM
That's correct, Phil. Entirely different shirts. Entirely different fundraiser. The meets always have their own distinctive shirts, usually with a small embroidered design to commemorate the specific meet time and place. Proceeds from the meet shirt sale go toward meet expenses, whereas proceeds from these shirts (above) cover the website's expenses. I highly recommend buying both styles!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: danmas on March 23, 2011, 01:05:13 PM
Phil,

Correct. These are not the same design as the V8 meet shirts.

I'll try to post a picture of the V8 meet shirts soon.

Dan
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: danmas on March 23, 2011, 01:44:50 PM
Similar to the 2003 and 2006 logos:

2011logo.jpg
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: mowog1 on March 24, 2011, 12:47:02 AM
Curtis...come up with an embroidered logo polo shirt and you would have a sale here.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 24, 2011, 01:21:57 PM
Rick, there are a couple reasons I've chosen to hold off on offering embroidered shirts or collars. One is that the meet shirts cover those needs well, and I feel we're better off with complementary products rather than more directly competing ones.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 25, 2011, 12:23:55 PM
First, THANK YOU to everyone who pre-ordered!

With the money from pre-orders, I'll be able to invest in additional inventory and keep this limited edition run of shirts available for a little longer. (I'll probably order about 75 shirts, but I haven't broken that out to specific numbers per size.)  If you haven't yet, please order ASAP!  Supplies will be limited, and when they're gone you'll have to wait for the next design and/or color combination. Also, I travel a lot and can't promise prompt shipping will always be available. If you want your shirt to arrive before you leave for Townsend (BV8-2011), you should order now. I will NOT be selling these at the meet.


Hey! We made some final tweaks to the back-of-shirt design last night. (The "8" is bigger in proportion to the "V", and the websites address has been added at the bottom.) Here's what's going to the printer:

BV8-T-Back.jpg
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: rficalora on March 25, 2011, 04:47:34 PM
Looks great Curtis.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on March 28, 2011, 12:27:20 PM
Just to be clear...  Shirts are still for sale!  I took the number of pre-orders in each shirt size and doubled those numbers to get a basic order. Then I added a few extras here and there, and that's what I sent to the printer. 46 pre-orders ==> 102 shirts are being printed.  Still, all sizes are going to sell out - some sooner than others - so you should order as soon as possible. I would particularly hurry if ordering a ladies shirt or a plus-size mens. Hopefully I'll be mailing shirts by this coming weekend.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on April 03, 2011, 05:01:52 PM
Shipped!  If you pre-ordered, you should receive your shirt(s) on or about Wednesday, April 6 via First Class service.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: RMO 699F on April 04, 2011, 12:11:38 PM
Curtis, received my shirts this morning----they look great !
thanks!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: kstevusa on April 04, 2011, 03:11:21 PM
Got mine also!  Looks Great!   Hey, I even got "Curb Service" from the USPS.   Gotta Luv It!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on April 04, 2011, 08:01:10 PM
Thanks Curtis! My shirts came in today.

Brenda likes them and so do I.

We both wish we could be wearing them at the meet this year! Next year for sure with new shirts.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: MGBV8 on April 05, 2011, 04:26:27 PM
Got mine April 4th, as well.

Thanks, Curtis!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on April 05, 2011, 04:46:19 PM
Cool! - The post office ROCKS! - I'm glad you like the shirts. - Thanks for verifying delivery.

Now that the shirts are printed, I have photos of how they came out for those of you who haven't ordered yet.

MensT-F.jpg

MensT-R.jpg
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: XeNoMoRpH on April 06, 2011, 07:37:41 AM
I got my shirt the other day and took a picture of the back.

(http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206376_10100168478545122_68104013_47240289_2943472_n.jpg)

It looks fantastic by the way and I couldn't be happier.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on April 28, 2011, 05:22:03 PM
So... who else needs a T-shirt?  I've still got about fifty of them - all sizes - and I'm keen to mail them out of here.

Looking forward to BritishV8 2011, I've just realized how much gasoline and hotels are going to set me back. I could really use some T-shirt revenue about now! You'll be supporting an excellent cause, and in return you'll get a very nice looking and high quality t-shirt.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on November 10, 2011, 06:02:12 PM
Just a reminder... although sales have continued to trickle in, all sizes are still available!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Winston on November 16, 2011, 01:12:44 PM
I got mine this week, and I have to say that it's a very nice t-shirt. If you don't have one, go ahead and order one! Heck, wrap it and put it under the tree and label it "from Santa." At least you'll get one gift that you want ;)
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on November 30, 2011, 07:43:59 PM
I mailed two more today!  One went to Andrew Gaskin in New Zealand and one to Tami Sutcliffe in Texas. All size still available!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on February 23, 2012, 10:03:49 PM
BritishV8 T-shirts are still available in all sizes, but if you need a Men's XXL be advised that I only have one of those left!

First come, first served...
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on May 29, 2012, 05:51:14 PM
I brought along a box of BritishV8 t-shirts to the meet in Palestine and they sold briskly.

Some people realized that these shirts make great gifts.

Now, inventory of the fashionable heather gray shirts is almost depleted.

As of this moment, here's what's available:

Ladies Medium (1 shirt)
Ladies Large (2)
Ladies XL (2)
Mens Medium (2)
Mens Large (7)

If you like this style, time is running out. Act now! <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/merchandise.htm">(Click here.)</a>

I plan to have more shirts silk-screened soon, but they'll be distinctly different. A whole different color scheme. (I'm thinking red shirt with black and white ink - but all that might change.) Got a preference? A suggestion? Mad logo design or illustration skills? This is the place to make it known.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: mowog1 on May 29, 2012, 10:53:34 PM
Curtis....

Iif you would produce a polo shirt with a simplified BritishV8.org embroidered logo, I would be the first in line to purchase one.

I do not usually wear t-shirts.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on July 01, 2012, 03:42:55 PM
Inventory continues to just fly off the shelf! If you like the current style, you'd better snap up one or two of the remaining shirts. Future shirts will be different. (<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/merchandise.htm">link to store page</a>)

Here's what's left:  Mens Medium (1), Mens Large (7), Ladies Medium (1), Ladies Large (2), and Ladies XL (2).

Polo shirt... is a GRAND idea. Did you notice the handsome British Racing Green BritishRacecar-logo shirt Bill Davidson was wearing in Palestine? Bill told me he especially enjoys it because the fabric is so very soft. However, that shirt had a silkscreened logo. (Easy care. Colors that don't bleed or fade. No wrinkles around the logo. Not "scratchy" on the inside.) Well, I'm thinking something along those lines might be nice for BritishV8 too! The BritishV8 meets have traditionally offered embroidered shirts, and I figure a lot of folks have probably got a drawer full of those already.

(<a href="http://www.britishracecar.com/Merchandise.htm">note: some 1st edition BritishRacecar shirts are still available too!</a>)
(http://www.britishracecar.com/PhilLeonard-MG-RV8/MG-RV8-Race-Team.jpg)
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: mowog1 on July 03, 2012, 02:04:35 PM
I prefer embroidered over silk screened....to me, they just appear to be a higher quality...and I've never had any problems with "itching".
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on August 04, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
I just sold another large T-shirt, and that reminded me...

(http://www.britishv8.org/Photos/BritishV8WindowDecal-Banner.jpg)

While they last, we're including four BritishV8 window stickers FREE with every shirt purchase!
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on August 11, 2012, 03:28:51 PM
Men's Medium have now SOLD OUT.  (Large is still available.)

Women's V-neck shirts are still available in Medium, Large, and X-Large.
Title: Re: What will the fashionable be wearing this season?
Post by: Moderator on September 19, 2012, 01:54:10 AM
Remaining inventory: five men's large T-shirts plus one women's large V-neck and one women's XL V-neck.

Get them before they're gone!