BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: barrysmgb on January 16, 2011, 09:48:33 AM

Title: dash removal 79 mgb struggle
Post by: barrysmgb on January 16, 2011, 09:48:33 AM
really easy. got this removal down to  less than 1/2 hr just wanted to thank all for ideas. 2 main points for those i hear of trouble 1 wrench 1/4 drive socket 2 diff size extensions twist out and push on tach and speedo[ disc cable ] pull out glove box only a few screws. you can now reach all bolts on top edge of dash after removal just bump up on bottom of dash they stick a little from being in 30 yrs thanks again to the forum to get me inthe right direction. barrysmgb
Title: Re: dash removal 79 mgb struggle
Post by: kstevusa on January 16, 2011, 02:47:01 PM
Great news Barry,  hope you also removed the drivers seat.  This is the easy way to have access to re-install the nut & washer behind the speedo. Just lie down and strech out comfortably,(compared to not removing). I have used a sticky substance to hold the washer & nut to keep it from falling while I started it on the sud. the rest are easy.  The seat removal is also handy when removing the servo nut on the lower rt. side.  I still have to get someone to guide me when I reinstall that nut.   1978 MGB
 SAFETY FASTER!