BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: danmas on January 13, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

Title: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on January 13, 2011, 01:45:16 PM
1. Merv Hagen 66 MGB/Ford 347 or 73 Jag/Ford 351 V8
2. Robert Milks 65 MGB/Buick V8
3. Al Wulf 67 MGB/Buick V8
4. Bill Young 73 MG Midget/Chevy V6
5. Bill Davidson 74 MGB GT
6. Steve DeGroat 70 MGB GT Chevy V6
7. Kelly Stevenson    78 MGB/Ford 302
8. Roger Williams Cancelled
9. Dan Masters 74 MGB GT/Ford 302
10. Jim Watson 79 MGB/Rover V8
11. Bernie Posey 79 MGB Rover V8
12. Richard Moor Avenger/Buick V6
13. Ted Lathrop 74 TR6/Chevy 350
14. Robert Ficalora 76 MGB/Ford 302
15. Paul Schils 71 MGB/Ford 302
16. Mike Maloney 74 MGB GT/Rover V8
17. Hank Rippert
18. Graham Creswick 76 MGB/Ford 302
19. Dave Kirkman 80 MGB LE/Ford 302
20. Leroy Joppa Austin Healey/Chevy V8
21. Curtis Jacobson 71 MGB GT/Buick V8
22. Phil McConnell 74 Spitfire/Chevy 350
23. Mike Alexander 71 MGB/Buick V8 & 73MGB/Buick V8
24. Wayne Kube 79 MBG/Rover V8
25. Van Wilder 71 TR6/Ford 302
26. Larry Shimp 67 MGB GT/Ford 302
27. P.J. Lenihan 74 MGB GT/3.4 V6
28. Max Fulton 74 1/2 MGB
29. Kenneth Nicks 74 MGB GT
30. Rick Ingram 74 1/2 MGB GT
31. Jim Stuart 66 MGB/Rover V8
32. Daryl Siefert 60 Austin Healey 300 MKII
33. Phil Ossinger 77 MGB cancelled
34. Tim Duhamel 79 MGB/Buick V8
35. Kevin Pesant 79 MGB
36. Marc Traylor 79 MGB/V6
37. Wilfred Potter 54 Sunbeam-Talbot Alpine/Ford V8
38. Martyn Harvey 80 MGB/Rover V8
39. Jeremy Youngblood 72 MGB
40. Peter Smith 76 MGB/Rover V8
41. Don Bode 68 MGB/Buick 300 V8
42. Bill Guzman Boeing 747?
43. Dan Blackwood 66 TR4A or 80 TR7
44. Les Shockey 69 TR6/Ford V8
45. Carl Floyd 79 MGB/Buick V8
46. Scott Fraser 76 MGB/Toyota
47. Mark Maggard 77 MGB
48. William Dudley 74 MGB GT
49. Ken Hiebert 72 TR6/LT1
50. Mark Cooley MGBV8
51. Mike Moor 73 MGB/Buick 300
52. Terry McClain 74 MGBGT/V8
53. Jim Hall 72 MGB/supercharged
54. Steve Carrick 74 MGB/Ford 302
55. Rich Berger 70 MGB GT 3.1 V6
56. Sam Rodriguez
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on January 13, 2011, 04:18:43 PM
NO Merve, there is no Tim Horton's rest. in Townsend!   Maybe Graham will bring you another cup?  or your could drive over to Dayton Oh and visit their store.  Some few states have a franchise, but none closer than Ohio.  Seriously, there should be a large number of the Blount county bunch there on Friday & Sat. and then our V8 bunch  takes over on Sunday!  Townsend is beautiful in the spring.
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: rficalora on January 13, 2011, 10:31:57 PM
Just processed my registration.  See ya'll there.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: RMO 699F on January 16, 2011, 12:07:08 AM
It's in the mail!!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on January 16, 2011, 04:13:15 PM
Not sure I can drive that far.....
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on February 15, 2011, 10:51:49 PM
Where is every one?  Only 20?
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on February 16, 2011, 04:53:15 AM
It's still early, Dan.

When there is snow on the ground, a lot of folks aren't thinking sports car activities.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on February 16, 2011, 06:59:29 AM
I would be there this year for sure, but my twin boys graduate high school the same time the meet is in May.

Next year for sure.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: rficalora on February 16, 2011, 08:09:02 AM
Noticed there are more MG/302's registered than BOPR's... I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 16, 2011, 08:44:15 AM
Guess I'll be bringing the MG-Roadmaster again.

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on February 16, 2011, 09:46:42 PM
"Noticed there are more MG/302's registered than BOPR's... I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin..."

That won't hold.  Where are the LS1s?!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Moderator on February 16, 2011, 10:51:11 PM
I score it a 7 to 7 tie at the moment. The Avenger has a Buick 90-degree V6, which counts as a BOPR since it was derived from the original 215 design and shares parts (e.g. timing cover). BOPR's would be leading if Roger Williams were bringing his car to the meet.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 16, 2011, 11:03:16 PM
The MG-Roadmaster has a Buick engine...

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: rficalora on February 17, 2011, 11:43:30 AM
You guys are talking like politicians...  302 is one motor choice.  You can combine the BOP 215 & Rover variants of the V8.  Starting to say V6's & big blocks are the same engine choice requries me to go get my boots.  All in fun -- but I'm still just sayin :)
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Spitfire 350 on February 17, 2011, 12:18:19 PM
I am definitely attending the meet! I am trying to get commitment from other family members so I know how many to register.

Regarding  Risk's comment "It's still early, Dan. When there is snow on the ground, a lot of folks aren't thinking sports car activities." I spent last night in doghouse for spending too much time on the Spitfire. Something about my turn to cook dinner!?
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on February 17, 2011, 06:29:44 PM
Bring'um ALL, Phil!  Tn is beautiful in the Spring.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on February 17, 2011, 09:10:35 PM
"Tn is beautiful in the Spring."

Yeah, the flowers & trees are all abloom.

BRING YOUR ALLERGY MEDS!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 18, 2011, 08:28:27 AM
You Ford guys are just whining cause you only have one engine. Boo Hoo!

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on February 18, 2011, 09:32:52 AM
Correction, there are a FEW.  The Turbo 4 cyl.(Dale), and Maybe a Super Coupe T-Bird in another Brand.  Just that the 5.0L is so plentiful and adequate in the "Bounce per Ounce" category.   Have you "Driven A  Ford Lately"?  
Jim, Maybe a Blackwood?
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on February 18, 2011, 04:09:12 PM
"Maybe a Blackwood?"

 :-0      :-)    

Ain't no Hot Rod Lincoln!   ;-)
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: ex-tyke on February 18, 2011, 05:52:56 PM
Blackwood's Blackwood engine is a little sour and needs to be replaced with a BBB....
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Spitfire 350 on February 21, 2011, 12:35:54 PM
I am now officially registered for both events. The bad news is I will probably be alone this year. (You'll have to put up with my lack of adult supervision.) The good news is I have a spare reservation at the Talley Ho for the 15th-18th that I would be happy to try to transfer to someone. Talley Ho and Highland Manor were both booked for the 13th & 14th, but the Econolodge still had rooms.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 21, 2011, 09:34:57 PM
That's one I'm not sure even I would attempt.

But the good news is I have a fresh set of injectors ready to install tomorrow and then (hopefully) all will be smiles and sunshine. We'll see.

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on March 15, 2011, 12:07:06 AM
Sent in my electronic registration (Nice, Dan!!!!!) and PayPal payment tonight (3/14).
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: lawnvett on March 21, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting more of you guys.  I attended one other meet in Durham, but at that time I was just trying to learn a little about  modified Mgs.  I purchased a 74 BGT that Pete Mantell had converted to 3,4 V6 for the previous owner.  I dove it to Bellview foe MG 2010 but was not able to attend the Indy event.  I am joining the Rallye to Reno in Ocean City on June 4th so the event in Townsend will be the shakedown cruise for the 7-8000 mile trip in June.  I'm taking a round about northern route back from San Francisco to NC.  I've been doing some work on my car this winter with assistance from Ken Nicks in his fine facility in Jonesville, NC.

1973 MGB-GT 3.4 V6 5spd A/C completed:

front suspension serviced, new tie rod ends, gators & shocks, new floorpans welded in sealed, truck bed liner applied and interior covered in Hushmat, carpet installed, radiator and heater core serviced at radiator shop and re-installed, had to do the heater core twice since I pinched the demist cable under the rubber block the first time,  LED tail light/brake/indicators and front daytime running lights installed, added third brake light, changed 90 weight oil in differential,  upgraded heater fan motor to a higher cfm unit from a Fiero, new  gas tank & fuel filter, new wheels and tires, new spark plugs  etc.

to do:

radio, cruise control, rework exhaust system for more ground clearance, front end alignment, etc

I have not been active on this forum but I will check in more frequently,  I do hang out over at the MG Exp aka lawnvett

PJ Lenihan
Winston-Salem, NC
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Bill Young on March 21, 2011, 11:44:56 PM
PJ it will be good to see you again. Sounds like a nice car you have. I know that Pete does great work so it should be very reliable for you on those long trips. See you in the mountains.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: lawnvett on March 22, 2011, 11:12:13 PM
Thanks Bill see you in May
PJ
EmilyMG8-06.jpg
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: deltadave on March 23, 2011, 12:16:09 PM
Went to the Tally-Ho site, no rooms left. I guess I will be staying down the street. Is there an offical registration form for the event?
take care, Dave
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on March 23, 2011, 12:37:21 PM
Dave,

You can find the entry forms here - either on line with PayPal or mail in.  http://www.britishv8.org/British-V8-Meetings.htm

See you here,

Dan
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on March 23, 2011, 10:20:16 PM
How many registrations to date, Dan.

Maybe I should rephrase that.

How many paid registrations do we have for BritishV8 2011, Dan?
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on March 23, 2011, 11:07:41 PM
Rick,

33 so far - see the top of this thread for a complete list of entries.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on April 03, 2011, 07:34:41 PM
Unfortunately, Roger Williams had to cancel due to circumstances beyond his control. He sends his regrets. He had purchased airline tickets and made reservations, but, alas, it is not to be. He and Alex are deeply disappointed, as I'm sure we all are.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on April 03, 2011, 10:19:31 PM
Damn.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 04, 2011, 08:15:57 AM
Too bad, won't be quite the same...

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on April 07, 2011, 09:50:32 AM
HEY!  just a little over 4 weeks now!  seems like the weather is breaking and the mountains will be beautiful.  appears a few will arrive early and take in the BCBC show also.  
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 07, 2011, 10:43:43 PM
I'm waiting on a head for the truck, won't get it back for a week and a half. Hopefully that'll give me time to put it back together and get the bugs worked out. Dropped a pair of exhaust valve seats.

So other than Steve is there nobody else who can help get the Roadmaster ready?  A shame really.

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: rficalora on April 12, 2011, 10:04:05 PM
Ok, since I have precious little time to shake down the car my wife didn't want me to drive it -- promised her I'd trailer it there & back & just drive it while there.  Up side is that gave me the opportunity to invite my dad to join me on the trip.  He's in good shape but at 71yrs old & with something like 29 pins in his hip from when he shattered it a couple years ago I didn't think he'd enjoy the trip from TX in the MG.  Even though he'd hinted at being interested, I hadn't invited him before.  So add one a guest to the registrations Dan... I just filled out the form & paypal'd his fees (the shirt's for me though ;) ).
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on April 13, 2011, 11:36:07 AM
Rob,

Got him on the list. I think it's great that he's joining you. He won't be alone - there will be several of us " over 70" there, myself included.

I would suggest we have an oldtimer's club, but none of us would admit to actually being old.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on April 13, 2011, 05:11:05 PM
I'm over 70", actually just under 74".    ;)
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: rficalora on April 13, 2011, 08:32:06 PM
Carl, by that standard I'm not sure my dad is even over 65... any more anyway.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: danmas on April 13, 2011, 08:59:21 PM
I always get confused. I can never remember if I'm 5'6" or 6'5"  It's one or the other.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: MGBV8 on April 15, 2011, 03:38:10 PM
No more procrastinating. I'm officially registered. Might ride my Harley, though.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 16, 2011, 03:00:03 PM
I'd bring my old ironhead sportster if I could find room on the trailer.

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: britcars on May 02, 2011, 08:55:24 PM
Just spoke with Dan and have had to cancel out for this year.....way to much happening in out lives right now with our home up for sale and staring construction of a new one.   Going to miss seeing friends and driving the great roads in the area in the finally finished MGB.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,22982,23422#msg-23422
Poster600x427.jpg
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: RMO 699F on May 03, 2011, 08:10:51 PM
Phil, sorry to hear you won't make it. Was looking forward to seeing you and your car. Oh well, we'll see you next year!!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on May 03, 2011, 09:25:30 PM
Dang it, Phil!  I hate it when life gets in the way fo our fun!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: lawnvett on May 03, 2011, 10:04:46 PM
I ordered a cooling fan today, unfortunately I'll be out of town until May 12.  I plan to get it installed that evening then drive to Tn. with Darly and Ken on Fri. 5-13.  Let's hope for on time flights, ups deliveries and no install hassles.
AutocrossBGT.jpg
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: mowog1 on May 06, 2011, 09:32:29 AM
Finally found coverage at the pharmacy for Sunday, so Jean and I will be in late afternoon (rather than on Monday, as I was anticipating).
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Barney on May 07, 2011, 09:02:14 AM
Heck,  my Blazer showed up that Blackwood on the autocross  :))))

Steve
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on May 07, 2011, 12:06:58 PM
Some of our  guys have had to cancel due to other obligations. but we wil still have a great meet.  probably several new attendees will discover "The Spirit"   Looking fwd to seeing  you all!
Mr Dickel and Margarita will help provide the entertainment  :)
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 07, 2011, 01:15:27 PM
Want a rematch?

JB
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: britcars on May 07, 2011, 08:36:39 PM
Mike, Rick Kelly...............I hope you and all the other guys have a great time!  The plan was to leave home today, take my time going to Nashville, picking up Mrs. Phil (Pam) at the airport on the morning of the 10th, spend a couple of days playing tourist, then meet Kelly and Richard Woodley in Chattanooga for a drive over the Cherohala to the Blount Gathering and the v8 Meet.  Kind of bummed that I'm not on the way but there's always next year.
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: kstevusa on May 08, 2011, 12:25:31 PM
We will soldier on,  life throws us a curve and even a nuckle ball sometimes.  good luck in your duties.  Mr Dickel and Margartita will try to uphold your duties w/o Mr Moosehhead.
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: British V8 2011 registrations so far
Post by: Dan B on May 09, 2011, 02:15:49 PM
Dang it Phil.  I was looking forward to seeing you and your B too.