BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: barrysmgb on January 08, 2011, 07:31:19 PM

Title: eliminating heater
Post by: barrysmgb on January 08, 2011, 07:31:19 PM
can i eliminate all heater comp and box on firewall live in fl wanted to clean up firewall some one said i needed to keep it
Title: Re: eliminating heater
Post by: mgb260 on January 08, 2011, 08:19:03 PM
There is a heater delete option plate that bolts on where heater box was. Or you could make your own heater blanking plate. Look at the Race Car section on this site.
Title: Re: eliminating heater
Post by: MGB SS on January 08, 2011, 09:09:15 PM
I took mine off it leaves a hole about 3" diameter in the fire wall, I placed my heater blower fan over it, sort of gives the illusion of it sill having a heater.
Title: Re: eliminating heater
Post by: Moderator on January 08, 2011, 09:46:02 PM
I've never missed mine.
Title: Re: eliminating heater
Post by: pspeaks on January 09, 2011, 04:27:21 PM
If asked, and living in Texas, I would say I miss air conditioning more than a heater, but it's snowing as I type this!  Still, mine is gone and for room sake I'm glad I removed it; however, I do have two other cars for those days when I feel too old to put up with it..